You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

ST 0.9.8, Transformers collaboration, Ranked Battles, Mid-Autumn Festival and other news

33 comments in this topic

[USN]
Members
1,639 posts
21,131 battles

What is that Autumn Festival camo? Might be competing for worst perma camo ever?

Ranked back to T10, sadness ensues.

• Cool 2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

I'll be happy when they update the friggin' reticles for carriers, seeing as how they keep messing with fog here, there, mist, etc... 

Options for all players to select COLOR, BOLD/NORMAL is all we need. Thank you very much. 

I saw this and thought oh slick... they're putting Optimus Prime (OP - funny, eh?) in the game... will his voice tracks be in there too? How about a OP head atop the bridge that rotates with the guns? Slick.

Alas... camos look very fashionable, I will admit. 

• Cool 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,200 posts
12,829 battles
10 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

What is that Autumn Festival camo? Might be competing for worst perma camo ever?

Indeed, I had greatly enjoyed the break from t10 as well.

We can still hope the next cb season will be non t10 though. T9 or t7 please!

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,253 posts
11,723 battles

Praying for modders to give us mods to replace this version of Optimus and Megatron's voices with the Cullen and Welker originals.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,468 posts
18,417 battles
48 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

If it does something different from the norm (e.g. the way the National camos, the Kobayashis and the Eugen Adler camo do), it might sell. Otherwise the Eugen and the Warspite in particular have enough duplicates already as to make this not worth the while. But this:

Chang’e with specialization on Pan-Asian and Japanese ships.

should be of interest to anyone who has a Bajie and an Izumo. Or plenty of premium destroyers in both navies.

[RLGN]
Members
16,213 posts
28,085 battles

Seriously...?

I saw this announced on Reddit or some such and thought it was a joke...

[SOFOP]
Members
2,486 posts
15,380 battles

Seeing as the last few collabs have been seemingly all money based, I'd not super hopefully about being able to get any of this for free.  Which is sad.  I remember the days when effort was rewarded.

That said, Bumblebee and Megatron do look tasty.....

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
802 posts
14,296 battles

- Scrolls down blog thinking to myself;

"Oh cool nice looking camos for the transformer thing. Bet they'll be pricey though" 

- Continues to scroll down page thinking to myself;

"Oh Jeebus WTH are these gaudy mid-Autumn camos! Who would even begin to think these looks good?"  

"Hasbro must have had a hand in designing their camos. To bad the ships don't actually transform. Now that would be cool!!"

"More specialized captains. Bet they will cost or be a grind from !@#$%."

" Beautiful and realistic fog? Not so realistic if it doesn't change dispersion or spotting. But anyway, yeah, okay, whatever. 

- Scrolls back up the page thinking to myself;

"What did I miss? Oh yeah, there it is. That one liner. They always sneak in a single line in-between other announcements . It's like they try to hide stuff inside a wall of text. Oh it's Ranked again!? Tier X again!? When will this game ever come up with something, anything new!? 

Exits page thinking to myself:

"Is this what my relationship with WoWs has come to? Are they all smiles running to me with open arms and I've become so bittier I just turn away."

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
30,149 battles

We just had ranked at an even tier...would it be possible to have it at an odd tier?

[-N-]
Members
2,251 posts
15,323 battles
12 minutes ago, eagle_lance said:

We just had ranked at an even tier...would it be possible to have it at an odd tier?

No...  CV Haters want it too badly.

• Boring 3
  • Meh 1

Members
883 posts
5,968 battles
52 minutes ago, ArtfulNothing_ said:

- Scrolls down blog thinking to myself;

"Oh cool nice looking camos for the transformer thing. Bet they'll be pricey though" 

"Oh Jeebus WTH are these gaudy mid-Autumn camos! Who would even begin to think these looks good?"  

"Hasbro must have had a hand in designing their camos. To bad the ships don't actually transform. Now that would be cool!!"

"More specialized captains. Bet they will cost or be a grind from !@#$%."

" Beautiful and realistic fog? Not so realistic if it doesn't change dispersion or spotting. But anyway, yeah, okay, whatever. 

- Scrolls back up the page thinking to myself;

"What did I miss? Oh yeah, there it is. That one liner. They always sneak in a single line in-between other announcements . It's like they try to hide stuff inside a wall of text. Oh it's Ranked again!? Tier X again!? When will this game ever come up with something, anything new!? 

Exits page thinking to myself:

"Is this what my relationship with WoWs has come to? Are they all smiles running to me with open arms and I've become so bittier I just turn away."

That’s where I’m at

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
Members
6,989 posts

It's a no for me as I am no where near the Montana, I have the Gearing Space Camo, and I am grinding to the Grozovoi (not Khab)…..but then I saw the Megatron camo I thought hmmmmm!

