You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shrayes_Bhagavatula

Nicholas: Memes and Misplays

15 comments in this topic

Members
795 posts
3,911 battles

Hello everyone!

If you thought the Kleber game that I shared two days ago was pretty awesome, then strap in, because this battle turns things up to the next level.

Okay, so it's a Tier V battle on the Fault Line map, in a Nicholas, without camouflage equipped, and I drove into two cruisers and two destroyers, so it couldn't have ended well. Right?

Yeah, it didn't end well for the enemy team, as I proceeded to quite literally kill half of them, along with a very unfortunate Langley who lost 15 of his planes to the May-may-ed up Defensive AA Fire Consumable ( and they say Tier V AA is useless. Okay, so I turkey shot 6 of them with a flak burst, but who cares? )

584709006_Screenshot(31).thumb.png.8bab0f731aa158cddfd414df7eee9937.png

Memeing all over the enemy team. I actually felt kinda bad. On the other hand, however, I got a QWACKEN!!! ( Also, the double strike moment is pretty hilarious. I'll let you guys watch and see it for yourself )

2003621586_Screenshot(32)_LI.thumb.jpg.a76bbef2b618e434fefbce23308ab8bf.jpg

Hard carry at Tier V. Nice meme

73466949_Screenshot(33)_LI.thumb.jpg.54dfac46181cbf3cc7938eafd178bbd3.jpg

See that Kamikaze? He got torpedoed out of his smoke. By a Nicholas. Oh, the delicious irony! ( No, this is not naming and shaming. This is just making fun of people who forget that smoke is a torpedo magnet )

1167234716_Screenshot(34).thumb.png.ee67c6408e61d6f415f524446abc854f.png

380K credit game at Tier V. Top Kek.

20200731_144852_PASD014-Leader-1919_17_NA_fault_line.wowsreplay

Here's the replay file. It's a bit laggy at times, and there are some weird audio glitches as well. Might have something to do with my computer. 

Hope you enjoy!

-Shrayes

edit: @dEsTurbed1 , here's your conclusive evidence that I can take on a Kamikaze ( well, more than a Kamikaze ), and come out on top. 

Edited by Shrayes_Bhagavatula
Forgot someone, didn't I? ))))

Members
795 posts
3,911 battles
14 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Torturing a Wyoming like that is illegal in 27 states.

Hey, if you're a Tier IV Battleship, you get, what, 19mm of plating? Nicholas' 127mm/38 Mk 21 guns get 21mm of penetration on the HE shells. 

Of course I'm gonna torture him. For all the times non-British Battleships derp around with HE in the barrels, those big, dumb, slow, daft things deserve it.

-Shrayes

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,726 posts
19,709 battles
15 hours ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Hello everyone!

If you thought the Kleber game that I shared two days ago was pretty awesome, then strap in, because this battle turns things up to the next level.

Okay, so it's a Tier V battle on the Fault Line map, in a Nicholas, without camouflage equipped, and I drove into two cruisers and two destroyers, so it couldn't have ended well. Right?

Yeah, it didn't end well for the enemy team, as I proceeded to quite literally kill half of them, along with a very unfortunate Langley who lost 15 of his planes to the May-may-ed up Defensive AA Fire Consumable ( and they say Tier V AA is useless. Okay, so I turkey shot 6 of them with a flak burst, but who cares? )

Memeing all over the enemy team. I actually felt kinda bad. On the other hand, however, I got a QWACKEN!!! ( Also, the double strike moment is pretty hilarious. I'll let you guys watch and see it for yourself )

See that Kamikaze? He got torpedoed out of his smoke. By a Nicholas. Oh, the delicious irony! ( No, this is not naming and shaming. This is just making fun of people who forget that smoke is a torpedo magnet )

Here's the replay file. It's a bit laggy at times, and there are some weird audio glitches as well. Might have something to do with my computer. 

Hope you enjoy!

-Shrayes

edit: @dEsTurbed1 , here's your conclusive evidence that I can take on a Kamikaze ( well, more than a Kamikaze ), and come out on top. 

First of all, who in their right mind tries to have a torpedo fight with a Kamikaze?

Second, you got me just at the wrong moment.  I was just exiting reverse mode, turning to bow in. I had just hit half speed fwd and you caught the tail end of my dd when it was torpedo warning.  If I hadn't hit reverse again....

Then realized I was going to eat them, popped speed boost and full fwd....

I tried to dodge harder but i believe i ate 1, maybe 2.

BTW nice torpedo beats....

[WOLFG]
Members
27,425 posts
7,385 battles
1 hour ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

First of all, who in their right mind tries to have a torpedo fight with a Kamikaze?

If you think about it, with a quick flick of the tail, Little Nicky effectively has baked-in TRB, and at the range it gets detected by Kami, can outgun it.

I never try to specifically have a torpedo fight with one, but that's usually how it ends up.

Members
795 posts
3,911 battles
1 hour ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Second, you got me just at the wrong moment.  I was just exiting reverse mode, turning to bow in. I had just hit half speed fwd and you caught the tail end of my dd when it was torpedo warning.  If I hadn't hit reverse again....

Then realized I was going to eat them, popped speed boost and full fwd....

I tried to dodge harder but i believe i ate 1, maybe 2.

BTW nice torpedo beats....

Oh, so it was you in the Kamikaze...

(I might have to go and check the screenshots again, just to be sure)

Also, I chose to pick a torpedo fight because of a couple of reasons. One, you got spotted by the Izyaslav before you entered my detection radius, which meant that you were unaware of my position until I got spotted by the Clemson and the Omaha. Second, you were kind of stationary within the smokescreen, and you had only dropped two or three puffs, which meant that I could launch a wide spread with a reasonable chance of nailing you, because otherwise you would have sailed into the Kirov's line of sight, had you left the smokescreen. And yes, you did eat the only torps that I managed to land in that whole game.

So there

-Shrayes

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,726 posts
19,709 battles
1 hour ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Oh, so it was you in the Kamikaze...

(I might have to go and check the screenshots again, just to be sure)

Also, I chose to pick a torpedo fight because of a couple of reasons. One, you got spotted by the Izyaslav before you entered my detection radius, which meant that you were unaware of my position until I got spotted by the Clemson and the Omaha. Second, you were kind of stationary within the smokescreen, and you had only dropped two or three puffs, which meant that I could launch a wide spread with a reasonable chance of nailing you, because otherwise you would have sailed into the Kirov's line of sight, had you left the smokescreen. And yes, you did eat the only torps that I managed to land in that whole game.

So there

-Shrayes

I went from ambushing a couple of ships into deep doodoo.... with sudden clemson popping up and a couple other ships entering the fray...

Members
795 posts
3,911 battles
7 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I went from ambushing a couple of ships into deep doodoo.... with sudden clemson popping up and a couple other ships entering the fray...

Eh, happens

Also, you weren't the Kamikaze player. I just checked. 

( I'm not going to name the poor soul because that's against forum policy, and I don't want the Turtle Master to give me a kicking again )

-Shrayes

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,726 posts
19,709 battles
1 hour ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Eh, happens

Also, you weren't the Kamikaze player. I just checked. 

( I'm not going to name the poor soul because that's against forum policy, and I don't want the Turtle Master to give me a kicking again )

-Shrayes

Ok, what ship was I in???

Clemson or Langley?

Members
795 posts
3,911 battles
1 minute ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Clemson or Langley?

I don't even think you were in this battle...

-Shrayes

[SALVO]
Members
3,439 posts
3,305 battles
18 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Clemson or Langley?

SEALCLUBBER DETECTED

ALERT ALERT ALERT!

Release the Nicholas!

Btw, well played kiddo. It is refreshing to see new DD guys braving the CV storms.

Members
795 posts
3,911 battles
27 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

SEALCLUBBER DETECTED

ALERT ALERT ALERT!

Release the Nicholas!

Btw, well played kiddo. It is refreshing to see new DD guys braving the CV storms.

I actually play DDs a LOT more than you might expect. I basically gave up on battleships because as you know what they say, if ya can't beat the HE spammers, join the HE spammers

-Shrayes

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,726 posts
19,709 battles
8 hours ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

I don't even think you were in this battle...

-Shrayes

You want to now some irony here....

Wed, one of may days off, I was grinding 2 things....

Weser permanent cammo. And steel for Odin..

After I got both completed, I needed to shake some things up.

I played 4 t10 matches and then a Kamikaze match...

Guess what happened to me in that match....

I torped a cl followed by a french dd....

Around an island 2 cruiser come at me... I smoke up to wait out torpedoe reload.

When my torps came up, I hit speed  boost and charged out of my smoke.....

RIGHT INTO A CLEMSON 1 KM FROM ME CHARGING MY SMOKE.

I stumble. Can't think fast enough. Do I brake? Turn or use guns.....

I initially stop, turning to get torps into his path. I see his torps launch. Gun it and switch to guns...

I ate a torp or 2 and died. Clemson does a fantastic torp beat and i miss him...

The original challenge was my Kamikaze vs your premium us dd....

Kamikaze vs Clemson comes down player skill...

Clemson has the advantage in speed, gun power and under 5 km, torp power.

Members
795 posts
3,911 battles
Just now, dEsTurbed1 said:

You want to now some irony here....

Wed, one of may days off, I was grinding 2 things....

Weser permanent cammo. And steel for Odin..

After I got both completed, I needed to shake some things up.

I played 4 t10 matches and then a Kamikaze match...

Guess what happened to me in that match....

I torped a cl followed by a french dd....

Around an island 2 cruiser come at me... I smoke up to wait out torpedoe reload.

When my torps came up, I hit speed  boost and charged out of my smoke.....

RIGHT INTO A CLEMSON 1 KM FROM ME CHARGING MY SMOKE.

I stumble. Can't think fast enough. Do I brake? Turn or use guns.....

I initially stop, turning to get torps into his path. I see his torps launch. Gun it and switch to guns...

I ate a torp or 2 and died. Clemson does a fantastic torp beat and i miss him...

The original challenge was my Kamikaze vs your premium us dd....

Kamikaze vs Clemson comes down player skill...

Clemson has the advantage in speed, gun power and under 5 km, torp power.

I meant that I would use the Nicholas. I'm tempted not to use the Monaghan because of the 6.3km Detection Radius, whereas Nicholas has a 5.8km detection radius and effectively the same artillery firepower a whole Tier lower.

-Shrayes

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,726 posts
19,709 battles
On 7/31/2020 at 8:08 PM, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Hello everyone!

Hope you enjoy!

-Shrayes

Going to have to try Nicholas out again. I love swatting planes ...