You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Conundrum

You Asked, I listened

71 comments in this topic

Members
404 posts

So, we seem to have some people here who doubt the validity of claims being made about the "quality" of player currently inhabiting World of Warships.. In fact some were downright offended that I would describe these types of players as garbage...  Well, two randoms, two losses, two examples of matchmaking which should have been workable.   I will walk you through them now.  I've been asked for proof, and while I will not put up replays I did take one other forum member's advice and have been learning to use Paint to do some rudimentary editing to stay within the rules.

Exhibit A

1899088175_Example1.thumb.jpg.2128af735400c02222389ab1c25a28e5.jpg

Now sadly, I did not have any screens from in the battle... But as you can see there would not be a lot to show.  The Massachusetts, Farragut, and I were all on the same flank... Funny how we also were the top three scores for the match...  To the rest of the team comprising of lemmings. Well....... Theres not much to say.  Moving on.

Exhibit B

In this match, things started out reasonably well, our DD's pushed in to spot and cap on two flanks, on cruiser originally stuck with me at the center to provide cover to both groups, and then things went to pot..

1786207318_Example2.thumb.jpg.cf942f90617763f5aa68d29d1d266205.jpg

At this point in time I have a few long range hits..  German Dispersion being German Dispersion and suffering from RNG, I have 5 pens at this point. 3 of which for reasons the Lord only knows why registered as full pens but yielded no damage whatsoever, 2 that did, and the remainder being the summary overpens.. Kind of like how you can watch four impacts on a target from your shells and only register "2" hits... :Smile_sceptic:

As you can see here, our DD has been pushed out of C, our Cruiser at F9 did not support him because he was too busy hiding behind an island shaking... More on that soon, so pay close attention to the Cruiser who was with me and is now at D8.  Also pay Attention to the Cruisers out of position at A4, and the nice little cluster of Battleships at B6.

Exhibit C

561996069_Example3.thumb.jpg.bc70139148395453bddfece5168db8fc.jpg

Yes folks, you see that correctly on our tactical map, The cruisers at C left our DD out to die, and both the guy who was hiding and the cruiser who started with me and crossed the map to head for B10.... :Smile_facepalm:  More on the cruiser who started out with me to follow....

As you can also see, the battle group at B6 has broken up just like the Eagles and the Beatles.. Perhaps they had a falling out..  One guy retreated to B 7 instead of trying to help me cover B and A, and with B being a lost cause at this point thanks to the enemy Shimakaze I have moved to support the guys still trying to take A.  Why?  Because two of the battleships who were previously at B6 thought it was a good idea to take the long way around the island where they COULD NOT SHOOT AT A SINGLE ENEMY SHIP WHATSOEVER and thus removing them from the fight. But perhaps that is giving them too much credit on an assumption they were useful before that...  Anyway......  In the meantime I got farmed big time without any backup whatsoever, though to be fair the Battleship at B7 had started to turn to come help me, before changing his mind thanks to the enemy DD at B.

Exhibit D

1089539327_Example4.thumb.jpg.a8c09d942e17df9f4013eb225a1558a1.jpg

And here is where the plot all comes together...

The group which capped A apparently are not Native to America perhaps thinking it was time to stop for tea or some other non sanctioned break time, because lord knows you cant make it through a 20 minute battle without needing a nap for your ship.  After taking A, a few sat in the cap for a while before moving out at half speed while I had to make a forced withdrawl due to pressure from the enemy DD, and two of them have retreated further behind an Island at D2 where they will remain for the rest of the match.. Remember our friend the Cruiser who started off with me, crossed the entire C line heading to B10, then sailed Up the A line heading for A7?  YESSSSsssssss... Thats him, the Neptune with full health who was absolutely freaking WORTHLESS for the entire match....  :Smile_izmena:

I'm sure each of you can currently read the points balance, and the fact that we do outnumber them.  Yeah... More ships have died, thanks in part to a massive hit I put on the Enemy Alaska which dropped him to 313 health, and allowed the cruiser at B10 to secure the kill....  Oh yea, did I mention I completely evaded a full capacity torpedo spread from the Shimikaze just two minutes before this, dodging in between the wall of death??  

So here we have a Low Damage round, partly due to RNG, and partly due to a forced early withdrawl thanks to a team which did not try to cover each other..  And for what?  The enemy is ahead on points, everyone who wanted to sit in the back or play hidey, hidey, seeky boo behind the islands....  Congratulations, some of us wanted to work for a win while they were busy trying to guarantee a loss....  

