Tanz

Tanz's Shipyard

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

1,748 posts in this topic

USN

Destroyers

Cruisers

Spoiler

5979361adc3de_CAPICS.thumb.jpg.5472f4c0fc160c9eabcf88affd633539.jpg

1. Erie Class: USS Charleston or Coast Guard Version

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hbbrbp2w2pgyydx/Erie+Class.rar

5. Omaha Class: USS Ralieigh and Richmond

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yy6aud4vik2u90n/USS+Raleigh+and+Richmond.rar

6. Cleveland Class: USS Cleveland/Vincennes or USS Houston

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8kju1aizv0c32w6/US+Clevland+Class.rar

7. Pensacola Class: USS Salt Lake/Pensacola

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ogmmlcs96dv45p0/Pensacola+Class.rar

8. New Orleans Class: USS San Francisco 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qvbde5efjq5543h/USS+San+Francisco+CA-38.rar

9. Baltimore Class: USS Baltimore

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z34dfbdep5fmcpb/USS+Baltimore+CA-68.rar

10. Des Monies Class: USS Des Monies

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vrgak4dhvky344g/Des+Moines.rar

Battleships

Premium Ships

Kriegsmarine

Premium Ship

Enjoy

:honoring:

Tirpitz Additions

Battleships

Cruisers

:popcorn:

Destroyers

AA Guns. In case I missed some

German Ship Extras (Catapults & Search Lights)

Enjoy :great:

Regia Marina

Duca d'Aosta

Here is the Italian Light Cruiser Emanuele Filiberto Duca d'Aosta as it looked in 1942.

The File is the entire Italian Nation Folder...so just drop it with the rest of the Nation Folders.

Link will be up once the ships on sale later today  :hiding:

:popcorn:

Edited by Tanz

I really do like these custom skins that you made. I wish WG can implement something like this into the game like they did with the camouflage patterns in WoT. Example: If you don't want the Iowa as the ship name you can add the Missouri's paint job.

I run all your skins Tanz, they are awesome, especially the IJN DD's! :great: Keep up the good work mate!

How do you view the skins when you're making them? Do you need to export the files and replace them in the game folder each time you simply want to check something and then log in to view their progress? Or is there a program you use to render their 3D models? 

Also love the senjo skin, skins look great :>

How do you view the skins when you're making them? Do you need to export the files and replace them in the game folder each time you simply want to check something and then log in to view their progress? Or is there a program you use to render their 3D models? 

Also love the senjo skin, skins look great :>

currently no program to render them with the skin on without a lot of hassle for it. and I mean A ton of hassle

But you can make your own res mod folder so you can drag and drop the new textures in without having to write over the original files

currently no program to render them with the skin on without a lot of hassle for it. and I mean A ton of hassle

But you can make your own res mod folder so you can drag and drop the new textures in without having to write over the original files

Welp, incoming hours wasted on this lol, thanks for the reply. 

Welp, incoming hours wasted on this lol, thanks for the reply. 

welp

how to make a res mod folder!

first  go to the Paths file open it in notepad and type this in

<root>
    <Paths>
        <Path>res_mods/0.3.0</Path>
        <Path>res</Path>
    </Paths>
</root>

Now go to the main warships folder and make a new folder called res_mods. In there make the 0.3.0 folder

Now when it comes to skins you need to match the folder layout in the normal res folder so if you take a texture from a Japanese ship like a destroyer the folder layout would be

res_mods<0.3.0<content<gameplay<japan<ship<destroyer<textures    (add in the texture folder that's where you would drop your new files)

obviously these are folders with in folders. So if it was a JP battles ship it would be

res_mods<0.3.0<content<gameplay<japan<ship<battleship<textures

Or if it was a gun skin

res_mods<0.3.0<content<gameplay<japan<gun<secondary<textures (put new texture here)

If the game updates, change the 0.3.0 to the desired update number so like 0.3.1 or whatever they call it.

btw props to MajorRenegade for first posting how to do this

welp

how to make a res mod folder!

first  go to the Paths folder open it and type this in

<root>
    <Paths>
        <Path>res_mods/0.3.0</Path>
        <Path>res</Path>
    </Paths>
</root>

