You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SonicAnatidae

The fun of T8 CVs

11 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
67 posts
2,176 battles

I started playing CVs to better learn how to counter them. That and they are a significant change from surface ship combat, so it's nice for a change. 

Well, I moved up to the Lexington and man, that was a mistake. 

Chat @ T8, when you are playing a CV:

Spoiler

Salt_mountain.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

So as a T8 CV:

First, you are garbage and should DIAF, since you are playing a CV. 

Second, after being told you are the worst human being in existence, its expected that you will spend the entire game keeping fighters over the very same people that wouldn't urinate on you to put out the fire they set. If you do not do this then you are a noob and should DIAF harder. Anything less is a waste of their payroll, since apparently, they pay you to play CV and take their abuse. 

Third, god forbid you hunt enemy DDs. You see, enemy DDs feel that you should leave them alone and let them cap points and sink your ships. Then, if you ask nicely, they may allow you 1.. JUST THE 1, rocket salvo, otherwise you're unfairly targeting them. After you kill one, they will take the time to cry over being hunted, while they hunted your surface ships and killed 1-3 with torps. You are supposed to ignore this and bash your planes into massed AA instead. They *will* take the time to explain this in chat, so if you forget my words, good news...

So the moral of the story is if you play T8 CVs or above, just kill chat. It's filled with "people" that have a spare chromosome and can't wait to show it off in chat. 

/end rant.  

• Cool 1

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
729 posts
1,641 battles
5 minutes ago, Hel_Diver142 said:

Yes turn chat off because they're not playing the game their too busy in chat, Complaining.

Isnt that the main objective in world of whine boats?

[META_]
Members
695 posts
15,116 battles
37 minutes ago, SonicAnatidae said:

I started playing CVs to better learn how to counter them. That and they are a significant change from surface ship combat, so it's nice for a change. 

Well, I moved up to the Lexington and man, that was a mistake. 

Chat @ T8, when you are playing a CV:

Reveal hidden contents

Salt_mountain.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

So as a T8 CV:

First, you are garbage and should DIAF, since you are playing a CV. 

Second, after being told you are the worst human being in existence, its expected that you will spend the entire game keeping fighters over the very same people that wouldn't urinate on you to put out the fire they set. If you do not do this then you are a noob and should DIAF harder. Anything less is a waste of their payroll, since apparently, they pay you to play CV and take their abuse. 

Third, god forbid you hunt enemy DDs. You see, enemy DDs feel that you should leave them alone and let them cap points and sink your ships. Then, if you ask nicely, they may allow you 1.. JUST THE 1, rocket salvo, otherwise you're unfairly targeting them. After you kill one, they will take the time to cry over being hunted, while they hunted your surface ships and killed 1-3 with torps. You are supposed to ignore this and bash your planes into massed AA instead. They *will* take the time to explain this in chat, so if you forget my words, good news...

So the moral of the story is if you play T8 CVs or above, just kill chat. It's filled with "people" that have a spare chromosome and can't wait to show it off in chat. 

/end rant.  

Congratulations, I make cv instructional videos on my channel..... I started ou t he same way to learn how to counter cvs and I have videos on that specifically also.. Good luck

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
67 posts
2,176 battles
3 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

Congratulations, I make cv instructional videos on my channel..... I started ou t he same way to learn how to counter cvs and I have videos on that specifically also.. Good luck

Thanks.. I'll check them out. I've been watching a number of videos on CVs, but your name doesn't sound familiar. 

I'll look for yours specifically.. thanks!

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
695 posts
15,116 battles
11 minutes ago, SonicAnatidae said:

Thanks.. I'll check them out. I've been watching a number of videos on CVs, but your name doesn't sound familiar. 

Thanks, it helps. My channel is Meta_man2002 I mostly do destroyers and carriers to know how to counter each other 

[BABC]
Members
79 posts

Maybe it's the hour of day that I play, but besides occasionally getting negative karma when I wipe a DD off the map within the first couple min of the game (double T8 CVs + downtiered game), things are usually pretty quiet at T8. I suspect that T6 could get bad with potatoes that are still learning the game, but having just gotten my first T10 CV, maybe there as well with elitists that act like they know what's best for the game?

[SALVO]
Members
624 posts
13,123 battles
On 7/31/2020 at 12:50 PM, SonicAnatidae said:

You really want to learn to be better in CV, watch Gaishu on Twitch, and TopTier on YouTube.  Just be prepared for the salt.  A decently played CV is going to wreck any ship it chooses to target with pretty much no ability for the target to fight back.  That is why they are disliked by so many, even those that play them and play them well.  

[POP]
Members
937 posts
8,427 battles
39 minutes ago, brdhntr said:

You really want to learn to be better in CV, watch Gaishu on Twitch, and TopTier on YouTube.  Just be prepared for the salt.  A decently played CV is going to wreck any ship it chooses to target with pretty much no ability for the target to fight back.  That is why they are disliked by so many, even those that play them and play them well.  

Not necessarily true, even those guys are very specific about target selection and will say why they are targeting or avoiding a certain ship.  It's not an "any ship at any time" sort of approach.  In fact what sets most of those guys apart from the rest is not some elusive ability to dodge AA and land perfect shots.  Actually they miss and make less than optimal drops all the time.  What sets them apart is their knowledge of every surface ship in the game, what are soft targets, what are hard targets, the ability to read a mini map and predict movement allowing for the most optimal use of time and resources.  Some times that means chain drops, sometimes not but those guys know what they are doing long before it has to actually be done and they remain fully aware of what both teams are doing the entire time. 

[SALVO]
Members
624 posts
13,123 battles
18 hours ago, HallaSnackbar said:

Not necessarily true, even those guys are very specific about target selection and will say why they are targeting or avoiding a certain ship.  It's not an "any ship at any time" sort of approach.  In fact what sets most of those guys apart from the rest is not some elusive ability to dodge AA and land perfect shots.  Actually they miss and make less than optimal drops all the time.  What sets them apart is their knowledge of every surface ship in the game, what are soft targets, what are hard targets, the ability to read a mini map and predict movement allowing for the most optimal use of time and resources.  Some times that means chain drops, sometimes not but those guys know what they are doing long before it has to actually be done and they remain fully aware of what both teams are doing the entire time. 

They will avoid those ships if they don't need to hit them.  They will hit them if they have to and they will hit them effectively.  

Edited by brdhntr