These are the types of teams I am Constantly put on... The fact that over as many battles as I have, even though it is not yet as high as many others battle counts, but still has remained above 50% from the start.....  It's nothing short of amazing that it hasnt fallen into the 40% range..  This is the state of the base currently in Warships based on who I get paired to on a daily basis, the most worthless pack of morons, cowards, and ne'erdo wells who will get offended if you dare suggest they take their ship off the back line..  Now all I have to do is cover up that review with butter and sugar, then it can go to print...:Smile-angry:

There are a great many people on the forums who anytime someone wants to broach bad behavior or frankly just really bad gameplay, they get upset and will attack the poster for daring to criticize said behavior..  In most cases they attempt to shame and blame the OP for the loss.

Maybe it just makes them feel cheeky about it, maybe it makes them feel like they are witty and smart, but this is the general persona that they exhibit.

1462105321_BB.gif.ff1ec7cd36d9cc16fa88c55ffa024ba6.gif

But please do not mistake what I am saying or think that I am claiming that the rest of us are pure as the driven snow..  I am quite well aware of how we come across and are perceived by the pair above, something along the lines of this..

Sam.thumb.jpg.a466ff1bc704ca8753beea7f2a095cc7.jpg

And on that bombshell have a good weekend, may matchmaking be a friend that doesnt stab you in the back, and may all the torpedoes run out before they hit your hull...  07

Edited by Capt_Conundrum
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 15

[SYN]
Members
15,968 posts
12,803 battles

Just because the player names don't start and end with " : ", it doesn't mean they are not a bot.

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

Members
404 posts
1 minute ago, MrDeaf said:

Just because the player names don't start and end with " : ", it doesn't mean they are not a bot.

No, But there are other tip offs as well... Bots dont join clans.. :Smile_sceptic:

[REKTD]
Members
638 posts
11,254 battles

I often wonder if the frustration exhibited towards potato players (they are a fact of life, and a necessity for the game to grow) would be less if there were a better formula for matching them in games, or alternatives for people to “sink ships” and play ships of any tier without “winning” depending on whether you lucked out in the MM lotto.

• Thanks 1

[BEA5T]
Members
5,282 posts
23,920 battles

Maybe, a good reason not to play Randoms?  Why suffer through that and those kind of endless matches???? 

Members
404 posts
1 minute ago, Asym_KS said:

Maybe, a good reason not to play Randoms?  Why suffer through that and those kind of endless matches???? 

because at this point there is little else left...  Wargaming has seen to that...

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[REKTD]
Members
638 posts
11,254 battles
5 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Yes, I really do enjoy Co-op and Scenarios more these days. I have so many ships That are really fun, and would like to use them in more scenario type game play, or alternate game modes. Someone posted a “battle of the Atlantic” topic, and stuff like that I feel would be great for WG to explore since Randoms seem to always have the above issue.

• Cool 2

Members
404 posts
5 minutes ago, SuperComm4 said:

Yes, I really do enjoy Co-op and Scenarios more these days. I have so many ships That are really fun, and would like to use them in more scenario type game play, or alternate game modes. Someone posted a “battle of the Atlantic” topic, and stuff like that I feel would be great for WG to explore since Randoms seem to always have the above issue.

SuperComm4,

Many of us share those sentiments..  In fact, if you look up some of the recent threads on the state of Operation Narai, well....   Lets just say Wargaming has been doing Scenarios dirty for a long time..  The likelihood that they will do more in the reasonable future, nonexistent...  Why?  Falling numbers in Randoms and Clan battles..  They dont want anyplace for players to run to which is a sad statement in and of itself.

[REKTD]
Members
638 posts
11,254 battles
10 minutes ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

SuperComm4,

Many of us share those sentiments..  In fact, if you look up some of the recent threads on the state of Operation Narai, well....   Lets just say Wargaming has been doing Scenarios dirty for a long time..  The likelihood that they will do more in the reasonable future, nonexistent...  Why?  Falling numbers in Randoms and Clan battles..  They dont want anyplace for players to run to which is a sad statement in and of itself.

It really is. I guess in my perhaps limited thinking, I cannot understand what the obsession with forced random multiplayer battles is. They claim this is a “fps” genre game, but FPS games have more than just “random” matches or rinse and repeat co-op.

Members
404 posts
1 minute ago, SuperComm4 said:

It really is. I guess in my perhaps limited thinking, I cannot understand what the obsession with forced random multiplayer battles is. They claim this is a “fps” genre game, but FPS games have more than just “random” matches or rinse and repeat co-op.

