Tanz

Tanz's Shipyard

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

1,742 posts in this topic

Hi...
Really coolwork.
Onequestion I haveforskinofBaltimore.

Howdid you do itwith thecolor inthe hull?
The hull hasindeed2differentcolors.

What programdo you useto createtheskins?
Can yougiveasa small guide?

Ialsocreateownskins, but I haveproblems with theamerican shipswith the hull.
To create theskinsI usePhotoshopitself.

Thanks in advance.

Millos77

Increase the opacity of the layer? 

Edited by AT_VELOCITY

I really do like these custom skins that you made. I wish WG can implement something like this into the game like they did with the camouflage patterns in WoT. Example: If you don't want the Iowa as the ship name you can add the Missouri's paint job.

That's the one thing I kind of vaguely miss about NF: you could name your ships, and said ship sprites were so small you couldn't really tell paint schemes apart anyways.  That being said...I know that allowing people to name items whatever they want can lead to interesting results (though frankly, look at the names in an average WoT 15v15, which is amusing enough as-is).

I'm all for camouflage options, though.  Kinda lets you feel a bit more like your ship is your ship and not just one of a slew of Clevelands or Yamatos.

I asked about skins in chat and was immediately pointed to your thread.   Excellent work!  

Working my way down the USN DD line, so putting in a request for the USS Benson circa 1944-45 per the attached. 

USS Benson Cammo.jpg

uss_dd_421_benson_destroyer_1945-45579.jpg

Bruh these look wicked, keep up the good work. 

I asked about skins in chat and was immediately pointed to your thread.   Excellent work!  

Working my way down the USN DD line, so putting in a request for the USS Benson circa 1944-45 per the attached. 

I knew you would love Tanz's skins!

Nice work Tanz 

Bruh these look wicked, keep up the good work. 

:great:

Great job. I think You won't mind. The census is your original posts with the skins on RU forum. I think many will like your work.

I knew you would love Tanz's skins!

Thanks everybody and glad you enjoy my work. For those that requested skins, they are being worked on. I will be adding more and just added a Cleveland skin.

Awesome work on your skins (From the SEA server here!.) Was wondering if i could request you do a skin for the Myoukou classes? If i recall, they do too had camo on them during the later years of the war. Pictures are attached below for reference: http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq101/shigeko88/album%2019/gakken696.jpg

http://www.navypedia.org/ships/japan/jap_cr6.jpg http://gau-ando.sakura.ne.jp/Myko20-5.jpg

Edited by Maccha2312

I can't wait to load the new Cleveland skin after work today.  I'm currently using IM's Cleveland skin and haven't loaded your Baltimore skin in case the secondaries looked odd.  Now I can have both ships skinned without worry!  Viva la Tanz!!!

Thanks everybody and glad you enjoy my work. For those that requested skins, they are being worked on. I will be adding more and just added a Cleveland skin.

Ive got an off the wall idea for a skin, it's simple.  How about a skin on a warship with the Decepticon logo?  It would be wizard...

These are great.

I'd really like to see these added into the game. If a number of ships of the class of ship had specific paint styles or markings you could get say a bundle that would make your ship look just like that. This way not ever cleveland or what ever ship looks the same

Can i put in a request for a Des Moines Skin next :)?

looking back at it i guess they never camo'd the Des Moines class cruisers or if they did i cant find a photo of one.

Edited by Fink117

looking back at it i guess they never camo'd the Des Moines class cruisers or if they did i cant find a photo of one.

It would seem you are correct.  (says the guy with non-historical camouflage in his signature)

http://www.shipcamouflage.com/usn_ca.htm

Edited by PaperArtillery

Am currently looking at a USN Camo that I can put on her that will go with my other US skins. This is mainly because the Secondaries are used on the Cleveland, Baltimore, Essex, Gearing, and Atlanta. Yet, I do have a great one in mind that I will modify a bit to put on the Des Moines. 

The Atlanta camo will probably by done by the end of the weekend.

Edited by Tanz

I'll wager the 5" Mk 28  DPs will be showing up on the USS BBs as well. Guess that means MS-32 for everybody! :D

I'll wager the 5" Mk 28  DPs will be showing up on the USS BBs as well. Guess that means MS-32 for everybody! :D

From historical perspective, I would love that; but from gameplay...if DP guns were properly represented, it would drastically change how people play — and people want "play", not realistic (read: terrifying) fleet action a lá the Pacific war.

Oh I will very much have to play around with the camo. I really dont mind creating different camos for people. I will simply let them know what is mirrored on other ships so they are not surprised :ohmy:

Oh and I just noticed this got stickied....:teethhappy: Thanks :honoring:

From historical perspective, I would love that; but from gameplay...if DP guns were properly represented, it would drastically change how people play — and people want "play", not realistic (read: terrifying) fleet action a lá the Pacific war.

Sorry that was an art asset joke, not a gameplay comment.  The models and textures for weapons and modules are shared across different ships.  So for example changes to the skins for the Cleveland will appear on all ships that use the same sub components.  Hence my comment about him needing to Measure 32 all the things.