Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

California - Surf's up! - 198k Dam, 2.8k BXP

4 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,840 posts
21,584 battles

I first wrote about the California here on how the ship surprised me. I have been playing the ship regularly and so far I am at 50% WR after 24 battles. Granted when you are facing tier 9 ships its no fun, however when you are top tier the results are something else. The video below is a random battle in playing the tier 7 premium California battleship on the Neighbors map. I got to say this ship is a challenge to play, however as you skill out the commander, the ship does not seem bad.

Calirfornia stats.jpg

[WPORT]
Members
9,986 posts
14,444 battles

Congratulations.  Glad you had a good game.  :-)

[GC]
Alpha Tester
945 posts
4,369 battles

Good game, but it's still a dog of a ship at tier 7 and needs considerable buffs. Shame on WG for releasing it in such a sorry state.

--Helms

[CAAT]
Members
1,733 posts
5,000 battles
On 8/1/2020 at 5:35 PM, thehelmsman said:

Good game, but it's still a dog of a ship at tier 7 and needs considerable buffs. Shame on WG for releasing it in such a sorry state.

--Helms

Quoted for truth right here. Honestly, I love the California to death (AESTHETICALLY) but performance-wise right now, she's in DIRE need of buffs! At least drop main battery reload to 30s (Tier 7 British BB KGV with 10 14in guns is at like 25s reload times...), and/or up the armor to 32mm to differentiate itself from other BBs at same tier. And for goodness sake, FIX HER TORPEDO PROTECTION STATS! Even Colorado has higher TP at 37%!!!! California has 35% despite having literally thicc anti-torpedo bulges....

I mean, I'd ask and LOVE for California to get Massachusetts-style secondaries or EVEN just a secondary range increase, but if they fix the main battery reload times, it'll suffice.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this