You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

What Is The Point Of Going In Rank When Players Wont Fight

56 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,773 posts
21,625 battles

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh this game makes my head hurt, came out of two random games that could have been wins but weren't so against my better judgement decided to play a game of rank, had a  3 / 4 formation 3 to close cap 4 to distance I went to distant cap, we were slow of the mark getting the cap close to our spawn and the enemy pounced after they got there cap, however we got the a distant cap but the momentum was lost as we lost a early ship at failed first capping area and the match snowballed. 

Just got steamrolled as the 3 man formation ran as the enemy pushed them back to our last cap meanwhile we tried to push behind them but lost ships so what was left of us turned back to defend last cap but it was to late.

That game mistakes were made and the other team was much better it happens.

Second game is the one that grates me 

Firstly should not played it anyway its 5 / 2 formations DD and myself in BB cap B  5 formations skirmish at C against 3 ships and take it we take B enemy sends 5 ships to A and Take that, we lose 1 ship a quickly but  we have 2 caps so things looking ok, no amount of appealing to them to push a take advantage of the situation, no there just going to sit there and just pot shots and hope they hit something  instead of pushing against the 2 enemy ships falling back from C they decide to basically sit around on there laurels or they were like deer caught in headlights and could not move or something or they were expecting me in my BB facing 3 BBs, a radar cruiser and 1 DD to do there job for them.

So we are forced back we lose B cap caught in crossfire I'm sunk, The fabulous 4 at C finally start to do something as there being targeted but of course they move in dribs and drabs and are focused to death because as every one of them sinks more guns are trained on the remaining ones.

If you at least try to fight and are beaten by a better player its not fun but at least you can hold your head up and think well I did the best I could but if your going to go in there do virtually nothing apart from getting a cap and then expect someone else to fight your fights and carry because you got a cap, go play Coop and just sit at the spawn and let the bots come to you.

This passive Play B.S. is wearing really thin, and its not like I wont to get to RANK 1 far from it I usually just go to RANK 10 and call it quits as rule, this year RANK 14 would do just fine but forget it I will take my 15 and call it. 

For the life of me I don't understand why do these people play rank.

I need another drink 

Edited by tm63au
  • Boring 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,212 posts
15,343 battles

Well if players won't fight that should make for some easy wins for you.

[POP]
Members
2,773 posts
21,625 battles
4 minutes ago, paradat said:

Problem is they tend to be on my team and not the enemy.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,825 posts
13,119 battles
3 minutes ago, paradat said:

His problem is that it's HIS players that won't fight!

Randoms was little better last night. I was grinding the Kagero and sticking my neck out to cap and spot. Fine, I thought, Baltimore is behind me and will be just the backup I need if the enemy Friesland pops up in the cap.

No sooner do I get my bow across the circle than the Baltimore did a 180 degree turn and commenced kiting right to the opposite corner of the map.

That was the least of what frustrated me last night. It was appalling.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,212 posts
15,343 battles
1 minute ago, tm63au said:

Just keep playing odds are good that half of the time they will be on the enemy team or even better if they are on both teams.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[XXX]
Members
425 posts
782 battles

Ranked is EXTREMELY frustrating and it feels like whilst your in the 'beginner' ranks, anything goes and I had a 21% win rate with terrible teams. Now I've gotten under rank 10 things seem to be going my way...but that's not going to last, I know it. I doubt I'm going to rank out this season because I'm probably not good enough for it but I have managed to get to rank 9...which is nice.

Edited by Yandere_Roon
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,440 posts
14,145 battles
16 minutes ago, paradat said:

10 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Yeah the MM often unevenly distributes them onto 1 team. Or sometimes if there are enough bad players in the que they will simply unevenly distribute the good players. 

Like if you are the only decent player on your team, but the enemy gets 2-3 decent players on their team, you can see how that can be an issue. Now if they distributed the skill levels between teams more evenly then it would be at least a even playing field.

• Cool 3

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,212 posts
15,343 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

His problem is that it's HIS players that won't fight!

Randoms was little better last night. I was grinding the Kagero and sticking my neck out to cap and spot. Fine, I thought, Baltimore is behind me and will be just the backup I need if the enemy Friesland pops up in the cap.

No sooner do I get my bow across the circle than the Baltimore did a 180 degree turn and commenced kiting right to the opposite corner of the map.

