Sign in to follow this  
Hapa_Fodder

Community. Tell us about yours!

6 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,905 posts
13,343 battles

For us, WoWS brought us together with many wonderful people, who are going to remain lifelong friends. Have you had similar experiences in the WoWS community, whom you've maybe even met IRL?

For me, I joined a group over 10 years ago (DHO or Dadshideout), started out playing World of Tanks with them, we have carried over to World of Warships and they are fun group for sure. They are, after all, not just a group of gamers, but a group/fellowship of  Dads and a great group of folks they are!

Over the years I have met in person many of them. Most recently after I retired from the Navy I went on a 7500 mile road trip all over the US. It was at first a trip to experience THIS country since I have been outside it for years in the Navy. The second was to tour various breweries, eateries, and distilleries. But thirdly, to visit these folks that I have known over the years digitally. Because, let's be honest, community is: a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals! And when you find a group you belong to, this is true!

I do not mind you guys dropping your clan names or groups that you roll with, just keep in mind this is NOT meant to be a recruitment post!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[EGO]
Members
26 posts
6,768 battles

Well, I've been with my group of guys for a bit over 2 years now. I met them more or less on accident when I first started playing WoWS and saw that our big overseeing organization had a clan that I'd never heard of even though I was a part of the overseeing group for like 2 years before I'd heard of WoWS. After I'd joined the clan I was more of a solo player grinding Pensacola at T7, and these guys showed me how fun it was to play in divisions even if we lost more then 50% of the time with my garbage skills at the time. They taught me to really break free from my facade that I'd put out to literally everyone else and they're some of my best friends even If I don't tell them that, lol.

I've never met any of them in-person, though I'm sure that when one of us gets married we'll all be there, downing pints like it's water in the desert.

• Cool 3

[ARC]
Members
791 posts
9,881 battles

In my case, the clan I belong now has the same name as my country's navy. They begun recruiting in Facebook and I have been a part of it ever since. One of the best group of friends I have made, despite not meeting them yet, it is something I'm keeping in mind for the time I go to the capital, as a lot of them live there. 

• Cool 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,337 posts
14,586 battles

Our group is fairly new compared to a lot of clans in game. We have had members from around the world. United States, Canada, Brazil, China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Taiwan, Australia, Poland, Sweden, UK. It would be a real feat getting us all together but we do have fun in game. A mix of younger and some who have been around the block. A really good group of people!

• Cool 2

[SLFF]
Members
627 posts
44,578 battles

I kind of went in the opposite direction.  I'm part of a large community of Second Life (SL) players, mostly Furries.  When I got into World of Warships, I started a clan based around this group, but it has expanded to include many who are neither in SL nor Furries.

Edited by LiskaBystrouska

Sign in to follow this