You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
legozer

Henri

18 comments in this topic

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,444 battles

When is the last time you saw an Henri IV in game? It's become a rare bird.

• Cool 1

[D33P6]
Members
572 posts

I saw one the other day.

You are correct.  It is a rare ship to see.  The heavy nerf it got made it very undesirable.

I made it to the Tier IX but then stopped.  I didn't find the ship very enjoyable to play or just didn't play well enough in it.  I did enjoy the Tier VIII.

[WOLFG]
Members
1,135 posts

I have one that is on it's last leg of the UU.  Can't decided whether it's even worth bothering to finish it up before December.  When WG decides to ruin a ship, they really do a good job.  Too bad they can't fix things as well as they can destroy them.

• Cool 2

[KRAK]
Members
3,727 posts
22,437 battles
8 hours ago, legozer said:

I tend to see them nearly every day at least once or twice. Many stopped playing them when their "I win" acceleration was nerfed.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[TNG-2]
Members
208 posts
14,715 battles
9 hours ago, legozer said:

It's still a good boat, problem is, people that loved it when it was OP... it's just not OP anymore.

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts

Just in my last round.  

Edit ... Just saw one again.

Edited by Col_Nasty

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

I bet more would be seen if they put the inherent accel/decel back, and took the engine boost gimmick off instead.

Members
641 posts
90 battles
16 minutes ago, Heed_04 said:

It's still a good boat, problem is, people that loved it when it was OP... it's just not OP anymore.

What makes it not op anymore? What did they nerf exactly that makes it so unattractive now

[PVE]
Members
1,147 posts
9,609 battles

If I recall correctly, they nerfed her start/stop rate. You used to be able to dodge incoming rounds much easier than you can now.  You'd simply alternate between deceleration and acceleration and incoming shells would always miss.  Now if you decelerate it takes forever to get back up to speed so you're practically guaranteed to eat a full salvo or 2 if you stop in open water. They also keep making or testing changes to its UU that make it less and less desirable.

I honestly forgot I had mine in port, I don't sell T10s even if I never play them.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

What makes it not op anymore? What did they nerf exactly that makes it so unattractive now

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PFSC110&modules=11111&upgrades=000000&commander=PCW001&consumables=11111&pos=0

Expand the Maneuverability section. 

It now takes the ship 70 seconds to reach full power ahead, and 50 seconds to reach full power reverse.  Compare this to any other ship in the game, including BBs. 

The ship was reportedly "too agile" with the engine boost and normal accel/decel, allowing players to evade enemy fire by just throttling back and forth.  So instead of getting rid of the engine boost, they made the ship laughably unagile without the engine boost active.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,727 posts
22,437 battles
5 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PFSC110&modules=11111&upgrades=000000&commander=PCW001&consumables=11111&pos=0

Expand the Maneuverability section. 

It now takes the ship 70 seconds to reach full power ahead, and 50 seconds to reach full power reverse.  Compare this to any other ship in the game, including BBs. 

The ship was reportedly "too agile" with the engine boost and normal accel/decel, allowing players to evade enemy fire by just throttling back and forth.  So instead of getting rid of the engine boost, they made the ship laughably unagile without the engine boost active.

As they should have. That ship was just stupid OP in its original state.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
37 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

As they should have. That ship was just stupid OP in its original state.

They should have taken the engine boost off to take away it's most extreme ability to throttle-dance... or they should have done what they actually did and given it the slowest-spooling engines in the game?

[SNGNS]
Members
610 posts
7,039 battles
6 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

They should have taken the engine boost off to take away it's most extreme ability to throttle-dance... or they should have done what they actually did and given it the slowest-spooling engines in the game?

...please also mention the buff it got a few weeks ago...it got a good bit of its accel back...

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
1 minute ago, TobTorp said:

...please also mention the buff it got a few weeks ago...it got a good bit of its accel back...

Did it?  

I'm looking at what's on the WOWS Fitting Tool site -- which shows 70 seconds to full forward power and 50 seconds to full reverse power, worse than battleships -- and by what the ships feels like in-game.

[SNGNS]
Members
610 posts
7,039 battles
5 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Did it?  

I'm looking at what's on the WOWS Fitting Tool site -- which shows 70 seconds to full forward power and 50 seconds to full reverse power, worse than battleships -- and by what the ships feels like in-game.

huh, it did have a devblog going in that direction https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/21      but it was not implemented. i retract my post. sorry.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
Just now, TobTorp said:

huh, it did have a devblog going in that direction https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/21      but it was not implemented. i retract my post. sorry.

No worries, I could just as easily have been the one with the wrong info, given the way things go around here.

• Thanks 1

[WKY04]
Members
4,047 posts
25,744 battles
1 hour ago, TobTorp said:

It happens, I thought the same. Odd how I occasionally remember stuff on the devblog more readily than the actual update. 

[KRAK]
Members
3,727 posts
22,437 battles
15 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Their fix was fine I take no issue with it. The ship is still strong without being OP now.

• Meh 1