That was the least of what frustrated me last night. It was appalling.

I hear you. No quicker way to stop having fun in this game than worrying about what your teammates do. 

Every play you make must be in a supported or unsupported situation.

Members
2,886 posts
5,525 battles

I had a 3:4 split on Mountain Range in Ranked two days ago. It was a three-BB, three-CA/CL, one-DD match. I was in Massachusetts and went to the B cap with a Hipper and a Cleveland. Everyone else went to C cap.  First salvo at 17 km... BANG, citadel and three pens on a hapless North Carolina. We're facing the North Carolina, and Odin, and two cruisers I can't recall. Well, RNGesus favors me, and after four salvos, I sink the North Carolina. Odin runs east. Our Hipper chases one of the enemy cruisers north to the end of the map because reasons. Cleveland and I push east, but I slow down coming past the islands because an enemy Lightning is in torpedo range. Cleveland does not slow down and gets focused by four enemy ships and dies more or less instantly. I also notice that all four of our ships that went to the C cap are now dead despite having a one-ship advantage, and they only sank one enemy ship between them. I blap an AL Montepelier and the Odin, but am gunned down by the reds coming from the C cap, the red Lightning who is now firing from smoke, and the cruiser that our Hipper was still chasing but doesn't manage to sink until about a minute after I die.

The whole time the Cleveland is raging in chat about why I didn't support him, by which he apparently meant, why I didn't rush out at full throttle into the Lightning's torpedoes, meaning that rather than being half a ship length behind him, I was a full ship length behind him.

So... 150k damage, double strike, three kills... and a loss.

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,482 posts
11,374 battles

Oh man randoms are bad when the players are in Ranked.  I had a game where I was a top player on losing team by 400 exp points. Breaking 1k exp on losing team seems like too much work.  Turns out I had 3 players that are showing RANK 5.  How did they get carried to 5?  Kremlin (was Rank 5) shooting at GK that is going Broadside shouldn't take 5 mins right to sink?  Or is turtleback that hard for some people?  

Members
708 posts
953 battles

If you lose 2 games because of bad teamates,  quit for the day and or co-op time 

It's the mm algorithm working against you. It's not your fault.

I've gotten it down to 1 game and I'm done but that takes xp so to each their own.

Edited by JaysUsedBoatParts
  • Confused 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,825 posts
13,119 battles
34 minutes ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

It's the mm algorithm working against you.

Would you like to take your tinfoil hat off and say that again so it makes sense? Something more resembling a deity and a 20-sided die?

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[BABS]
Members
239 posts
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh this game makes my head hurt, came out of two random games that could have been wins but weren't so against my better judgement decided to play a game of rank, had a  3 / 4 formation 3 to close cap 4 to distance I went to distant cap, we were slow of the mark getting the cap close to our spawn and the enemy pounced after they got there cap, however we got the a distant cap but the momentum was lost as we lost a early ship at failed first capping area and the match snowballed. 

Just got steamrolled as the 3 man formation ran as the enemy pushed them back to our last cap meanwhile we tried to push behind them but lost ships so what was left of us turned back to defend last cap but it was to late.

That game mistakes were made and the other team was much better it happens.

Second game is the one that grates me 

Firstly should not played it anyway its 5 / 2 formations DD and myself in BB cap B  5 formations skirmish at C against 3 ships and take it we take B enemy sends 5 ships to A and Take that, we lose 1 ship a quickly but  we have 2 caps so things looking ok, no amount of appealing to them to push a take advantage of the situation, no there just going to sit there and just pot shots and hope they hit something  instead of pushing against the 2 enemy ships falling back from C they decide to basically sit around on there laurels or they were like deer caught in headlights and could not move or something or they were expecting me in my BB facing 3 BBs, a radar cruiser and 1 DD to do there job for them.

So we are forced back we lose B cap caught in crossfire I'm sunk, The fabulous 4 at C finally start to do something as there being targeted but of course they move in dribs and drabs and are focused to death because as every one of them sinks more guns are trained on the remaining ones.

If you at least try to fight and are beaten by a better player its not fun but at least you can hold your head up and think well I did the best I could but if your going to go in there do virtually nothing apart from getting a cap and then expect someone else to fight your fights and carry because you got a cap, go play Coop and just sit at the spawn and let the bots come to you.