Has to do with their numbers sheets and "Meta"..   In anycase, I'm having a chuckle right now at the "Reactions" to my comment..  Had a few people already learn that the Snarly "Meh" doesnt work against me.  Then again, it is hard to argue against photo evidence.

But yes, I am with you on that..  I'd love to see scenarios for tiers 5, 7(expanded), 8, and 9.  Maybe stop at 9 so you can throw in some tier 10 opponents just to up the difficulty, but you get it...  Thats not going to happen though, barring a christmas miracle. 

[BEA5T]
Members
5,282 posts
23,920 battles
45 minutes ago, SuperComm4 said:

I suggested that to @Hapa_Fodder the other day about a North Atlantic Convoy PVP mode.   Where you randomly get assigned as an attacker or a defender.  Attackers have subs (5 of them) and higher tier surface ships; and, the defenders get a Carrier and high tier DD's (5 of them) and lower tier (-2 to -4) surface combatants...  In real life, what ever ship they could scrounge out of maintenance was sent on those convoys....  Day and night engagements....  Good and bad weather matches.   Something fun.   And, it's axis and allies oriented.  Germany and the IJN against the allies.....   8x8 or10x10.

There would be a lot of convoy ships scattered in a big diamond shape zig-zagging en mase.... 

The more convoy ships that survive the defenders win.  Otherwise, oooops !

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,310 posts
13,743 battles
32 minutes ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

SuperComm4,

It is no secret WG has treated ops as a red-headed stepchild.

I don't have the stats to confirm if the number of PVP players is dropping or not. But If this is true, WG would put every available resource on reversing this trend. Which would prevent working on improving scenarios.

Also, WG has chosen to ad subs into the game. They are still working on CV's. Yes, the outlook for Ops at this time is very bleak.

[TDRB]
Members
5,310 posts
13,743 battles
4 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I suggested that to @Hapa_Fodder the other day about a North Atlantic Convoy PVP mode.   Where you randomly get assigned as an attacker or a defender.  Attackers have subs (5 of them) and higher tier surface ships; and, the defenders get a Carrier and high tier DD's (5 of them) and lower tier (-2 to -4) surface combatants...  In real life, what ever ship they could scrounge out of maintenance was sent on those convoys....  Day and night engagements....  Good and bad weather matches.   Something fun.   And, it's axis and allies oriented.  Germany and the IJN against the allies.....   8x8 or10x10.

There would be a lot of convoy ships scattered in a big diamond shape zig-zagging en mase.... 

The more convoy ships that survive the defenders win.  Otherwise, oooops !

I do not want to derail this thread into a argument over subs so I will comment "in general". As with CV's, the lines are too deep & wide for a reasonable debate on subs.

I am not a fan of adding subs to the present battle modes. But a PVP based scenarios, as you have suggested, may work.

Also a PVE sub op would be good.

• Cool 2

[XXX]
Members
663 posts
1,653 battles

Out of curiosity @Capt_Conundrum could you throw in a few recent replays (you can look up a guide to see how they're enabled).

I don't mean of just your losses, let's say your last, I don't know, 3 battles, win or lose so we can see if there is anything we need to help you improve with, ignore the whole team mate situation. I found getting my replays analyzed by certain people on the EU forums helped me massively (for example @El2aZeR analyzed one of my CV replays which was a loss and I got helpful pointers).

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,002 battles
3 hours ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

No, But there are other tip offs as well... Bots dont join clans.. :Smile_sceptic:

Yes they do. It is easy to find people who bot/afk simply by looking at the last few pages of PR rankings in WOWs stats and numbers. Almost all of them belong to clans.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,282 posts
23,920 battles
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

I do not want to derail this thread into a argument over subs so I will comment "in general". As with CV's, the lines are too deep & wide for a reasonable debate on subs.

I am not a fan of adding subs to the present battle modes. But a PVP based scenarios, as you have suggested, may work.

Also a PVE sub op would be good.

Yes, it would.........!  We talk about WW2 and have the ships.......the one thing we actually lack are ops based on the major themes of the war itself.....  AND, the North Atlantic was way up there in Naval operations....  So, why in the heck don't we  go there in a way that showed the desperation on both sides.  Historically, the Russian had very little naval activity but that doesn't mean we couldn't use the ships we have....  And, who says the subs have to spawn in one place....  Imagine if subs could span 1 minute into the mission or so far out they'd show up at the end.....  Variety is the key to fun !

