You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ReddNekk

Indy love?

16 comments in this topic

Members
4,425 posts
18,341 battles

So WG, when is Indianapolis going to get the same armor upgrade that New Orleans and Pensacola got in patch 0.9.3? It's been almost 4 months so....?

• Cool 6

Members
237 posts
4,749 battles

I forgot about this. Any excuse to play Indy is a good one, she's definitely missing something to keep her in line with the NO

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
25,718 posts
22,633 battles

Just because the tech tree ships got the buffs doesn't mean the Premiums of that same tier will get the same benefit.  I point to the USN BB Buffs on December 19, 2018 that only improved most of the tech tree ships while none of the Premiums saw the changes.  Iowa for example got the buffs but Missouri saw none of it.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.7.12#US_battleships

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[WOLFC]
Members
1,323 posts
8,480 battles

Indianapolis is a premium, meaning WG will be unable to undo any buff without upsetting a vocal section of the playerbase. WG is either taking their sweet time to collect as much data as they feel necessary before pulling the trigger, or as @HazeGrayUnderway suggested, they have no intention of buffing the ship at all. I get the feeling going forward that outside of global buffs, WG is going to be extremely reluctant to buff any premium ship unless it is severely underperforming. The risk that they will go to far and end up having to remove it from sale (at which point it is no longer a money-making asset) is just too great.

It turns out you can’t have your cake and eat it too. Who would have thought?

Edited by Nevermore135

[-K-]
Members
8,184 posts
13,478 battles
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Just because the tech tree ships got the buffs doesn't mean the Premiums of that same tier will get the same benefit.  I point to the USN BB Buffs on December 19, 2018 that only improved most of the tech tree ships while none of the Premiums saw the changes.  Iowa for example got the buffs but Missouri saw none of it.

Of course.

But it would be nice to see Indianapolis get the same minor armor upgrades that New Orleans received.  I like playing Indy, but it certainly is a tough go with a 16mm bow, especially when bottom-tiered.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,681 posts
43 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

The risk that they will go to far and end up having to remove it from sale (at which point it is no longer a money-making asset) is just too great.

I think they've shown it is very possible for them to conjure up a variant or two, altered however they see fit and release it. So they can do this if they feel they have not totally drained a cash cow. But if they ever made the claim the armor changes were global, they're stuck. 

Heck, she's probably part of everyone's mothball fleet. Sometimes I even forget I have her. She need to be promoted somehow, eh, get us all back aboard, fighting the good fights. 

[-1]
Members
579 posts
9,068 battles
23 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Of course.

But it would be nice to see Indianapolis get the same minor armor upgrades that New Orleans received.  I like playing Indy, but it certainly is a tough go with a 16mm bow, especially when bottom-tiered.

That's why WG will release Indianapolis' XX so you can buy the improved version )))

Just like Belfast, you know.

[--V--]
Members
1,296 posts
13,072 battles

Love my Indy.  Play her all the time.  Don't see her really needing a buff though.  The one Premium ship that needs several buffs is California.  She's so disappointing.

[-K-]
Members
8,184 posts
13,478 battles
50 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

That's why WG will release Indianapolis' XX so you can buy the improved version )))

Sadly, you're probably right.

It's likely the route we'll see taken when all the original premium ships are accounted for.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,564 posts
2,358 battles
2 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Indianapolis is a premium, meaning WG will be unable to undo any buff without upsetting a vocal section of the playerbase. WG is either taking their sweet time to collect as much data as they feel necessary before pulling the trigger, or as @HazeGrayUnderway suggested, they have no intention of buffing the ship at all. I get the feeling going forward that outside of global buffs, WG is going to be extremely reluctant to buff any premium ship unless it is severely underperforming. The risk that they will go to far and end up having to remove it from sale (at which point it is no longer a money-making asset) is just too great.

I'm 100% positive a minor armor buff will not make Indianapolis too powerful.

• Cool 1

[G-B-U]
Members
58 posts
4,433 battles
28 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

I'm 100% positive a minor armor buff will not make Indianapolis too powerful.

2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Of course.

You both used the word "minor"  I don't think that word means what you think it means.  The change to New Orleans RADICALLY changed her capabilities.  New Orleans/Indianapolis face a LOT of 14inch guns and that 25mm vs 16mm makes a huge difference when you know what you are doing. 

6 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

2 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

This^^, they seem very loathe to change a premium on it's own, even semi-global changes like the USN DD antiaircraft update coming don't effect premiums like Hill or Kidd

1 hour ago, dimzzy said:

You understand the problem with this idea, right?  (Watch Jaws :cap_fainting:)  Belfast still exists, you can go visit her in Britain.  (not bashing, just saying SOME people might have issues with that)

[-K-]
Members
8,184 posts
13,478 battles
5 minutes ago, Feldo357 said:

You understand the problem with this idea, right?  (Watch Jaws :cap_fainting:)  Belfast still exists, you can go visit her in Britain.  (not bashing, just saying SOME people might have issues with that)

Likely the same small group that originally had issue with Arizona being added to game years ago.

Members
1,040 posts
6,438 battles
8 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

So WG, when is Indianapolis going to get the same armor upgrade that New Orleans and Pensacola got in patch 0.9.3? It's been almost 4 months so....?

If they won't nerf prems , then they don't need buffs  Caveat emptor.

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,891 posts
8,841 battles

I forgot that Indie even exists, or that I have her in port (through a lootbox). She was always barely mediocre at best.

[THREE]
Members
2,320 posts
12,510 battles

Hey

Remember too that Indy did get buffed early in her existence to correct an armor flaw, but I doubt seriously Wargaming will put any effort into her.  They are too busy on new Meh ships and can't even find time to do new operations, new campaigns, much less worrying about Indy and a few other ships that have been severely power crept.

Pete