Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
paradat

Georgios Averof

14 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,222 posts
15,376 battles

Hey WG,

I am assuming that the Georgios Averof may make it into the game at some point. I suggest you make a Athenian trireme camo. Or rather the Large set of eyes for the bow. I think a lot of us might jump on that. The snout bow is just begging for it.

See the source image

Cheers

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,443 posts
3,305 battles

The evil eye would be a very nice camo indeed

Members
81 posts
1,987 battles

The Yavuz has to be in the game as a Tier 6/7 "European" premium BB as well. 

[ARGSY]
Members
18,956 posts
13,161 battles
44 minutes ago, jondoom said:

You mean the Goeben? She's Tier 5 at best.

OTOH if we had World of Triremes, the ramming ship would take no damage.

[NUWES]
Members
3,003 posts
9,953 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

Hey WG,

I am assuming that the Georgios Averof may make it into the game at some point. I suggest you make a Athenian trireme camo. Or rather the Large set of eyes for the bow. I think a lot of us might jump on that. The snout bow is just begging for it.

See the source image

Cheers

It is certainly doable. It would be somewhere between St. Louis and Mikasa in capability. It was one of the smaller armored cruisers and similar in size to St. Louis. Its armor is way better though (being an armored cruiser not a protected cruiser). Its guns are huge for T3 cruiser but it only has 4 main battery guns like Mikasa. I am guessing the 190mms would be treated as secondaries along with the 76mm guns. I'm not sure I would play it regularly, but I would buy it as a port queen for its history.  I think it is the only remaining armored cruiser.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,956 posts
13,161 battles
11 minutes ago, CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN said:

Forget the camo, let's get that trireme in-game!!

Tier minus fifty or something. Catches fire like nobody's business. Continuous speed about five knots, but because "speed boost" involves whipping the galley slaves harder, there's only so long and hard you can drive them before they literally start to drop dead from exhaustion. So with every use of speed boost, your UNBOOSTED speed decreases slightly.

Fun fact: last time I had my hands on a copy of Jane's All the World's Warships, that thing was listed under auxiliary units of the Greek Navy.  SHE'S AN ACTUAL WARSHIP, GUYS!!

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[SALVO]
Members
3,443 posts
3,305 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Tier minus fifty or something. Catches fire like nobody's business. Continuous speed about five knots, but because "speed boost" involves whipping the galley slaves harder, there's only so long and hard you can drive them before they literally start to drop dead from exhaustion. So with every use of speed boost, your UNBOOSTED speed decreases slightly.

Give it "Boarding Party" and it is all balanced. Commandeering an enemy ship would be hilarious. 

• Funny 1

Members
266 posts
520 battles
1 hour ago, jondoom said:

15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You mean the Goeben? She's Tier 5 at best.

I'd see her as a Tier 10 cruiser, why not? Ten 11" guns, all can fire on the broadside. Secondary armament of twelve 150mm guns, tertiary battery of eight 88mm/45cal and eight 88mm/42cal. Speed of 27.5 knots. AA armament is a mixture of 88mm DP, 40mm Vickers, 40mm Bofors, and 20mm Oerlikon.

Members
266 posts
520 battles
9 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

Its guns are huge for T3 cruiser but it only has 4 main battery guns like Mikasa. I am guessing the 190mms would be treated as secondaries along with the 76mm guns.

If you put that thing in a Tier 3 it would pretty much shred DD's with secondaries, Blap cruisers with its main battery, and absolutely wreck T4 aircraft in it's modernized version.

[WOLFG]
Members
8,874 posts
7,368 battles
Just now, black_hull4 said:

If you put that thing in a Tier 3 it would pretty much shred DD's with secondaries, Blap cruisers with its main battery, and absolutely wreck T4 aircraft in it's modernized version.

Now I want one.  

The 190s would probably have a really slow reload, nerfed range, and 5 O'clock Charlie dispersion.

Members
266 posts
520 battles

They are kind of already nerfed in real life, they have hydraulic traverse instead of the electric traverse of the main battery. So the main turrets have a faster traverse speed than the intermediate battery.

[TARK]
Members
5,665 posts
2,267 battles

I would place Georgios Averof as a tier 4.

Have only the 254 mm guns be controlled by the player, with the 190mm guns being secondaries...MAYBE with improved accuracy (using the Rhein setup)...but slow reload. The 76mm guns would not be useable.

She was always known for her survivability, not her gunfire.

Edit: IMO, this ship is actually a decent type to make a tier 5 ship...like WG did with Viribus Unitis. Make her unique in that her 190s get good range and improved accuracy...but make her speed lackluster and leave her armor as an armored cruiser...which means battleships will have an easy time with her at tier 5.

You could give her a fictional refit for AA, as her Indian Ocean service might have given her had the British not had other issues to worry about.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark

[VVV]
Members
2,660 posts
2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Edit: IMO, this ship is actually a decent type to make a tier 5 ship...like WG did with Viribus Unitis. Make her unique in that her 190s get good range and improved accuracy...but make her speed lackluster and leave her armor as an armored cruiser...which means battleships will have an easy time with her at tier 5.

Too keep up the uniqueness, don't have the 190mm secondaries fire HE. Give them Italian-style SAP. Or at least AP with British CL fuses and autobounce angles.

Also a Graf Spee style heal.

Edited by Lord_Magus

Sign in to follow this