Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Treeodeth

Tier 6 CB

Who likes tier 6 CB   

25 members have voted

  1. 1. Tier 6 CB

    • Like
      17
    • Hate them soooooooooooooooo much
      8

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

48
[ASHIP]
[ASHIP]
Members
79 posts
21,255 battles

Just wondering if its just me and my clan who HATE tier 6 CB as clan battles seem to be an endgame content and are enjoyable at tier 10. Tier 6 is just ehhhhhhh. We wont even get into the CV thing.

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,073
[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,352 posts
6,946 battles
Just now, Treeodeth said:

Just wondering if its just me and my clan who HATE tier 6 CB as clan battles seem to be an endgame content and are enjoyable at tier 10. Tier 6 is just ehhhhhhh. We wont even get into the CV thing.

Dunno, I think it's interesting to change things up. 

You see who has the raw skill when you don't have all the bells and whistles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
158 posts
1,606 battles
3 minutes ago, Treeodeth said:

 We wont even get into the CV thing.

but that's the entire reason they shifted to tier 6 for this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,299
[-BUI-]
Members
2,703 posts
7,030 battles

CB in general need to have a hard limit of 1 of a specific ship per side.    So no 6 Graf Spee's, just 1 per side.    This would greatly increase ship diversity and improve the experience for everyone I think.    I don't think people like being forced to play Graf Spee.

T6 CVs aren't a big deal, I've seen more teams running Battleships personally.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
980
[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,159 posts
8,955 battles
30 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

CB in general need to have a hard limit of 1 of a specific ship per side.    So no 6 Graf Spee's, just 1 per side.    This would greatly increase ship diversity and improve the experience for everyone I think.    I don't think people like being forced to play Graf Spee.

T6 CVs aren't a big deal, I've seen more teams running Battleships personally.

agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
354
[DOG]
Members
1,299 posts
13,475 battles

I think the idea behind tier VI was to get a season with no radar.  When I play a DD, I still catch myself trying to count how many radars are on the red team, and what their maximum range is.  And every time the answer is "none."  And there haven't been that many CVs.  I've been playing T-61 mostly, which has reasonable AA for a tier VI DDwhich isn't saying much.  And when I'm not playing that, I'm taking Nurnberg out, and really missing the C hull.  Did WG ever give a reason for just eliminating the C hull?  If I had to guess, there will be a premium version of Nurnberg released at some point that has better AA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
136
[DJL]
Members
242 posts
7,177 battles

I myself love tier 6 clan battles let's more of the player base join in that don't have tier 10s yet more steel for the bottom line players. Alot of good t6 ships yet you mostly see the spee wish people would use a little more mixed bag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,292
[KAG]
Members
1,355 posts
12,890 battles
1 hour ago, BasedCoomer said:

but that's the entire reason they shifted to tier 6 for this season.

Unfortunately for WG, their plan may have backfired.  In the top 20 clans, there in only one successful BB comp, the rest run a CV.  We abandoned our BB comp in favor of a green CV player and still did better.  Spotting is king any way you look at it.  The days of tactics that don’t involve a CV are pretty much over IMO.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,494
[WOLFC]
Members
2,728 posts
11,235 battles
11 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

Did WG ever give a reason for just eliminating the C hull?  If I had to guess, there will be a premium version of Nurnberg released at some point that has better AA.

When WG introduced the new equipment interface, they also eliminated many of the sidegrade options you could research, such as C hull Nurnberg and the C (AA) hull on many US DDs. The reasoning was to supposedly make progression simpler.

Btw, a premium Nurnberg with better AA, no catapult fighter, and only 3x2 torpedoes already does exist, albeit as a Soviet ship: Admiral Makarov. I suspect her return to availability might also have been part of the reason Nurnberg lost her C hull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48
[ASHIP]
[ASHIP]
Members
79 posts
21,255 battles
1 hour ago, Zenn3k said:

CB in general need to have a hard limit of 1 of a specific ship per side.    So no 6 Graf Spee's, just 1 per side.    This would greatly increase ship diversity and improve the experience for everyone I think.    I don't think people like being forced to play Graf Spee.

T6 CVs aren't a big deal, I've seen more teams running Battleships personally.