It could really be a fun change.

Members
404 posts
3 hours ago, kgh52 said:

It is no secret WG has treated ops as a red-headed stepchild.

I don't have the stats to confirm if the number of PVP players is dropping or not. But If this is true, WG would put every available resource on reversing this trend. Which would prevent working on improving scenarios.

Also, WG has chosen to ad subs into the game. They are still working on CV's. Yes, the outlook for Ops at this time is very bleak.

Already been coverage of the Clan Battle drop off...  As to other factors, there are some things that can hide it.. For example, North American Server stats shielded by an increase coming from South American countries while American and Canadian players are leaving...

I could cover more issues on this with WarGaming's maleficence, but that should be saved for other threads..

Members
404 posts
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Yes they do. It is easy to find people who bot/afk simply by looking at the last few pages of PR rankings in WOWs stats and numbers. Almost all of them belong to clans.

The key there is you are admitting there is a person behind it...   But that is also going out on a branch a long way without proof... 

If you do have proof of people setting up bots to run their ship for them, then those accounts need to be reported to Wargaming and permanently removed from the game..  If the person wants to rejoin, new account, no return of what they had, and they have to work up their ships themselves... 2 strikes and you are out for good.  If wargaming allows such an action to continue, then quite frankly they need to start offering refunds to everyone who wasted money on a premium membership only to be conned out of the benefits by their refusal to put in safeguards against their own fair play policy... Again, this is all provided there is proof that this is what is going on.

Members
404 posts
3 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

I love when subpar players complain about other subpar players like their stuff don't stink. :Smile_trollface:

Meme Maker - priceless

A man of experience I see.  Hence the section on you in the OP...

• Boring 1

Members
404 posts
3 hours ago, Yandere_Roon said:

Out of curiosity @Capt_Conundrum could you throw in a few recent replays (you can look up a guide to see how they're enabled).

I don't mean of just your losses, let's say your last, I don't know, 3 battles, win or lose so we can see if there is anything we need to help you improve with, ignore the whole team mate situation. I found getting my replays analyzed by certain people on the EU forums helped me massively (for example @El2aZeR analyzed one of my CV replays which was a loss and I got helpful pointers).

Yandere,  Already told you in the OP, and several others..  I am not going to be posting replays here because I have neither the time nor patience to learn how to edit them to prevent a "Naming and Shaming" violation against the players I am in with. 

5 hours ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

I've been asked for proof, and while I will not put up replays I did take one other forum member's advice and have been learning to use Paint to do some rudimentary editing to stay within the rules.

I am trying to stay within the rules here...  I am trying to provide proof about the things that I say with what I write which can be fairly biting at times I admit... Please do not ask for me to do something that when combined with my writing will create a rules and EULA violation...  

I have tried to explain this previously, and I understand there is a subset of people on this forum who HATE criticism leveled at the game...  When someone is willing to speak about, they jump that person and do everything they can to blame them or pick a fight so that a thread will get pulled down..  So mark this as the day, August 1st 2020 I am putting it in my profile under the "About Me" section... DO NOT ASK ME TO PROVIDE REPLAYS ON THE  WORLD OF WARSHIPS FORUM, its never going to happen...  This is effective immediately  as of 9:53PM Eastern standard time (-5 GMT).

• Boring 1

[XXX]
Members
663 posts
1,653 battles
3 minutes ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

Yandere,  Already told you in the OP, and several others..  I am not going to be posting replays here because I have neither the time nor patience to learn how to edit them to prevent a "Naming and Shaming" violation against the players I am in with. 

I am trying to stay within the rules here...  I am trying to provide proof about the things that I say with what I write which can be fairly biting at times I admit... Please do not ask for me to do something that when combined with my writing will create a rules and EULA violation...  

I have tried to explain this previously, and I understand there is a subset of people on this forum who HATE criticism leveled at the game...  When someone is willing to speak about, they jump that person and do everything they can to blame them or pick a fight so that a thread will get pulled down..  So mark this as the day, August 1st 2020 I am putting it in my profile under the "About Me" section... DO NOT ASK ME TO PROVIDE REPLAYS ON THE  WORLD OF WARSHIPS FORUM, its never going to happen...  This is effective immediately  as of 9:53PM Eastern standard time (-5 GMT).

