Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JimmyTheRealPirate

Just another CV suggestion

2 comments in this topic

Members
203 posts
5,977 battles

I know, I know... your thinking "But Jimmy, we already have 15 bajillian suggestions on how to nerf/buff CVs, why do we need another one?" Well, to be honest we don't need another one, but here it is anyway.

I just want to start out by saying, I don't have anything against the CV rework. On the contrary, I think it is better than the RTS days. At least now we have 1/4 of the available classes in the game actually being played a decent amount, instead only showing up once every 20 games or so. With that being said, I also don't think the rework is perfect, nor am I against some changes to make it "flow" better.

Instant heal on planes is one thing I am not to fond of with the CV rework (even when I play CVs), the fact that as soon as you pull your planes away and they land back on the ship, all the damage they took is gone, meaningless, pointless, thrown right out the window and they can launch will full HP like nothing happened. In the end the only thing that matters to the planes is that they either lived or they died, the amount of HP they have left is completely inconsequential. I believe this is one of the big reasons why AA sometimes feels so inadequate, because if you don't down the plane then it was completely pointless, no matter how much damage you did. 

So my suggestion is, make damaged planes take time to repair. Basically, when a damaged plane lands on the carrier, it only heals a percentage of its HP per second and can not be launched again until fully healed (say 3% per second, so an almost destroyed plane will take 30 seconds or so before it can be launched again). Maybe add a special condition that if an enemy is within 10KM of the CV then they can launch damaged planes, but otherwise they have to wait. I feel this will make AA a lot more impactfully without actually changing AA or its damage values, since any damage now hinders planes instead of just the kill shot. Of course this doesn't just benefit AA, with a more granular approach to how planes deal with damage other things can be adjusted. For example, since planes would now suffer from damage they took instead of just getting shot down, they could be given much more HP. It would be harder to lose your planes, but careless usage of planes would still hurt as you have to wait for new planes to respawn AND old planes to repair.

So what do you guys and gals think? Does this sound like the next best thing, or completely pointless?

• Cool 1

Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
2 hours ago, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

I know, I know... your thinking "But Jimmy, we already have 15 bajillian suggestions on how to nerf/buff CVs, why do we need another one?" Well, to be honest we don't need another one, but here it is anyway.

I just want to start out by saying, I don't have anything against the CV rework. On the contrary, I think it is better than the RTS days. At least now we have 1/4 of the available classes in the game actually being played a decent amount, instead only showing up once every 20 games or so. With that being said, I also don't think the rework is perfect, nor am I against some changes to make it "flow" better.

Instant heal on planes is one thing I am not to fond of with the CV rework (even when I play CVs), the fact that as soon as you pull your planes away and they land back on the ship, all the damage they took is gone, meaningless, pointless, thrown right out the window and they can launch will full HP like nothing happened. In the end the only thing that matters to the planes is that they either lived or they died, the amount of HP they have left is completely inconsequential. I believe this is one of the big reasons why AA sometimes feels so inadequate, because if you don't down the plane then it was completely pointless, no matter how much damage you did. 

So my suggestion is, make damaged planes take time to repair. Basically, when a damaged plane lands on the carrier, it only heals a percentage of its HP per second and can not be launched again until fully healed (say 3% per second, so an almost destroyed plane will take 30 seconds or so before it can be launched again). Maybe add a special condition that if an enemy is within 10KM of the CV then they can launch damaged planes, but otherwise they have to wait. I feel this will make AA a lot more impactfully without actually changing AA or its damage values, since any damage now hinders planes instead of just the kill shot. Of course this doesn't just benefit AA, with a more granular approach to how planes deal with damage other things can be adjusted. For example, since planes would now suffer from damage they took instead of just getting shot down, they could be given much more HP. It would be harder to lose your planes, but careless usage of planes would still hurt as you have to wait for new planes to respawn AND old planes to repair.

So what do you guys and gals think? Does this sound like the next best thing, or completely pointless?

just give up WG spent so much time on the cv rework, they aren't going to to change it

Sign in to follow this