Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

French dual divided internal bulkhead turrets

5 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,527 posts
18,798 battles

I was doing some reading on the French battleships and I found out that the turrets for Normandie, Dunkerque, Lyon, Richelieu, Gascogne, Alsace, Jean Bart, Republic, and Bourgogne had the divided internal bulkhead for their turrets to prevent all four guns from being knocked out by critical hits. So when guns are incapacitated on these ships listed above, it should be only two guns and not four guns that are affected. That is why the turret render looks off with these ships. Are the WoWS developers aware of this fact? Would you like to see the dual bulkheads in WoWS?

Edited by Tpaktop2_1

[RLGN]
Members
13,730 posts
23,956 battles

Yes.

Too much trouble to program for ‘two’ turrets on the same ‘mount,’ was the paraphrased explanation, iirc.

Members
3,694 posts
21,952 battles

Can we stop with the "hey in real life" because it's an arcade game not a simulator!!!

Otherwise most BB shells would miss, torpedoes would sink ships after 1 or 2 strikes not 5-6, etc.

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,527 posts
18,798 battles
13 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Can we stop with the "hey in real life" because it's an arcade game not a simulator!!!

Otherwise most BB shells would miss, torpedoes would sink ships after 1 or 2 strikes not 5-6, etc.

I am not asking for simulator, just a plausible arcade game. Why else would the French design these turrets? And why deny they could be a unique national characteristics with the French BBs?

Members
3,694 posts
21,952 battles
1 hour ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

I am not asking for simulator, just a plausible arcade game. Why else would the French design these turrets? And why deny they could be a unique national characteristics with the French BBs?

The only thing plausible about this game is that some of the ships existed. After that not much else especially when the strongest navies/ship classes have been power creeped out of the game by countries that were never strong.

Sign in to follow this