You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bubbleboy264

Sick of endless carrier spam...

275 comments in this topic

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,400 posts
6,232 battles

please remove DDs in tier5 and 6 matches.im sick of being outspotted and having 0 chance to spot them. /s

• Cool 8
  • Funny 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 19

[ASHIP]
[ASHIP]
Members
79 posts
17,240 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

Why are there 3-4  DDs, a whole mess of cruisers and some BBs per side in every match?

The answer is the same for CVs.  People like to play ships.

your response makes no sense there have always been 3-4 dds per match and thats a good thing but a CV with endless planes that can travel 5x as fast as any ship and out spot the entire team and have an endless supply of planes no matter how many get shot down is annoying.

• Cool 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 5

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,721 posts
3 minutes ago, Treeodeth said:

your response makes no sense there have always been 3-4 dds per match and thats a good thing but a CV with endless planes that can travel 5x as fast as any ship and out spot the entire team and have an endless supply of planes no matter how many get shot down is annoying.

There have always been CVs in the game as well, since the start.  They aren't new or something.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 10

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,570 posts

Before the rebork, someone who got sick of carriers could load up a fighter-build carrier and go savage enemy aircraft in revenge. 

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[_BDA_]
Members
229 posts
3,800 battles

13 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

Seriously, I’m so done with this garbage. I’m trying to play and have fun with my mid tier ships but it’s literally endless game after game with 2 carriers per side, it’s just absurd. What is going on why are there so many CVs now.

I think many of us are sick of the endless hating on carriers... they are a class of ship in the game that exists and people like to play.  Now, if you want to complain about cv bots that do nothing for your team we can have a discussion.  Perhaps we can have a discussion about suicidal destroyers that reduce the target pool so quickly you have difficulty attaining directive goals.  Or how about the classless snipers that wait for you to reduce an enemy during a hard fought gun battle and reach across the map to steal the kill... can we discuss that instead?

Really, if you don't like carriers just wait until the subs enter the game so you can have something new to gripe about.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 7

[ASHIP]
Members
148 posts
10,935 battles
6 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

Seriously, I’m so done with this garbage. I’m trying to play and have fun with my mid tier ships but it’s literally endless game after game with 2 carriers per side, it’s just absurd. What is going on why are there so many CVs now.

...and radars and fires and planes....there is a reason why WG is abiding to bots. People simply stop playing this [edited] game. Me for example, stopped playing BBs cause i just dont stand other BBs spitting HE. It might be fun for a ignorant nerds like WG developers, but for us, who know about the real stuff and that is a mediocre way to produce dmg...its a bittersweet feeling between laughable and anger.  Just report CV players, WG is stuck in commie times, they do believe forcing things into people are ok, meanwhile, we are still waiting for a replace of competitor to this game and enjoying what can be till we got bored and WG has to get Bots into it hahahaha, then, others players realize that, playing against bots, and they stop playing as well hahhaa. Seems logical, to all but  WG. 

4 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

The answer is the same for CVs.  People like to play ships and CVs are one of the classes of ship in the game

What? Big NO. People come here to play with ships not with little planes. CV fans are 0.8 % of the entire comunity. Less that CV were the doom of cannon-bases ships but that is something historical what WG has no clue about. Mixing CVs here makes not sense, broke the game, turned it boring and good luck, they'll be 8 players playing against themselves, much of what is happening haha. Good luck enjoying those Bots.

• Cool 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Meh 4

[A-D-F]
6,721 posts
3 minutes ago, derzwerge said:

What? Big NO. People come here to play with ships not with little planes. CV fans are 0.8 % of the entire comunity. Less that CV were the doom of cannon-bases ships but that is something historical what WG has no clue about. Mixing CVs here makes not sense, broke the game, turned it boring and good luck, they'll be 8 players playing against themselves, much of what is happening haha. Good luck enjoying those Bots.

If so few people like to play CVs, problem solved.  You will never see in matches.  Op is complaining about the opposite though....

The new CVs have been in the game well over a year now.  The NA server pop is higher than usually lately.  Seems fine to me.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[PEEDZ]
[PEEDZ]
Members
541 posts
2,790 battles

For those saying there is nothing with the state of CV and you can’t understand why people don’t like them? I’m going ask, really? You can’t see why a large population of the player base don’t like them? Hell. Even I don’t like them. I just abuse them as the most influence win machines after DD’s. That’s all. Not because they are fun. They are damn broken. Especially when CV’s get to be top tier....

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 8
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[-BUI-]
Members
1,717 posts
5,126 battles
26 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

Yeah, its almost like there is a CV event going on or something, so strange....

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[IWP]
Members
31 posts
7,746 battles
9 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Before the rebork, someone who got sick of carriers could load up a fighter-build carrier and go savage enemy aircraft in revenge. 

I think that much of the animosity towards CVs would be reduced if CVs could and would attack each other first, similar to how DDs deal with red DDs early in the game.  It is the no-risk playstyle of CVs that I find particularly infuriating.

• Cool 3

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
725 posts
1,641 battles
27 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Why are there 3-4  DDs, a whole mess of cruisers and some BBs per side in every match?

The answer is the same for CVs.  People like to play ships and CVs are one of the classes of ship in the game. 

Whys there a boat in a video game

[A-D-F]
6,721 posts
8 minutes ago, ouch4me2 said:

I think that much of the animosity towards CVs would be reduced if CVs could and would attack each other first, similar to how DDs deal with red DDs early in the game.  It is the no-risk playstyle of CVs that I find particularly infuriating.

