You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

French dual divided internal bulkhead turrets

12 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,826 posts
21,521 battles

I was doing some reading on the French battleships and I found out that the turrets for Normandie, Dunkerque, Lyon, Richelieu, Gascogne, Alsace, Jean Bart, Republic, and Bourgogne had the divided internal bulkhead for their turrets to prevent all four guns from being knocked out by critical hits. So when guns are incapacitated on these ships listed above, it should be only two guns and not four guns that are affected. That is why the turret render looks off with these ships. Are the WoWS developers aware of this fact? Would you like to see the dual bulkheads in WoWS?

Edited by Tpaktop2_1
  • Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,187 posts
28,076 battles

Yes.

Too much trouble to program for ‘two’ turrets on the same ‘mount,’ was the paraphrased explanation, iirc.

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

Can we stop with the "hey in real life" because it's an arcade game not a simulator!!!

Otherwise most BB shells would miss, torpedoes would sink ships after 1 or 2 strikes not 5-6, etc.

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,826 posts
21,521 battles
13 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Can we stop with the "hey in real life" because it's an arcade game not a simulator!!!

Otherwise most BB shells would miss, torpedoes would sink ships after 1 or 2 strikes not 5-6, etc.

I am not asking for simulator, just a plausible arcade game. Why else would the French design these turrets? And why deny they could be a unique national characteristics with the French BBs?

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
1 hour ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

I am not asking for simulator, just a plausible arcade game. Why else would the French design these turrets? And why deny they could be a unique national characteristics with the French BBs?

The only thing plausible about this game is that some of the ships existed. After that not much else especially when the strongest navies/ship classes have been power creeped out of the game by countries that were never strong.

• Meh 1

[FURIA]
WoWS Community Contributors
2,084 posts
6,309 battles
On 7/31/2020 at 10:40 AM, Tpaktop2_1 said:

I was doing some reading on the French battleships and I found out that the turrets for Normandie, Dunkerque, Lyon, Richelieu, Gascogne, Alsace, Jean Bart, Republic, and Bourgogne had the divided internal bulkhead for their turrets to prevent all four guns from being knocked out by critical hits. So when guns are incapacitated on these ships listed above, it should be only two guns and not four guns that are affected. That is why the turret render looks off with these ships. Are the WoWS developers aware of this fact? Would you like to see the dual bulkheads in WoWS?

Thats something qe are missing and may help made the frencha. Bit more popular. I dont thinks is so hard to code.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,322 posts
12,949 battles
On 7/31/2020 at 9:40 AM, Tpaktop2_1 said:

If WG did this for the MN ships they'd have to do so for the Americans with our three gun turret design. I don't know how many USN ships had that turret layout, but the Iowa's certainly had them.

[FURIA]
WoWS Community Contributors
2,084 posts
6,309 battles
2 hours ago, Crokodone said:

If WG did this for the MN ships they'd have to do so for the Americans with our three gun turret design. I don't know how many USN ships had that turret layout, but the Iowa's certainly had them.

It could be done. I think both change may affect the balance. Yet nothing game breaker.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,322 posts
12,949 battles
On 8/27/2020 at 11:34 AM, Talleyrand said:

It could be done. I think both change may affect the balance. Yet nothing game breaker.

Game breaker: no. Game maker: yes. This game needs more dicersity and versatility.

• Cool 1

Members
1,008 posts
6,589 battles
On 7/31/2020 at 10:18 AM, Estimated_Prophet said:

Yes.

Too much trouble to program for ‘two’ turrets on the same ‘mount,’ was the paraphrased explanation, iirc.

Then at least the French turrets should receive a buff to double their health, like what was given to Sov Soyuz during testing.

[SPTR]
Members
27,587 posts
17,870 battles

Im all for internal bulkhead or double Hp buffs for their turrets after experiencing loosing both my Bourgogne's front main batteries in a rank match 2 days ago:

shot-20.09.20_21.42.27-0181.jpg

shot-20.09.20_21.47.04-0646.jpg

[REVY]
Members
8,416 posts
6,118 battles

Yeah, it seems like nonsense for the Richelieu to so easily lose a turret from shell impacts on the front.  That's half the firepower getting lost and for whatever reason 430mm armor isn't enough to stop 15" guns at long range.  I've been told it's because the turrets use an HP system and the extra wide quad turrets end up soaking up more shells which is why the French tend to be among the few Battleships that have turrets that will regularly break.

U8bs0YK.jpg

5VJpysH.jpg

Edited by Sventex