Now go to the main warships folder and make a new folder called res_mods. In there make the 0.3.0 folder

Now when it comes to skins you need to match the folder layout in the normal res folder so if you take a texture from a Japanese ship like a destroyer the folder layout would be

res_mods<0.3.0<content<gameplay<japan<ship<destroyer<textures    (add in the texture folder that's where you would drop your new files)

obviously these are folders with in folders. So if it was a JP battles ship it would be

res_mods<0.3.0<content<gameplay<japan<ship<battleship<textures

Or if it was a gun skin

res_mods<0.3.0<content<gameplay<japan<gun<secondary<textures (put new texture here)

If the game updates, change the 0.3.0 to the desired update number so like 0.3.1 or whatever they call it.

btw props to MajorRenegade for first posting how to do this

oh thanks, but I already know how to do it, appreciate the time put into the reply though. I modded a lot of stuff for WoT, so I'm familiar with WG's file structure :).

oh thanks, but I already know how to do it, appreciate the time put into the reply though. I modded a lot of stuff for WoT, so I'm familiar with WG's file structure :).

D: well at least it's there for new peeps :D

It is an amazing work!

However, I point out 1 mistake to you.

http://i.imgur.com/yEx3Ufb.jpg

You used wrong spell on Kagero class Hayashio.

You wrote "ハヤツオ" but it is pronounced "Hayatsuo".

Right spelling is "ハヤシオ". Spelling of other ships are correct.

Did that make sense?

I'm sorry for my poor English. Thank you.

It is an amazing work!

However, I point out 1 mistake to you.

http://i.imgur.com/yEx3Ufb.jpg

You used wrong spell on Kagero class Hayashio.

You wrote "ハヤツオ" but it is pronounced "Hayatsuo".

Right spelling is "ハヤシオ". Spelling of other ships are correct.

Did that make sense?

I'm sorry for my poor English. Thank you.

Hey Cmurame....yeah Thanks for pointing that out. It was mentioned in my original thread and I just haven't had time to fix it. Her along with another Kagero are off. They were the only ones that MrJc(he does the names for me) and I couldn't find to much information on when it came to the name :D

Also, like in my original thread. If any of you guys find extra information on ships..please feel free to let me know as I'm trying to make these as accurate as possible :popcorn:

I am sorry.  I did not know your original thread.

I am looking forward to your next work! Thank you for reply.:)

Hey Tanz, just stumbled into this thread and was immediately impressed. Awesome skin work you've done.

Not sure if you're taking suggestions or requests, but I saw that you reskinned the Fubuki to appear as the Amagiri—I was wondering if you have already completed (or would be able to make) a historical Fubuki skin? I know I'm going to be using her as soon as I can get to tier 8 (once I can rig a computer and actually play the game, for a start...), so having a Fubuki skin in the future would be awesome. Maybe even those of her sister ships too, such as the Shirayuki and (by extension) those of the Akatsuki-class perhaps?

Either way, your skins are top-notch. Keep 'em coming! :3

Thought: i think the katakana on the Hatsushimo is pretty narrow compared to the standard kana width used on most of the IJN DDs. I checked with a couple of photos off google images both historical and model and i am seeing that the kana are slightly more thicker.

Also : i have checked many historical photos and i seem to notice drop shadow being used on the IJN DDs, can you verify that?

PS: allow me to post your links to my thread that i have that seeks to compile historical recreations.

Thought: i think the katakana on the Hatsushimo is pretty narrow compared to the standard kana width used on most of the IJN DDs. I checked with a couple of photos off google images both historical and model and i am seeing that the kana are slightly more thicker.

Also : i have checked many historical photos and i seem to notice drop shadow being used on the IJN DDs, can you verify that?

PS: allow me to post your links to my thread that i have that seeks to compile historical recreations.

Drop shadow was used for the most part.

Hi ...
Really cool work.
One question I have for skin of Baltimore.

How did you do it with the color in the hull?
The hull has indeed 2 different colors.

What program do you use to create the skins?
Can you give as a small guide?

I also create own skins, but I have problems with the american ships with the hull.
To create the skins I use Photoshop itself.

Thanks in advance.

Millos77