You know posting replays isn't considered naming and shaming as your just posting the raw footage essentially, I've posted replays before and not been hit for naming and shaming. You're literally posting the replay for 'can you guys help me improve my gameplay' which isn't naming and shaming anyone, it's asking for advice.

Edited by Yandere_Roon

Alpha Tester
6,679 posts
3,338 battles
5 hours ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

So, we seem to have some people here who doubt the validity of claims being made about the "quality" of player currently inhabiting World of Warships.. In fact some were downright offended that I would describe these types of players as garbage...  Well, two randoms, two losses, two examples of matchmaking which should have been workable.   I will walk you through them now.  I've been asked for proof, and while I will not put up replays I did take one other forum member's advice and have been learning to use Paint to do some rudimentary editing to stay within the rules.

Exhibit A

1899088175_Example1.thumb.jpg.2128af735400c02222389ab1c25a28e5.jpg

Now sadly, I did not have any screens from in the battle... But as you can see there would not be a lot to show.  The Massachusetts, Farragut, and I were all on the same flank... Funny how we also were the top three scores for the match...  To the rest of the team comprising of lemmings. Well....... Theres not much to say.  Moving on.

Exhibit B

In this match, things started out reasonably well, our DD's pushed in to spot and cap on two flanks, on cruiser originally stuck with me at the center to provide cover to both groups, and then things went to pot..

1786207318_Example2.thumb.jpg.cf942f90617763f5aa68d29d1d266205.jpg

At this point in time I have a few long range hits..  German Dispersion being German Dispersion and suffering from RNG, I have 5 pens at this point. 3 of which for reasons the Lord only knows why registered as full pens but yielded no damage whatsoever, 2 that did, and the remainder being the summary overpens.. Kind of like how you can watch four impacts on a target from your shells and only register "2" hits... :Smile_sceptic:

As you can see here, our DD has been pushed out of C, our Cruiser at F9 did not support him because he was too busy hiding behind an island shaking... More on that soon, so pay close attention to the Cruiser who was with me and is now at D8.  Also pay Attention to the Cruisers out of position at A4, and the nice little cluster of Battleships at B6.

Exhibit C

561996069_Example3.thumb.jpg.bc70139148395453bddfece5168db8fc.jpg

Yes folks, you see that correctly on our tactical map, The cruisers at C left our DD out to die, and both the guy who was hiding and the cruiser who started with me and crossed the map to head for B10.... :Smile_facepalm:  More on the cruiser who started out with me to follow....

As you can also see, the battle group at B6 has broken up just like the Eagles and the Beatles.. Perhaps they had a falling out..  One guy retreated to B 7 instead of trying to help me cover B and A, and with B being a lost cause at this point thanks to the enemy Shimakaze I have moved to support the guys still trying to take A.  Why?  Because two of the battleships who were previously at B6 thought it was a good idea to take the long way around the island where they COULD NOT SHOOT AT A SINGLE ENEMY SHIP WHATSOEVER and thus removing them from the fight. But perhaps that is giving them too much credit on an assumption they were useful before that...  Anyway......  In the meantime I got farmed big time without any backup whatsoever, though to be fair the Battleship at B7 had started to turn to come help me, before changing his mind thanks to the enemy DD at B.

Exhibit D

1089539327_Example4.thumb.jpg.a8c09d942e17df9f4013eb225a1558a1.jpg

And here is where the plot all comes together...

The group which capped A apparently are not Native to America perhaps thinking it was time to stop for tea or some other non sanctioned break time, because lord knows you cant make it through a 20 minute battle without needing a nap for your ship.  After taking A, a few sat in the cap for a while before moving out at half speed while I had to make a forced withdrawl due to pressure from the enemy DD, and two of them have retreated further behind an Island at D2 where they will remain for the rest of the match.. Remember our friend the Cruiser who started off with me, crossed the entire C line heading to B10, then sailed Up the A line heading for A7?  YESSSSsssssss... Thats him, the Neptune with full health who was absolutely freaking WORTHLESS for the entire match....  :Smile_izmena:

I'm sure each of you can currently read the points balance, and the fact that we do outnumber them.  Yeah... More ships have died, thanks in part to a massive hit I put on the Enemy Alaska which dropped him to 313 health, and allowed the cruiser at B10 to secure the kill....  Oh yea, did I mention I completely evaded a full capacity torpedo spread from the Shimikaze just two minutes before this, dodging in between the wall of death??  