We used to do that back in the RTS days.  The problem was the CVs were so powerful (then, not now) that which every CV sniped the other one first, most often then decided the match.

WG made it so that CV vs CV warfare, is kinda pointless.  The AA is fantastic and you basically only get one pass per squad then lose everything else.

[GLF]
Members
958 posts
15,315 battles

Go play friesland.  Over my last 18 games that i wrote down there were only 2 games with carriers.   Caution though,  Friesland gameplay is otherwise boring and unimaginative so without a carrier to spice things up... you're kindof left unsatisfied.  

Edited by AnimaL21

[-K-]
6,862 posts
8,829 battles

CVs are broken and make the matches less fun for everyone else. If you state otherwise, you're either uninformed or disingenuous.

"BuT ThEy'Re PaRt oF tHe GaMe!" doesn't change that fact.

• Cool 18
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 5

[PVE]
Members
3,947 posts
16,811 battles
26 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

The answer is the same for CVs.  People like to play ships and CVs are one of the classes of ship in the game. 

No no no nooooo......  You just posted carrier play in scenarios minutes ago..............using CARRIERS....showing extreme value.    Not DD's, not CA's, not BB's.  You excel because of the OP nature of the Carrier; your skill in knowing how to "exploit" the Carrier advantages; and, your "results show that"....  Carrier aren't like "other surface combatants" in any way, shape or form

Let's test this !  Can a Carrier fight another Carrier in the first 10 minutes of a Random match and destroy the other carrier???  Yeah....? But, the real answer is no.  Carrier don't fight Carriers because there is no value in that.   You aim your planes and ships have automatic AA........and, that is "skill" based".........how?   Carrier's at end-game simply annihilate the last ships with rockets and the lone DD's don't even have a "heal capability;" nor smoke at that stage in the game; and, THAT, is quality game play???  Balanced game play? Fair game play?  Or, playing carrier at tiers where some of the surface combatants don't even have AA???  Or, a Carrier that is one of the highest rated secondary damage ship in the game???? 

People play Carriers because they are OP in the hands of a good CPT.  Carriers command maps because maps aren't relevant to ships that fight Over-the-Horizon (OTH) and their weapons aren't bound my speed.......they can go anywhere faster than any surface ship....  Carriers are "strategic" weapons and surface combatants are "tactical combatants".....  Doubt this?  There are several good videos from Update 8.0 and what follows that clearly shows how a single carrier "forces surface ships" to react.....  A single DD can't do that?  Can it>?  No.........  History confirms that Carriers as early as what 1921-1923 were the end of the BB era....  Carriers in this game are the end of what was in this game.....  Everyone that brought me here is now gone from the game.........

Look, you're good at fighting carriers but, there is a limit and that limit has been far exceeded since Update 8.0;.........because, our host is still selling Carriers !!!  They wouldn't sell if they weren't OP.....it is that simple.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 5

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
118 posts
3,318 battles
5 minutes ago, vak_ said:

In my opinion CVs are broken and make the game less fun for everyone else.

If you state otherwise, that's your own opinion.

FTFY

• Cool 2

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
524 posts
11,910 battles
35 minutes ago, derzwerge said:

Your comment makes 0.8% sense. I am sure you did a lengthy study to get your statistics. If only 0.8% of the people liked CVs you would almost never see them. You sound like you have a lot of haste for the game. If I hated the game that much I would stop playing.

[-K-]
6,862 posts
8,829 battles
7 minutes ago, RonJamesDio said:

FTFY

1) Saying that things that I write constitute my own thoughts on the matter is redundant. Don't know why some people seem to believe that "ThATs WhAt YoU THinK!" is a great counter-argument.

2) This opinion of mine is shared by a vast majority of good players. If one understand the game well (i.e. is informed), that person understands what makes the CVs broken.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 2

[-BUI-]
Members
1,717 posts
5,126 battles
2 minutes ago, vak_ said:

1) Saying that things that I write constitute my own thoughts on the subject is redundant. Don't know why people always seem to believe that "ThATs WhAt YoU THinK!" is a great counter-argument.

2) This opinion of mine is shared by a vast majority of good players. If you understand the game well, you understand what makes the CVs broken.

And if you understand the game well, you understand why DDs are vastly MORE broken without CVs around to keep them in check.

• Haha 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,570 posts
12 minutes ago, vak_ said:

CVs are broken and make the matches less fun for everyone else. If you state otherwise, you're either uninformed or disingenuous.

Just fix AA, and most of the problem is gone. 

Restore air superiority as a viable goal for carriers, and the rest is gone. 

• Cool 4

[-K-]
6,862 posts
8,829 battles
5 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Just fix AA, and most of the problem is gone.

Fix how? Make it much stronger? WG did that in one of the patches (ugh, 8.3? don't remember), and then rolled it back immediately.

There is no good way to balance current AA. It's either mostly useless, or creates no-fly zones for most CV players. And don't even get me started on the abomination that is flak.

5 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Restore air superiority as a viable goal for carriers, and the rest is gone.

"But players are literally incapable of doing two things at once, that's why we re-worked the RTS carriers!"

- WG, probably

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,440 posts
14,145 battles
36 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Yeah, its almost like there is a CV event going on or something, so strange....

Lol yep, and the reason I am taking Anti CV precautions even more at the moment.  Such as dipping into my sizable stockpile of AA flags, among other things.

If WG is going to insist on having so many CBs around, they really should make Kidd a Coal ship or maybe Free XP so that it can be more readily available to players that use DDs. It’s AA is formidable enough to scare at least some CVs from going after it and the ones build enough to attack it seem to find it gives good amount of itself with AA.