Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
cmjohnson207

Greek Cruiser Georgios Averof?

4 comments in this topic

Members
37 posts
3,953 battles

well, i guess I am guessing that a bunch of you would want the Georgios Averof right?

I am kind of guessing tier VI due to a number of reasons that you may guess, so i wont torture you with anything but, 

the real question that I am suspecting you will answer

Do you want to have this ship in WoWs?

also what kind of specs should she be if she is coming? would like to know

thks ;)

450px-Averof_Today2.jpg

Greek_warship_Georgios_Averof_in_2013.jpg

[AXANR]
Members
3,597 posts
21,664 battles
19 hours ago, cmjohnson207 said:

well, i guess I am guessing that a bunch of you would want the Georgios Averof right?

I am kind of guessing tier VI due to a number of reasons that you may guess, so i wont torture you with anything but, 

the real question that I am suspecting you will answer

Do you want to have this ship in WoWs?

also what kind of specs should she be if she is coming? would like to know

thks ;)

Read a bit about her just now and tier 6 is NOT going to happen.  Even five minutes of cursory research shows she's a pre-WWI armored cruiser. Those tend to get slotted in at tiers 2 and 3. 

She makes 23 knots. After her final refit, she had an armament of 2x2 234mm guns firing 3-4 rounds per minute (while the 234mm guns on the Georgios Averof were slightly different  than the mark 10 in the link, sources state they were similar in performance to the mk 10.) She also had a heavy secondary battery of 4x2 190mm and 8x1 76mm guns, and her three torpedo tubes were removed by that refit. She basically reminds me of a cruiser version of the Mikasa. I don't need to dig any further to know she's a tier 3 at most, maybe tier 2. Totally support her being included in the game as a tier 2/3 premium, but let's be realistic about her tier placement. 

Edited by poeticmotion

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
668 posts
8,550 battles

Well if there is one thing we know, historical ships stats don’t translate to in game because well, balans. That being said, I would be surprised if she wasn’t placed at least at tier V. With the amount of resources put into the video and history placing her below that where she is largely irrelevant to 99% of any missions or achievements for a ship most outside of the Mediterranean have prolly never heard of doesn’t seem to make sense.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,524 posts
14,273 battles

There are easier ships to implement which have had naval legends videos, but which remain absent from the game. I wouldn't infer too much from the video.

As others have said, despite the significant history, Averof is unlikely to be an addition. She is slow, lacks AA and has a 4-gun main battery which is inadequate. She could come in as a low tier but WG haven't really released low tier premiums in some time. I suspect they're just less profitable. 

On the grounds that I wouldn't play her much even if she were added, I can't say I'm enthusiastic. 

Sign in to follow this