Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FrancisVonBismarck

How does the Rental ships + discount works?

4 comments in this topic

[E-REB]
Members
13 posts
1,837 battles

I've had times where I'd do really good with a certain ship time on Randoms and after returning to my dock I'd get a message like "We see you like X type of ship, so take this X ship for 3 days + a discount coupon for 3 days" (Not exact phrasing) 

I've got my hands on: Graf Spee, Scharnhorst, Tirpitz, Kii, Dunkerque, Nelson and Arizona. I never used the coupon mostly because I was in a lower tier, and didn't know how to actually use the discount. But now I regret not buying the Scharnhorst, since it was really fun.

Haven't got this kind of rentals in a while, so do any of you guys knows how this works?

Is it only when you do good in Randoms, or Coops and Ranked are counted too?

And have you guys ever purchased a ship this way? 

[DDMAF]
Members
2,864 posts
16,173 battles

I think it's a marketing tool aimed at less experienced players. You may have played your way out of a coupon.

Ever get into a contract with a phone company, and they send out a flyer to attract new customers with a deal that's less than you're paying, despite you having been a customer for years? Same thing.

Members
4,080 posts
10,123 battles

It’s a marketing tool directed at players that haven’t spent any money (or those that haven’t spent in a long time) to try and get them to spend. It’s random, but they seem to go through phases where you get more and then you get fewer. Randoms and co-op definitely count, and ranked should as well. Ops either don’t count or I’ve just never gotten lucky to get a rental from it.

As to how you use them, you need to do it through the online premium shop and it will come up as an available coupon either on the listing or during checkout.

[E-REB]
Members
13 posts
1,837 battles

Huh that might explain it, since I did my first purchase a month ago, and since then the rentals have been decreasing, so makes sense that it's just a marketing tool.

Sign in to follow this