This passive Play B.S. is wearing really thin, and its not like I wont to get to RANK 1 far from it I usually just go to RANK 10 and call it quits as rule, this year RANK 14 would do just fine but forget it I will take my 15 and call it. 

For the life of me I don't understand why do these people play rank.

I need another drink 

Yeah.... I wrote a thread about such players recently and got a lot of hate for it..

The team which maintains awareness and stays on the offensive (Do not confuse with over extending) as an entire team is usually going to win.  And you are right, some of us continually get stuck with the biggest turds in the bowl.  It does happen in Ranked, Random, and Op of the week..  I've watched a couple of other players in the Killer Whale Op run to the back of the map down where the Transport ships spawn because they are trying to keep their full health in tact.  When you message them and tell them there are three minutes left, get to the cap, they respond with a "negative" and then hide behind an island, guaranteeing a fail for the op. 

Last night in a random there was two North Carolina's, one of whom said "Sit back guys, I got this...."  He went up to help cap A, and then sat there behind an island.  A was capped, but they refused to move from it.  I spent over 7 minutes trying to get them to come to B and help, but they sat up there and slowly died, allowing some of our other ships to die because they didnt have backup.   Mr. Mouth personally let 3 of his own group go out without so much moving to cover them one by one until he was the second to last in. This is why I am of the belief that Stats dont matter.. If you get stuck with a bad team, no matter how good you play your stats are going to suffer and there is always going to be that one r3%@^d who will try and stat shame you over your win rate, that in a team based game is something you have zero control over. The entire team either wins or the entire team loses, there is no individual performance Win stat. 

• Boring 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,440 posts
14,145 battles
2 minutes ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

Yeah.... I wrote a thread about such players recently and got a lot of hate for it..

The team which maintains awareness and stays on the offensive (Do not confuse with over extending) as an entire team is usually going to win.  And you are right, some of us continually get stuck with the biggest turds in the bowl.  It does happen in Ranked, Random, and Op of the week..  I've watched a couple of other players in the Killer Whale Op run to the back of the map down where the Transport ships spawn because they are trying to keep their full health in tact.  When you message them and tell them there are three minutes left, get to the cap, they respond with a "negative" and then hide behind an island, guaranteeing a fail for the op. 

Last night in a random there was two North Carolina's, one of whom said "Sit back guys, I got this...."  He went up to help cap A, and then sat there behind an island.  A was capped, but they refused to move from it.  I spent over 7 minutes trying to get them to come to B and help, but they sat up there and slowly died, allowing some of our other ships to die because they didnt have backup.   Mr. Mouth personally let 3 of his own group go out without so much moving to cover them one by one until he was the second to last in. This is why I am of the belief that Stats dont matter.. If you get stuck with a bad team, no matter how good you play your stats are going to suffer and there is always going to be that one r3%@^d who will try and stat shame you over your win rate, that in a team based game is something you have zero control over. The entire team either wins or the entire team loses, there is no individual performance Win stat. 

Not only being on the offensive, but also knowing when to instead be on the defensive is important as well. Like when you have 2 caps, enough ships to hold them, but prevent badly not enough to risk going on an all out defensive is a good example of when to defend.

[BABS]
Members
239 posts
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Not only being on the offensive, but also knowing when to instead be on the defensive is important as well. Like when you have 2 caps, enough ships to hold them, but prevent badly not enough to risk going on an all out defensive is a good example of when to defend.

Yep, there are times you need to look at the timer and the points balance and just say "If we keep from getting any of the ships we have right now from being sunk we win.."  

I'll always take a points win when the time runs out...  But you have to make the most of the first 15 minutes to get to that position.... Too many want start playing "Hidey Hidey Seeky Boo" at six minutes in, particularly battleships sitting along the second map row because the idea of moving forward where they could actually support their team mates with accurate fire scares the liquid right out of them. 

Members
708 posts
953 battles
56 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Would you like to take your tinfoil hat off and say that again so it makes sense? Something more resembling a deity and a 20-sided die?

Says the weegee fanboy 

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,440 posts
14,145 battles
4 minutes ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

Yep, there are times you need to look at the timer and the points balance and just say "If we keep from getting any of the ships we have right now from being sunk we win.."  

