Sign in to follow this  
kiwi1960

CoOp Playing Tips! Play better, play to win.

4 comments in this topic

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,070 posts

Please follow the link in my signature and read why I only have six months to live... (just a heads up)

I am no expert playing the game, but I'm not a noob either... I have years of experience playing CoOp ... I started playing soon after the game launched...

I stopped playing random a very long time because of some Ego's in chat spoiling the game for me and others, I admit, I did lose my temper a few times myself, so I include myself in that list.

I've wanted to do a tips and help guide for a very long time, and given my very short life span now, I thought, why not now? If this is the first and last time I post, then at least I can say I started...

So, a MAJOR tip for CoOp play first up, and sure, you COULD use this trick in random but I doubt you'd get close enough to the enemy to  use it.

We all know that driving a car isn't easy, we have all seen what a head on collision can do.... its no different for ships.

THIS is the result.

ma8-300x200.jpg

When you ram a ship head on, its instant death....

BUT..... if you are driving a BB... (I use the Jean Bart) and run the RAM FLAG then is is what you do.... (RAM FLAG: damage CAUSED +50%, damage RECEIVED -20%)

SLIDE ALONG THE ENEMIES SIDE....

The damage isn't instant, no head on collision! The damage caused and taken will slowly rise... so, if instant, its done, you are both dead, no matter what HP either ship has (to a point).

In my Jean Bart, in one game, I found two enemy ships heading to ram me, the DD was following a Cruiser... so, I just rammed the DD, no big deal, then I slid along the cruisers hull and because it wasn't instant, killed him as well.

My health wasn't all that low, I merely used a HEAL and that enabled me to continue playing and its just as well, I ended up having to slide along the hull of the last BB on the enemy team.

THREE rams and not out.

But of course, that depends on the ship you have and you must fly the RAM flag.

Thanks for reading.

• Cool 7

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,070 posts
3 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Good tip - I bet a lot of folks don't consider it either! :cap_like:

I hope they do, I discovered it quite by accident and had perfected to a near art form... :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
6,758 posts
12,935 battles

Kongo and PEF are my favorite ram-ships.  Don't forget the speed flags with the ramming flag.

AND -- Don't shoot the ship you will be ramming..   Shoot a different one.

PEF_Floods.jpg

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this