Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
exray0

Atlanta Tropical Camo question

9 comments in this topic

Members
493 posts
4,656 battles

Is the camo coming with buffs for the ship too? Aside from GZ, has any premium ever been smashed harder with nerfs than Atlanta? The CV and IFHE reworks have gutted her.

She can't pen much in her MM spread anymore, even with IFHE.

Her vaunted AA power is now pathetic, DFAA or no.

This ship isn't even close to what we paid for.

[SVF]
Members
1,576 posts
1,871 battles
1 hour ago, exray0 said:

Is the camo coming with buffs for the ship too? Aside from GZ, has any premium ever been smashed harder with nerfs than Atlanta? The CV and IFHE reworks have gutted her.

And the funny thing is they're still charging almost 38 USD for her.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,410 posts
6,246 battles
1 minute ago, landcollector said:

And the funny thing is they're still charging almost 38 USD for her.

lol imagine still playing atlanta in the age of russian bias.

[SBS]
Members
5,387 posts
10 minutes ago, exray0 said:

Is the camo coming with buffs for the ship too?

There has been no word on the bonuses the camo will have.  Frankly, I don't know why people spend money on a camo for premium ships that already come with a permanent camo.  The only reason I'd be interested is if the camo comes with a better bonus.

As for doing something to help the Atlanta, there are a ton of idea of how to buff her.  My idea has been to give her a 5th upgrade slot. 

Members
2,886 posts
5,541 battles
14 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

There has been no word on the bonuses the camo will have.  Frankly, I don't know why people spend money on a camo for premium ships that already come with a permanent camo.  The only reason I'd be interested is if the camo comes with a better bonus.

As for doing something to help the Atlanta, there are a ton of idea of how to buff her.  My idea has been to give her a 5th upgrade slot. 

I will occasionally spring for permacamos for premium ships if I really, really love the premium ship and the permacamo looks really good. I bought the Maple Leaf camo for Haida for that reason. If I end up liking Odin and/or Siegfried, I will probably buy the Norse camo, which is gorgeous, for at least one of them. If Friesland had a permacamo that was really cool, I'd buy it. Same for Benham and Thunderer.

The upcoming National camo for Anchorage is gorgeous. If we weren't going to earn it for free, I'd probably buy it if I ended up liking Anchorage a lot.

[USCC2]
Members
5,862 posts
34 minutes ago, exray0 said:

I don't believe WG care. Atlanta was a great ship that could really pay dividends - or make you pay if you played her wrongly! :Smile_teethhappy:

But it had a specific niche and it was a good one! But then WG beat her like Negan beat Glenn to death with Lucille, releasing the AA change that was closely followed by the IFHE change.

If I sound bitter it's because she is the only ship I ever won in a SC in 3+ years - just before the changes. :Smile_teethhappy:

[SBS]
Members
5,387 posts
21 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I will occasionally spring for permacamos for premium ships if I really, really love the premium ship and the permacamo looks really good.

There are some nice looking camos for sure, but that isn't enough for me.  The Atlanta is my most played ship.  If this camo comes with a nice bonus to FXP or CXP then I might consider it.  If its the basic premium camo it's a hard pass.  I may well pass no matter the bonus because its just not a good value.  I get the price on a permanent camo for a tech tree ship since you are gaining bonuses you don't already have.

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
634 posts
13,476 battles

You do realize knowing WG and their infinite fails you more than likely will not be able to just purchase the camo. But rather you'll have to buy the ship again then you'll get ingame credits back if you already own one.  And no it will not offer alternate bonuses than the original. Youll just have trees on your deck. A bunch of additional worthless credits and less real money in your pocket. 

Sign in to follow this