I'll always take a points win when the time runs out...  But you have to make the most of the first 15 minutes to get to that position.... Too many want start playing "Hidey Hidey Seeky Boo" at six minutes in, particularly battleships sitting along the second map row because the idea of moving forward where they could actually support their team mates with accurate fire scares the liquid right out of them. 

That is why in Randoms months ago I started using Shimakaze with the 20km torpedoes and with some practice became skilled at using them. So no matter if I have to deal with close, mid range, or long range targets I can manage. Particularly on certain maps where radar CAs can hide behind islands to make impenetrable Radar wall, CVs can also patrol the few channel passes, and the BBs patrol beyond conventional torpedo ranges the long ranged torpedoes can allow me to come away with a good score at minimum, or even change the course of battles.

Thankfully Ranked the season favors mid to close range fighting this season so ships like my Bismarck are thriving. Bismarck combines the powers of a BB and a CL together into 1 ship if you have full secondary build on it. So in essence it can make up for some shortcomings of teams. And the Anti Aircraft abilities of the ship while not the best are still reasonable.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,825 posts
13,119 battles
4 minutes ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

Says the weegee fanboy 

Is that the best retort you've got? 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
27,388 posts
7,350 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

He's just frustrated because he can't be nice enough to WG to get the regular MM like everyone else, and he refuses to pay for 07-level MM...:Smile_trollface:

[ARGSY]
Members
18,825 posts
13,119 battles
4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

07-level MM...

Well, let's face it - when you are super-unicum and have proved yourself to be one of the best in the world, you are by definition ALWAYS going to be matched up against inferior players. It's literally unavoidable! :cap_like:

There's just that annoying little detail about working your backside off to get there... :cap_hmm: If I could only get that part right, I'd have it made! :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Thanks 1

[BABS]
Members
239 posts
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

He's just frustrated because he can't be nice enough to WG to get the regular MM like everyone else, and he refuses to pay for 07-level MM...:Smile_trollface:

Seems more like he was frustrated with a personal attack that was leveled at him and chose to return the same...  

• Cool 1

[BABS]
Members
239 posts
9 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

That is why in Randoms months ago I started using Shimakaze with the 20km torpedoes and with some practice became skilled at using them. So no matter if I have to deal with close, mid range, or long range targets I can manage. Particularly on certain maps where radar CAs can hide behind islands to make impenetrable Radar wall, CVs can also patrol the few channel passes, and the BBs patrol beyond conventional torpedo ranges the long ranged torpedoes can allow me to come away with a good score at minimum, or even change the course of battles.

Thankfully Ranked the season favors mid to close range fighting this season so ships like my Bismarck are thriving. Bismarck combines the powers of a BB and a CL together into 1 ship if you have full secondary build on it. So in essence it can make up for some shortcomings of teams. And the Anti Aircraft abilities of the ship while not the best are still reasonable.

In agreement...

Personally, those 20km torps have their own issues...  If a CV flies over them, they are spotted to soon and given their speed easily avoidable.. You have to hope the enemy is not paying attention or forgets what path they were on....  Then again, given the "Quality" of many players currently in the game...  Yeah, I can see why you are successful with them..  07

[ARGSY]
Members
18,825 posts
13,119 battles
1 minute ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

Seems more like he was frustrated with a personal attack that was leveled at him and chose to return the same...  

Personal attack? Hmm, telling him that maybe he's leaning toward the conspiracy theory side of things by accusing MM of having it in for him rather than bad luck was a personal attack?

Believe you me, I am quite capable of making things VERY personal - but the rules of the forum require otherwise. I called him out on his behaviour, not anything to do with him in particular.

[WOLFG]
Members
8,835 posts
7,308 battles
1 minute ago, Capt_Conundrum said:

In agreement...

Personally, those 20km torps have their own issues...  If a CV flies over them, they are spotted to soon and given their speed easily avoidable.. You have to hope the enemy is not paying attention or forgets what path they were on....  Then again, given the "Quality" of many players currently in the game...  Yeah, I can see why you are successful with them..  07

I don't think planes spot torps anymore.

Members
708 posts
953 battles

12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

7 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Weegee fanboys, hello and here is your attention and kissy kissy

But sometimes you gotta help the Op's out not make it about yourselves and just take take take

Pow pow ping pong pow

• Boring 1