You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Finality

German Carrier Missions Contradiction?

12 comments in this topic

[BBB]
Beta Testers
53 posts
5,867 battles

Soooo, what is it, 4 days left or 32 days left...?

Will we have a chance to finish these missions once the tech tree releases or are they essentially locking the camos behind a RNG loot-box, in which we have to get lucky and get all 3 carriers in order to unlock the camos for them and the tier X version. 

wtf is this.png

[WOLF3]
Members
25,623 posts
22,583 battles

Pretty sure these event missions are going away once the event is done.  I would be highly surprised if they remain.

Personally, I am in that last stage for Weser, but I don't have the mission to get Weser, much less have her in port to get her camo and the last tokens I'd need for 600.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,815 posts
13,283 battles

I mean this is not new especially for the EA events.

We have EA ships and we have EA missions for those ships because we want you to play them, not everyone gets them.

And the EA missions end before the patch, because new missions will come.

-Hapa

[SOFOP]
Members
2,343 posts
13,746 battles

I think its the directives that will be available for longer.  The carrier specific missions for camos are the ones expiring in 4 days.  Definitely looks odd though...they tried to cram too much into one page.

[WOLFG]
Members
8,830 posts
7,308 battles
Just now, Hapa_Fodder said:

I mean this is not new especially for the EA events.

We have EA ships and we have EA missions for those ships because we want you to play them, not everyone gets them.

And the EA missions end before the patch, because new missions will come.

-Hapa

Yeah, but the 32 days remaining indicates some part of what is shown (directives or 6 missions) is going to stay.

Not a big deal, but it is confusing.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,181 posts
5,940 battles

Well tokens almost always change between patches so my guess is we'll be done collecting german tokens?    Which is sad.. because i am 75 short with only 75 remaining available requiring the Parseval unlock.. I have 2 more German crates to unlock but seems unlikely and I really only care about the t10 camo, as I can research the CV myself later...  

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,553 posts

It's a flaw in the new missions interface -- there should be a clearer delineation between the Directive missions, and the related but unlinked "token" missions. 

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,815 posts
13,283 battles
39 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Yeah, but the 32 days remaining indicates some part of what is shown (directives or 6 missions) is going to stay.

Not a big deal, but it is confusing.

Because we always have the EA event, which is one patch and then the release event, which is the next patch. So the entire German CV even will not be complete for another 32 days or whatever it says.

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
161 posts
9,965 battles

I'm confused now.

I bought two of those 6000 or so doubloon missions so I can get the Hindenberg and Grosser Kurfurst black iron's cross camo.

Once you finish the purchased missions you get various amounts of Greman tokens.

I got enough to pay the 600 German tokens for the Grosser Kurfurst camo, but now stuck about halfway to get enough for the Hindenberg.

Reason I am stuck is I have finished all the missions except the very last ones requiring me to play the various German CV's, which are not available yet.

And I don't play CV's.

So, did I just waste the 6000 doubloons trying to get the camo for Hindy because the very last missions require ships that don't exist yet and / or I don't play CV's?

Why didn't they make it clear before I spent 6,000 doubloons that I would be forced to play CV's to complete it?

Edited by BCGrog

[-KAK-]
Members
562 posts
10,177 battles
39 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Because we always have the EA event, which is one patch and then the release event, which is the next patch. So the entire German CV even will not be complete for another 32 days or whatever it says.

-Hapa

Isn't it typically broken up some way though (e.g. German Carriers 1, & German Carriers 2, as suggested by the tab name on the left hand side of OP's image)
If memory serves, that's how it was done for previous EA events, like the Pan-EU DDs or the Italian CAs. The armory sections are generally split as well.

The real difference this time is the new missions interface - Is it some sort of oversight there?

EDIT: Thought about it for a moment, and I see what you're getting at - It's like how the EA stays in the armory for an extra patch. Practically, it's useless once you've spent the tokens, but it's still there incase you didn't spend the tokens. That said, I'd argue that's an armory specific feature - Unless more missions are added to German CV1, it's useless, unlike the section in the armory.

Edited by TheOmegaDuck