I've seen close to 75% running CV and the BB's we go against get smashed fairly easily as we out spot that team. Cv focuses down a dd that has a tiny HP pool smoke doesnt last that long for most dds at this tier and the CD is close to 2 mins so that's 2 mins of cv on dd love.

For me i just prefer tier 8-10 for end game content as you get a full ship not half of one. Ranked sprint for tier 6 sure clan battles for tier 6 hell no.

24 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

Unfortunately for WG, their plan may have backfired.  In the top 20 clans, there in only one successful BB comp, the rest run a CV.  We abandoned our BB comp in favor of a green CV player and still did better.  Spotting is king any way you look at it.  The days of tactics that don’t involve a CV are pretty much over IMO.  

^^^^^^^^^^^^exactly who would run a bb when a cv has the power to keep the spotting advantage and take out the enemy dds and island hugger cruisers.

1 hour ago, Zenn3k said:

CB in general need to have a hard limit of 1 of a specific ship per side.    So no 6 Graf Spee's, just 1 per side.    This would greatly increase ship diversity and improve the experience for everyone I think.    I don't think people like being forced to play Graf Spee.

T6 CVs aren't a big deal, I've seen more teams running Battleships personally.

As far as 1 of a specific ship seems a bit small i would be happy with 2-3 limit and we dont run more then one Graf Spee anyway as its fire rate is terrible its got a little 6k heal but can be burned down by a dd solo if the dds good enough. Ive taken down many a spee this season with little difficulty and the teams running 4-5 Graf's are pretty easy to kite out and burn down while taking the caps they leave or just left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,299
[-BUI-]
Members
2,703 posts
7,030 battles
4 minutes ago, Treeodeth said:

I've seen close to 75% running CV and the BB's we go against get smashed fairly easily as we out spot that team. Cv focuses down a dd that has a tiny HP pool smoke doesnt last that long for most dds at this tier and the CD is close to 2 mins so that's 2 mins of cv on dd love.

I don't claim to be in the most competitive clan with the best players or anything, but we find the teams with a BB just out-gun us most of the time.   Sure, I can fly around and spot the whole team, but their BB is constantly chunking us for huge damage and nothing my CV can do can match that damage output.

I've personally had no issues when I play a T-61 against a CV, just smoke up and stay sorta close to my cruisers, its never been an issue.

I'm also not much of a fan of Graf Spee, I try to use London when I do use a cruiser and I don't do very well, hence my I switched up to T-61, I'm just better in DDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[F4E]
Members
403 posts
6,722 battles

What we saw in T10 is what is happening in T6 with BB/CV's.

A bad BB team will beat a bad CV team.

A good BB team will lose to a good CV team.

It really depends on where you (your clan is) to determine what you should take and face.  Storm league has an interesting mix of both.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
746
[USN]
Members
1,629 posts
21,086 battles

This season has been quite enjoyable, although anything is better than last season. T6 has shaken things up, and I really haven’t seen CVs be as strong as their T10 counters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
915
[_PEWP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,467 posts
13,418 battles

I have enjoyed it very much but do not want to see it every season. Maybe every 4th or 5th season to mix it up. What I like too is that T6 CVs do not influence a battle as much as a T10 one can. You don't HAVE to run a T6 CV to do well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48
[ASHIP]
[ASHIP]
Members
79 posts
21,255 battles

i would rather have had a tier 9 CB season if they wanted to change things up or even god forbid a tier 8 CB 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
385
[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,377 posts
9 hours ago, zubalkabir said:

I think the idea behind tier VI was to get a season with no radar.  When I play a DD, I still catch myself trying to count how many radars are on the red team, and what their maximum range is.  And every time the answer is "none."  And there haven't been that many CVs.  I've been playing T-61 mostly, which has reasonable AA for a tier VI DDwhich isn't saying much.  And when I'm not playing that, I'm taking Nurnberg out, and really missing the C hull.  Did WG ever give a reason for just eliminating the C hull?  If I had to guess, there will be a premium version of Nurnberg released at some point that has better AA.

They didn't give a reason but seeing as all the C-hulls that were removed were AA side-grades it seems pretty obvious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×