You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Transformers join the battle in World of Warships

176 comments in this topic

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,888 posts
27,193 battles

Why?

"Midway" and "Greyhound" have come out this year and no collaboration but Transformers? They have nothing to do with one another. WoT had a collaboration with the film "Fury."

What's next, "Alien Vs Predator," or "You've Got Mail"? 

It just seems silly to me. WoWs created a huge interest in naval history for me but instead of more real content the tie-ins come from things not even remotely related to ships. I just dint understand why the time is wasted. While yes, I get that theyll sell some products, I have to question just how many people are actually interested in this and why.

• Cool 15
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 4
  • Boring 2

[DPG]
Supertester
768 posts
19,205 battles

Love the collaborations, just wish the cost was more affordable. The Canadian currency made the last round of ships just too expensive...

... My hours and pay are down significantly as they are for a good many other people

75.00 is higher than the price of a whole AAA game... I'm a Warhammer fanatic and sadly had to pass :(

Exciting couple of collaborations though, keep it up WG! 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,533 posts
18,537 battles
29 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Wargaming and Hasbro join hands to deploy Autobots and Decepticons in World of Warships this September.

Read it on the portal

I thought you were supposed to be doing the big reveal later today your time. 

You'll have to count me out of this one. Transformers never held any appeal for me. 

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
86 posts

I had been thinking about playing again at least until they release subs in randoms but after seeing this, Nevermind. Transformers and ww2 era warships is about one of the dumbest crossovers I’ve heard of in any game I’ve played. What did you hire Michael  Bay and need something for him to do?

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1

[WOLF6]
Members
239 posts
9,407 battles

Ooph I can already sense the huge cost associated with this one. I commend Wargaming on the collaborations though, hopefully this is just the start and we see some more interesting things in the future. 

[PVE]
Members
11,082 posts
19,206 battles
4 minutes ago, Shocri said:

I had been thinking about playing again at least until they release subs in randoms but after seeing this, Nevermind. Transformers and ww2 era warships is about one of the dumbest crossovers I’ve heard of in any game I’ve played. What did you hire Michael  Bay and need something for him to do?

The thing about the Collaborations is that you don't need to participate or even see them in game. Subs are another story.

Members
3,354 posts
18,395 battles

This confirms WG's target age group. So much for historical warship game.  I guess  "My Little Pony" is next.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 3

[ARGSY]
Members
24,533 posts
18,537 battles
1 minute ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I guess  "My Little Pony" is next.

MLP's also a Hasbro property, so I guess the foot's in the door... :Smile_trollface:

Nominations as to which ship matches which character are hereby invited... :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,255 posts
11,727 battles

As much as I love G1 Transformers, I don't hear Peter Cullen, Frank Welker, or Dan Gilvezan voicing these characters, so no thank you due to buzzkill, although this is probably Hasbro's fault and not Wargaming's.

Edited by Shannon_Lindsey

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,255 posts
11,727 battles
1 minute ago, Capn_Nugget said:

Is Peter Cellen doing the voice of Optmus Prime???

No, it's the War for Cybertron cast; ie bad impressions of Cullen and Welker's voices.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,308 posts
24,204 battles
50 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Wargaming and Hasbro join hands to deploy Autobots and Decepticons in World of Warships this September.

Read it on the portal

@Hapa_Fodder  "Is this the best we can do????"   I've seen more exciting disasters at the NTC than this idea. Heck, I'd go back to live in the desert because that is more fun than this..........and, I despise the desert.

Good Lord Lad, with missing scenarios; scenario segments we haven't seen in years; no new maps; repeating the same ships over and over again (Tirpitz. Odin, Pommern, et al..), the endless carrier affair.......and, this is the most creative we can be>?>>?   I'll check with the "grand kid posse later this week" and see what they think.  I'll bet it will be a question first:  "will the ships transform in battle?"; and, when your team says no; it will be a resounding "no....Uh, Gramps, they aren;t transformers if they do transform in battle.......I can show you.........(sigh)"

What this amounts to is a CIWS, seven barrel, 40mm Goalkeeper that can only shoot single shots and is hand cranked by 20 sailors..........  Is that clear enough of an image??? 

Sorry, but the max effective range of this concept for me is Zero meters......."

• Cool 5

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,882 posts
22,485 battles
36 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

"Midway" and "Greyhound" have come out this year and no collaboration but Transformers?

A lot comes down to which companies are willing to do the collaboration with them, and on what terms.

19 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

This confirms WG's target age group.

It's not so straightforward with legacy properties. The kids who grew up with the original Transformers toys are in their 40s now. From a marketing perspective, it's a double play because it could attract younger players, but also appeal to older players' nostalgia.

23 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The thing about the Collaborations is that you don't need to participate or even see them in game.

This one might be tricky; it seems to be the main content of the patch (with associated camos and events to earn them). So while you will almost certainly be able to hide the camos in game, you may still have some missions and maybe an Armory section that can't be hidden.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
615 posts

When I saw this, this morning my brain was like "Hey it's April 1st hahaha"..........oh God no wait it's not.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
11,082 posts
19,206 battles
1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

This one might be tricky; it seems to be the main content of the patch (with associated camos and events to earn them). So while you will almost certainly be able to hide the camos in game, you may still have some missions and maybe an Armory section that can't be hidden.

There is precedence for a Transformers collab. Missouri gets ready to take on the Transformers.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,816 posts
12,830 battles
52 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Why?

"Midway" and "Greyhound" have come out this year and no collaboration but Transformers? They have nothing to do with one another. WoT had a collaboration with the film "Fury."

What's next, "Alien Vs Predator," or "You've Got Mail"? 

It just seems silly to me. WoWs created a huge interest in naval history for me but instead of more real content the tie-ins come from things not even remotely related to ships. I just dint understand why the time is wasted. While yes, I get that theyll sell some products, I have to question just how many people are actually interested in this and why.

Oh, go watch My Little Ponies.. wait...

Love this.  Bubble Bee camo, please!

You all know better. It's going to be camos and designs of ships. Most likely will have competition like Water and Fire.  As long as all CV go Decepticons since 90% of them did fly.

Members
3,354 posts
18,395 battles
22 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

It's not so straightforward with legacy properties. The kids who grew up with the original Transformers toys are in their 40s now. From a marketing perspective, it's a double play because it could attract younger players, but also appeal to older players' nostalgia.

WOWS was suppose to be a historical naval game. Desperation on WG part is turning it into a joke. 

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,850 battles

Oh, look .... a car wreck!

• Cool 2