You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Barabbi

(Clan) Naval Battle (XP Bar) Change?

5 comments in this topic

[THEM]
Members
10 posts
2,092 battles

As we all know, clan Naval Battles has three different "types" of bars to reach (depending on the week) in order to receive a star for your clan.

Base XP; Damage; & Ribbon Count

For the past several weeks, we have been having "Damage" and "Ribbon Count" Naval Battles. 

The last "Base XP" week was from June 8th -> June 15th.  During that week, the Base XP bars were:

300, 750, 900, ...

This week, the "Base XP bars are:

300; 1,000; 1,020; 1,040; ...

Was this a change, based upon 0.9.7 changes to allow clans to do different things with their oil, per: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/bulletin-097/

Has anyone else noticed this in their clans?

If this is an across-the-board change, you (Wargaming) have effectively made Random Battles required for clan naval battle success.  (Ruining any chance of a Coop based clan, when matched against a PVP based clan [Random Battles], from winning.)

Preemptive thank you for replies / information.

[-KAK-]
Members
563 posts
10,183 battles

Interesting change. Not overly fond of it myself (And I'm a randoms player here)

That said, unfortunately I don't really think that WG cares. It's been pointed out a few times that most matchups involving smaller clans are unfair, as a three person clan can easily get more points than a two person clan. The response (from WG & other people on this forum) is more or less "get over it"

[SOFOP]
Members
2,343 posts
13,746 battles

Coop has never really been a viable option when base xp is up in naval battles.  Sure you might get the first 300, but pretty much anything beyond that was randoms only.  Max coop xp I think I have ever seen is like 800 and that was a monster game with 6 or 7 kills and a ton of damage.

On the other hand....ribbons and damage are easy in coop so it works out.

[THEM]
Members
10 posts
2,092 battles

Yes, but 300 and 750 were possible for people that primarily play coop.  1k isn't.  This means that, if this change is game-wide, clans built for the PVE game can only, ever, complete the 300 point bases.  (Unless selected players of those clans play the PVP mode.)

The issue is that this change wasn't announced anywhere, in stream, dev blogs, or game news (that I can find).

[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
25 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Coop has never really been a viable option when base xp is up in naval battles.  Sure you might get the first 300, but pretty much anything beyond that was randoms only.  Max coop xp I think I have ever seen is like 800 and that was a monster game with 6 or 7 kills and a ton of damage.

On the other hand....ribbons and damage are easy in coop so it works out.

I had a 1,407 BXP Co-op in my Atlanta...way back (years...when teams were still only 8/team).

Don't remember details but can only imagine it must have been 7 T9 DDs & an Atlanta to score that high. My highest kill count in co-op is 7 so guessing I missed 1 of them & still managed to get that high...but it was definitely a fluke & in no way is my average...just a 1 off really bad day for the bots.

Assuming (or at least hoping) there was no humans on my team...or they probably didn't have much fun that battle either as I apparently didn't leave them much.

22 minutes ago, Barabbi said:

Yes, but 300 and 750 were possible for people that primarily play coop.  1k isn't.  This means that, if this change is game-wide, clans built for the PVE game can only, ever, complete the 300 point bases.  (Unless selected players of those clans play the PVP mode.)

The issue is that this change wasn't announced anywhere, in stream, dev blogs, or game news (that I can find).

I haven't been able to play in about 6 months & the 2nd level of BXP when I was playing was standardly 900 (the very 1st few weeks way back in the day were for sure)...but occasionally it varied to 1k & I think 700 once so it's not "set in stone" standard 900 but most of the time was...but the logic or reasoning behind who/what/where/when/& (most importantly) why it changes is perplexing to say the least.