But then I looked at the Space Camo and thought 'nope the Space Camo for GK is better!' The real issue for me is the stupid prices asked for what is 'a look'. The fact is, if I have already spent money on a look I like, I am not going to spend more money (especially the amount WG ask) on another look - however much I like it!

The Autumn camo is God awful IMO, and I have so many Japanese Captains sitting in reserve the only possible Capt purchase would be the Pan Asian one (if you can actually get them as single Captain purchases!).

[PVE]
Members
13,955 posts
29,430 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I'll be happy when they update the friggin' reticles for carriers, seeing as how they keep messing with fog here, there, mist, etc... 

Options for all players to select COLOR, BOLD/NORMAL is all we need. Thank you very much. 

I saw this and thought oh slick... they're putting Optimus Prime (OP - funny, eh?) in the game... will his voice tracks be in there too? How about a OP head atop the bridge that rotates with the guns? Slick.

When you activate the horn it needs to say "I am Optimus Prime". :cap_horn:

• Haha 1

Members
4,389 posts
3,255 battles

I do wish with some of these special captains you could choose their nation. I have no need for anymore Japanese or Pan-Asian skippers. 

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
3 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Germans really need a fix!!!!!!

[WOLFG]
Members
12,662 posts
11,755 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

When you activate the horn it needs to say "I am Optimus Prime". :cap_horn:

People would never stop doing that.

• Haha 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,453 posts
10,699 battles
4 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

Perfect time to grind out the Unique Upgrades

[IJN]
Members
315 posts
14,881 battles
9 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Perfect time to grind out the Unique Upgrades

Yeah if you still have the missions.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,453 posts
10,699 battles
3 minutes ago, IJN_Yamato_BB17 said:

Yeah if you still have the missions.

I have all the current missions that were active since their introduction, only completed one by grinding, a few is close to being done and I think one or two I bought for doubloons last year in the armory when they were available for doubloons.

I may not be able to rank out next season, but that's okay since it means more grinding that I can do for the tier 10 unique upgrades that I have left

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
16,494 battles

Well did got and look, all because of the negs on the autumn camo...and crazy thing is, I like it!

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,269 posts
12,187 battles
  1. I really like a couple of the camo's - but unless there is an option that isn't RNG bull out of containers -I don't care because I don't have the money for them. Finally saw the email from work that basically amounts to 'odds are your not working this year' cause it's a sports stadium and don't make enough to get anything else so even if I wasn't hesitant to spend money on your game given it's current state and actions of the company over the last 2 years specifically - I couldn't anyway cause what little I make to spend on things no loner exists.
  2. Mid-Autumn Festival - Second verse same as the first. Nice to see another cross nation commander. But what's the deal with the Kaga Camo? If it's just a normal camo, why do I care? If it's one that simply recolours the planes like the camo - why do I care. If your going to give me carrier camo's - they need to be like the Halloween ones, where it actually changes what your flying. Because at least in RTS, I actually spent some time looking at my ship to appreciate any kind of cool camo - now all my time is spent looking at planes.
  3. Unless it's removed by the fog removing mod in the modstation, at which point it doesn't matter, you just made it that much harder for me to hit a target because it'll blend the colours even more for me unless they are using something like that Mid-Autumn Festival camo. Another change to make the game look pretty I need like a hole in the head because like some of the changes to water and what not with CV reticules and all it makes it harder to freaking play because I can't see were I'm aiming or what I'm aiming at. This is getting freaking stupid, especially cause there seems to be way too much focus on style and not freaking substance aka fixing CV's because despite what the spreadsheet say according to Sub per a year ago the 'good' numbers are false numbers based on two extremes, balancing other ships that need it, giving us ACTUAL good splits - like the USN BB one we've been asking for for years - not the absolute joke and borderline insult you guys tossed up, etc.

Doesn't matter what collabs you do, or how pretty you make the game, if no one wants to play or pay because they are getting decimated by CV's, are playing CV's and their planes are decimated by AA, their aim is impeded due to 'pretty graphics changes', poorly balanced ships and ones that have been powercrept over 5 years (many USN BB's) or overnerfed (most of the IJN torpedo DD line), and when we spend literal years asking for something, and giving you guys tons of info, and almost everyone listing the same 7 ships - Deleware, Florida, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, South Dakota, South Dakota 1920, with yeah, maybe a Tillman at the top - decide instead to say what amounts to 'Screw you guys' and A: not give us that split, B: base a 3 tier split off the Tillman's and not bloody follow the concept of the Tillman's, and C: to throw further salt in the wound after releasing 4 premiums at 3 tiers of the 7 most listed in a split, after that announcement of the split you go 'hey guys, were adding at tier 5 Oklahoma, the Nevada Class battleship' - making it now 4/8 tiers of an actual damn split done as premiums. 4/8 from 5-8 and you guys worked on Georgia and Ohio - if you don't want a split starting at 3 or 4 - that's a line split. 

• Cool 3