So here we have a Low Damage round, partly due to RNG, and partly due to a forced early withdrawl thanks to a team which did not try to cover each other..  And for what?  The enemy is ahead on points, everyone who wanted to sit in the back or play hidey, hidey, seeky boo behind the islands....  Congratulations, some of us wanted to work for a win while they were busy trying to guarantee a loss....  

These are the types of teams I am Constantly put on... The fact that over as many battles as I have, even though it is not yet as high as many others battle counts, but still has remained above 50% from the start.....  It's nothing short of amazing that it hasnt fallen into the 40% range..  This is the state of the base currently in Warships based on who I get paired to on a daily basis, the most worthless pack of morons, cowards, and ne'erdo wells who will get offended if you dare suggest they take their ship off the back line..  Now all I have to do is cover up that review with butter and sugar, then it can go to print...:Smile-angry:

There are a great many people on the forums who anytime someone wants to broach bad behavior or frankly just really bad gameplay, they get upset and will attack the poster for daring to criticize said behavior..  In most cases they attempt to shame and blame the OP for the loss.

Maybe it just makes them feel cheeky about it, maybe it makes them feel like they are witty and smart, but this is the general persona that they exhibit.

1462105321_BB.gif.ff1ec7cd36d9cc16fa88c55ffa024ba6.gif

But please do not mistake what I am saying or think that I am claiming that the rest of us are pure as the driven snow..  I am quite well aware of how we come across and are perceived by the pair above, something along the lines of this..

Sam.thumb.jpg.a466ff1bc704ca8753beea7f2a095cc7.jpg

And on that bombshell have a good weekend, may matchmaking be a friend that doesnt stab you in the back, and may all the torpedoes run out before they hit your hull...  07

In other words, this game is populated by idiots.

In other news, scientific studies have confirmed that water is, in fact, wet.

Members
404 posts
1 minute ago, Yandere_Roon said:

You know posting replays isn't considered naming and shaming as your just posting the raw footage essentially, I've posted replays before and not been hit for naming and shaming. You're literally posting the replay for 'can you guys help me improve my gameplay' which isn't naming and shaming anyone, it's asking for advice.

It is when combined with what I write..  I'm not trying to give the moderators any grief or problems here if I can help it..

Now Explain how my gaining advice helps get the idiot Neptune captain to remove his head from the southern port hole....  It doesnt...  

I'm giving you this map... How would a Replay help me be better on this map, If I'm the ship that actually knows what it is doing?

map_2c459dfaa668e08086686ae8015cd783fd4c2819.thumb.jpg.4c0768afcce92705deef1229476812bf.jpg

Yeah, this is the one I got earlier tonight as the frozen version. Tier 8 Baltimore in a tier 10 match... Spawned in at B8... I move to position behind and slightly west of the island at the top of D8.  The DD with me charges down to the intersection of F7/E8 and promply gets killed..  The Two battleships with me one of which is a Georgia.....  They both think its a great idea to loop down around the islands to the outside through D9 and E10..  This removes them completely from the battle..  Meanwhile two battleships come charging right up through the cap toward me with a cruiser backing them up.  The ships were a North Carolina, a Rossiya, and an Atago..  I had no choice, I had to bug out..  Positioning wasted... Both Battleships got caught and surrounded at the back of the islands and died..  I looped up through the top of B7 and down to the Center Cap.  On my way there, I watched a 85% health Kurfurst Sail right along the edge of it, Enemy held, but completely empty, with all the enemies on the east side of the map...  RIGHT PAST A FREEE CAP.......  He sailed right down along the island at E7, was farmed and killed inside of two minutes....

I sail in and cap the center point, having had two more Battleships Follow me in only to turn behind the big island at the last second because I spotted a single Russian Battleship, sitting perfectly broadside and coming to a stop with engines off..  One of my "Friendly Battleships was a Still green health Thunderer..  Now you tell me... An enemy ship is lit up by a high stealth cruiser.....  It is sitting broadside and going almost 0 knots... Your first thought as a thunderer is "Quick hide behind the big island!"?????  Because that is what he did with an Amagi backing him up.......  Yes, this just happened tonight.....

Please explain to me how critiquing my actions helps any of these players for their mistakes?  I can do everything by the book, I pay attention to the map, and I adjust based on changing conditions. Explain why you think that the one person doing exactly what they are supposed to do is the one you want to analyze to find fault with.........  

Members
404 posts
15 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

In other words, this game is populated by idiots.

In other news, scientific studies have confirmed that water is, in fact, wet.

Sometimes its hard too, and other times its invisible and we breath it in......  :Smile_ohmy: