You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Conundrum

Teamwork... The missing ingredient.

28 comments in this topic

[BABS]
Members
238 posts

So I just got out of a battle, and wanted to put this up right away.

I just had an encounter with an incredibly rare type of player, who deserves recognition for his actions.  

It was a tier 10 battle, and I had taken in my T8 Bismarck..  Now I just got the Bismarck last week, and it was in no way fully kitted out yet..  I just bought the final upgrades on her after the battle.  She has 10 points on her captain, and I put a few flags on her for good measure.  We get in, and its a map with an inbound cyclone.  Myself, a Kitikaze, an Amagi, and a Kremlin headed for the capture point on the far right side of the map.   The kitikaze caps early, and makes a run for point B.   The three BB's hold our ground against two trying to push in..  Up shows an enemy Yugumo.  While positioning in the islands to keep him from torping us, the amagi comes under heavy fire..  The Kremlin turns and runs, abandoning both of us to die instead of working as a group.  In spite of repeated attempts to call him back for support, the Kremlin ignores it.

It is now that the Kitikaze sees what is happening.  I have now taken two torpedoes for half my health, the Amagi is dead because our Full health Kremlin didnt want to support, and I am moving away from the islands to force the Yugumo to come out..  As soon as the Kitikaze Shows up and says "Im here to help" I turn bow in and go horizontal to where the enemy DD last was, and I fire up my hydro.   Kitikaze charges in, and the Yugumo is spotted. I manually target him, starting my secondaries as I open up on him with a broadside of HE..  It is the Kit's second kill of the match..

The cyclone is now in full effect, so we both angle in to where we last saw the two tier 8 battleships last heading.  Closing in, I put my spotting plane up just in case it will help and we spot the enemy North Carolina, sailing broadside at full speed.  A full salvo of AP grants me a citadel and three penetrations for a massive chunk of damage. I get one more salvo off as he is turning trying to get away from my Secondary guns as the Kitikaze finishes him off.

The match ends, and Mr Kitikaze has taken 1st place on the team with 2000 Base XP..  But the most important thing is that his willingness to help out his team mates got him two more kills, kept at least one team member alive to back him up, and got him a positive compliment sent to him... He earned every bit of it.  Teamwork can make all the difference in an outcome, and it can turn the fortune of a battle.  If more players would learn this the game would be a lot better off.

So here is to Mr Kitikaze

chuck_norris_salute.gif.8be2ee0529e23f7ebcfa26ea321cd855.gif

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[BABS]
Members
238 posts
3 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

what is the TLDR version?

It's called dont bother commenting if you are too lazy to read instead of trying to pick a fight with the OP.

I felt the other player deserves some recognition..  If I knew it would not be a violation, I'd give his name because he truly does deserve it..  

• Meh 1

[BABS]
Members
238 posts

I'm going to jump out in front of this...  If you want to read the post, please do so..

If you feel it is too long to bother, please move on elsewhere.  Dont try to start fights and turn this into something it isnt meant to be.

If you feel Warships needs more players like that Kitikaze Captain, give it a thumbs up.  

That is all.... 07

• Cool 4

[BABS]
Members
238 posts

Wow.. Well we at least know there is one person out there lacking in maturity. lol  

Thanks for the downvote dude... Hope you feel better about yourself now.:Smile_popcorn:

• Boring 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,656 posts
13,997 battles
1 hour ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

what is the TLDR version?

Teamwork is over powered.

[WOLFG]
Members
27,383 posts
7,350 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

If I knew it would not be a violation, I'd give his name because he truly does deserve it..  

No worries, it's only a violation if you "name and shame".

You're certainly allowed to post a player's name for positive reasons.

[BABS]
Members
238 posts
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

No worries, it's only a violation if you "name and shame".

You're certainly allowed to post a player's name for positive reasons.

If that is the case, the guys name was Kyace.

[BABS]
Members
238 posts
2 hours ago, Final8ty said:

@Capt_Conundrum its rare that DDs appreciated for more than just spotting. 

I give credit where it is due...  I dont mind not having kills at the end of the match and letting others take the glory.. I've said before and meant it everytime, a win means more than individual glory because individual stats mean nothing in a team oriented game..

I just got out of four losses in a row because of people who refused to move up and support..  They thought that because they had a battleship, that meant they should just sit in the back..  It cost team mates their ships, and in spite of repeated attempts to get them to move up, they refused and kept running further to the back..  When you have 6 ships on a team who actively give up on actually trying to do anything to win, it makes it very very difficult..  It's the only time I ever feel like someone could justify team shooting, even though I do not condone it. 

Members
3,398 posts
12,310 battles
3 minutes ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

I give credit where it is due...  I dont mind not having kills at the end of the match and letting others take the glory.. I've said before and meant it everytime, a win means more than individual glory because individual stats mean nothing in a team oriented game..

I just got out of four losses in a row because of people who refused to move up and support..  They thought that because they had a battleship, that meant they should just sit in the back..  It cost team mates their ships, and in spite of repeated attempts to get them to move up, they refused and kept running further to the back..  When you have 6 ships on a team who actively give up on actually trying to do anything to win, it makes it very very difficult..  It's the only time I ever feel like someone could justify team shooting, even though I do not condone it. 

Post replays of those last 4 games. im curious to see, what is actually happening. 

[BABS]
Members
238 posts
12 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

Post replays of those last 4 games. im curious to see, what is actually happening. 

I do not have replays enabled, and I'm not going to take the time learning to edit them to remove names off the screen if that is a part of it to avoid a "Naming and shaming" ban.  

If you want to see what is happening, go into a blind set of Random games, from tier 6 to tier 8.  Pay attention to your map..  Watch where players group or congregate, watch for the players who never leave the same square..  Watch to see a lemming train form as the bulk of the team tries to sail away from the middle cap that they own to the bottom of the map because well the entire enemy team is at the top of the map, so they have to go all the way away from them to the bottom playing follow the leader. 

You can do it, or you dont have to.  Its your choice.. I've already received a suspension once for posting screenshots as evidence, I'm not going through that again. 

Members
3,398 posts
12,310 battles
4 minutes ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

I do not have replays enabled, and I'm not going to take the time learning to edit them to remove names off the screen if that is a part of it to avoid a "Naming and shaming" ban.  

If you want to see what is happening, go into a blind set of Random games, from tier 6 to tier 8.  Pay attention to your map..  Watch where players group or congregate, watch for the players who never leave the same square..  Watch to see a lemming train form as the bulk of the team tries to sail away from the middle cap that they own to the bottom of the map because well the entire enemy team is at the top of the map, so they have to go all the way away from them to the bottom playing follow the leader. 

You can do it, or you dont have to.  Its your choice.. I've already received a suspension once for posting screenshots as evidence, I'm not going through that again. 

That's fine. You pretty much answered the question I had. 

[BABS]
Members
238 posts
Just now, Rollingonit said:

That's fine. You pretty much answered the question I had. 

Yeah, And I was kind of figuring you were trying to make it personal with a "Blame yourself" angle behind your question...

I guess you answered my misgivings behind your question as well.  Have a good day. 

[OIL-1]
Members
907 posts
4 hours ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

dont bother commenting if you are too lazy to read

4 hours ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

If you feel it is too long to bother, please move on elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

Thanks for the downvote dude... Hope you feel better about yourself now

10 minutes ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

I'm not going to take the time learning

3 minutes ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

I was kind of figuring you were trying to make it personal

You seem to be kind of a rude person.

Anyway, some of us are at the end of our day. A TLDR would have been courteous.

• Cool 1

Members
3,398 posts
12,310 battles
5 minutes ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

Yeah, And I was kind of figuring you were trying to make it personal with a "Blame yourself" angle behind your question...

I guess you answered my misgivings behind your question as well.  Have a good day. 

I was looking to give advice, but you seem resistant. Good day to you too. 

[BABS]
Members
238 posts
Just now, z9_ said:

You seem to be kind of a rude person.

Anyway, some of us are at the end of our day. A TLDR would have been courteous.

Just been dealing with the same crap over and over from some people here on the forums..  It gets grating..  I've had to defend myself against others directly posting lies about things I have said, quoting my past comments right next to quotes of theirs to show it, and deal with them denying having said something 3 minutes after having said it...  You have my apologies that my fuse has been substantially shortened over the last few days.  I could and probably should handle many situations better, but I dont have the patience of Job.. 

If a thread is to long to read, I'm not here forcing anyone to read it..  There are a lot of shorter posts elsewhere.. The guy who stepped up earlier in the Kitikaze deserved all the kudos he could get..  I wasnt going to water it down.. 

• Cool 1

[BABS]
Members
238 posts
5 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

I was looking to give advice, but you seem resistant. Good day to you too. 

If I mistook your intentions, you have my apologies..  I've put up with a lot of crap here over the last week..  

The original post was meant to be a recognition of someone else who I felt is what people should strive for when it comes to being a team player, something that is very lacking right now in the game.. There are a great many other threads speaking about the issue as well.  No sooner had it gone up, but as soon as I said if you support the guy who was in the Kitakaze give it a thumbs up..  I wasnt looking for praise for myself, but there was one person out there who was so offended they just had to make it known by showing how much they disapprove..  And that is when I said "I'm done with people for the day."  

Perhaps at a later time we can talk and I can bounce some questions off you for advice..  Right now, my patience is a little short.

[-TRM-]
Members
39 posts
1,791 battles

I enjoyed the post OP. Don't worry about the TLDR people. Just write bigger posts. I'll read em.

Ive been having a bit of Kremlin Terror lately among the bot ships, so I plot the assassination with 10 or 15 torps when I do find one in game. Makes me want to buy a Kremlin myself. What a ship.

Now having three Kremlins closing on the Obj you are trying to take by yourself with all your team way back in the nosebleed seats... hiding out... its not fun.

There are some players who have teamed up and lent a hand, teamwork can be a powerful thing. When you have a herd of people going somewhere well you can pretty much assure that its going to be something special going on.

[BABS]
Members
238 posts
53 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

I enjoyed the post OP. Don't worry about the TLDR people. Just write bigger posts. I'll read em.

Ive been having a bit of Kremlin Terror lately among the bot ships, so I plot the assassination with 10 or 15 torps when I do find one in game. Makes me want to buy a Kremlin myself. What a ship.

Now having three Kremlins closing on the Obj you are trying to take by yourself with all your team way back in the nosebleed seats... hiding out... its not fun.

There are some players who have teamed up and lent a hand, teamwork can be a powerful thing. When you have a herd of people going somewhere well you can pretty much assure that its going to be something special going on.

Thanks xHeavy.  It just got very old very fast for me last night...

Kremlin is the only ship in game I've seen be able to hold off three other battleships and a cruiser simultaneously.  It may eventually die, but it frees up other ships to aid a flank and then commit all forces to finishing off a team.  It's one of the reasons I dont play russian ships. 

As far as herds go though, sometimes they are lions, and sometimes they are lemmings...  07

• Cool 1

[OIL-1]
Members
907 posts
14 hours ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

Just been dealing with the same crap over and over from some people here on the forums..  It gets grating..  I've had to defend myself against others directly posting lies about things I have said, quoting my past comments right next to quotes of theirs to show it, and deal with them denying having said something 3 minutes after having said it...  You have my apologies that my fuse has been substantially shortened over the last few days.  I could and probably should handle many situations better, but I dont have the patience of Job.. 

Understandable.
Try to avoid discussions of game mechanics. You'll get a lot of flat earther fan boys hating on you.

[BABS]
Members
238 posts
1 minute ago, z9_ said:

Understandable.
Try to avoid discussions of game mechanics. You'll get a lot of flat earther fan boys hating on you.

Thanks, though I'm not someone who will deny that there are "Flat Earthers" on both sides of an argument..  You just have to examine all the evidence as best you can and let the chips fall where they may.

I've never let the actions, opinions, or attitudes of others control what I say or write.

[OIL-1]
Members
907 posts
4 minutes ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

I've never let the actions, opinions, or attitudes of others control what I say or write.

Me either. They can hate on me all they want.
The bigger issue is investing a lot of time in composing a thread, to have it taken down by the mods 5m after posting.
After that happens to you a few times, it will definitely limit what you say, because wasting time is just pointless.

Members
4,236 posts
9,256 battles
19 hours ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

So I just got out of a battle, and wanted to put this up right away.

I just had an encounter with an incredibly rare type of player, who deserves recognition for his actions.  

It was a tier 10 battle, and I had taken in my T8 Bismarck..  Now I just got the Bismarck last week, and it was in no way fully kitted out yet..  I just bought the final upgrades on her after the battle.  She has 10 points on her captain, and I put a few flags on her for good measure.  We get in, and its a map with an inbound cyclone.  Myself, a Kitikaze, an Amagi, and a Kremlin headed for the capture point on the far right side of the map.   The kitikaze caps early, and makes a run for point B.   The three BB's hold our ground against two trying to push in..  Up shows an enemy Yugumo.  While positioning in the islands to keep him from torping us, the amagi comes under heavy fire..  The Kremlin turns and runs, abandoning both of us to die instead of working as a group.  In spite of repeated attempts to call him back for support, the Kremlin ignores it.

It is now that the Kitikaze sees what is happening.  I have now taken two torpedoes for half my health, the Amagi is dead because our Full health Kremlin didnt want to support, and I am moving away from the islands to force the Yugumo to come out..  As soon as the Kitikaze Shows up and says "Im here to help" I turn bow in and go horizontal to where the enemy DD last was, and I fire up my hydro.   Kitikaze charges in, and the Yugumo is spotted. I manually target him, starting my secondaries as I open up on him with a broadside of HE..  It is the Kit's second kill of the match..

The cyclone is now in full effect, so we both angle in to where we last saw the two tier 8 battleships last heading.  Closing in, I put my spotting plane up just in case it will help and we spot the enemy North Carolina, sailing broadside at full speed.  A full salvo of AP grants me a citadel and three penetrations for a massive chunk of damage. I get one more salvo off as he is turning trying to get away from my Secondary guns as the Kitikaze finishes him off.

The match ends, and Mr Kitikaze has taken 1st place on the team with 2000 Base XP..  But the most important thing is that his willingness to help out his team mates got him two more kills, kept at least one team member alive to back him up, and got him a positive compliment sent to him... He earned every bit of it.  Teamwork can make all the difference in an outcome, and it can turn the fortune of a battle.  If more players would learn this the game would be a lot better off.

So here is to Mr Kitikaze

chuck_norris_salute.gif.8be2ee0529e23f7ebcfa26ea321cd855.gif

I read the entire post.  Well done!  :cap_like:

[BABS]
Members
238 posts
Just now, Wolfswetpaws said:

I read the entire post.  Well done!  :cap_like:

It's the Kitakaze who deserves the well done.. Thats why I wrote it, the dude was awesome.