Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Wg server or ISP?

78 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,811
[TDRB]
Members
4,553 posts
12,779 battles

The game is having lag problems. My ship is jumping across the screen instead of a smooth flow. Yes, my ping rate is spiking everytime my ship hesitates. I restarted the game twice but no change.

Is anyone else having issues?

Edited by kgh52
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,829
Members
5,219 posts

Not having that issue here.  Was smooth as a baby's behind when I played 30 minutes ago.

EDIT: I *think* you can tracert (or pingplotter if you want it pretty) to login1.worldofwarships.com to trace it.  Last I knew WoWS NA server was in San Jose.

Hmm.  Looks like na.worldofwarships.com may be what I'm looking for.  Traces through telia.net, and that's where a lot of people get hung up.

 

Edited by Kirov_Six
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,055 posts
10,060 battles

WG is almost certainly going to say it’s you or your isp, but I’ve seen a fair number of people on reddit saying the same thing today (sudden atypical lag spikes and massive ping jumps) so there could be something going on. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
257
[-TNT-]
Members
939 posts
18,462 battles
17 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

The game is having lag problems. My ship is jumping across the screen instead of a smooth flow. Yes, my ping rate is spiking everytime my ship hesitates. I restarted the game twice but no change.

Is anyone else having issues?

It's their server. I have been experiencing issues that my forum page would not load correctly https://prnt.sc/trjusx.  I had to enter the World of Warships home then link the link to the forum and this loaded https://prnt.sc/trjwf0  .  Werid!  Addidtionally, I have been experiencing lag spikes while in CO-OP matches. I checked my router/ISP and did ping tests.  Everything is fine on my end.  I believe its the de-sink that "Flamu showed in his youtube some months ago. I aim at an enemy bot shoot only to see the ship warp forward and explode!!!! weird!!!

Edited by Kestrel_Falcon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,829
Members
5,219 posts
3 minutes ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

It's their server. I have been experiencing issues that my forum page would not load correctly https://prnt.sc/trjusx.  I had to enter the World of Warships home then link the link to the forum and this loaded https://prnt.sc/trjwf0  .  Werid!

What you describe there could still be a bad route from you to them.  I have had no issues at all with getting to the forum or the game today.  

Just depends what's broken out there and whether it lies in your path to the server.  If the server was down, or strange for me, I might think you were more correct, but...servers are down for everyone if they're down.  Bad routes, on the other hand (along with other internet issues) can be spread across whoever has a path that goes the 'wrong' way.

tl;dr: If it's having problems pretty universally, it's the server.  If other people are playing just fine, but you and some others are having issues, it's the routing somewhere.

Edited by Kirov_Six

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53
[NAUT]
Members
27 posts
6,317 battles
18 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

The game is having lag problems. My ship is jumping across the screen instead of a smooth flow. Yes, my ping rate is spiking everytime my ship hesitates. I restarted the game twice but no change.

Is anyone else having issues?

I had these issues all night as well as my fellow clan members on the west coast. Tho our members on the east coast had no issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
257
[-TNT-]
Members
939 posts
18,462 battles
2 minutes ago, Kirov_Six said:

What you describe there could still be a bad route from you to them.  I have had no issues at all with getting to the forum or the game today.  

Just depends what's broken out there and whether it lies in your path to the server.  If the server was down, or strange for me, I might think you were more correct, but...servers are down for everyone if they're down.  Bad routes, on the other hand (along with other internet issues) can be spread across whoever has a path that goes the 'wrong' way.

I logged onto World of Tanks and did not experience any of the issues I am having with World of Ships.   Also of note, I even changed to the SA server which the MS ping is worst than NA server. No issues!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,885 posts
5,525 battles

I have been having this issue in the Midwest. It's not game-breaking, but I get ping spikes from 75-1500 for just a second or so at a time in every other game or so, but it tends to happen a lot in rapid succession. Fortunately they don't last long enough to totally ruin the game. Many people in chat in the last two days have said the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,811
[TDRB]
Members
4,553 posts
12,779 battles

It is hard to pin down where the problem is. My son & I were using Skype at the same time we were playing. Neither of us was getting a good reception over Skype but no issues with WG. He has a different ISP.

It is not uncommon for a Window's update to cause trouble. A Windows update turned off my lan port. Good thing one of my sons is in the tech industry.

Quote

but...servers are down for everyone if they're down.

Servers can cause issues without being down. We see this to varying degrees with almost every new patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,393
[RKLES]
Members
12,440 posts
14,145 battles
1 hour ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

WG is almost certainly going to say it’s you or your isp, but I’ve seen a fair number of people on reddit saying the same thing today (sudden atypical lag spikes and massive ping jumps) so there could be something going on. 

Yeah it is so often their servers or their game code that is messed up and causing issues and takes enough players complaining about it before they fix it sometimes. Lol but in a fun twist of fate I once again am running just fine when at times in the past I was not. Which might explain my great Ranked progress within last few hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[LBA]
Members
17 posts
2,549 battles

Play NA and Asia server. Found ping spikes as well from 35-1500 on NA server since game center was installed but not on Asia server, so can only assume NA problem. Play into NA sever from Asia for Clan once a week same problem (so far not often) but makes an interesting game as some of us are effected on both side. Those not affected sink the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
24 posts
9,501 battles

I frequently have this issue in the game. I have run ping potter until the results would reach the moon. I used to work for an ISP before becoming disabled in an accident. 99% of the time I have caught the issue live, it has been "internet" or routing troubles. Ping will give you the health of your connection end to end. (Computer to server and back) FPS is a hardware performance issue on either your computer or their servers. Typically if it is there server, you will drop, get logged off or other annoying issues like that. Windows update, security software such as an antivirus or other software that install unattended can cause a lot of game issues. Lan lines to your router instead of WiFi can also help if you share your internet with other people living in your house. You can have all the bandwidth in the world and have connection issues if your router isn't strong enough to maintain the connection to the 20 devices you have. ISP routers are some of the worst.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[SLDS]
Members
44 posts
5,545 battles

Been having problems today even though I almost never do, thought it was just me... till people asked if it was just them in chat. turns out it wasn’t just a few of us having issues. On the bright side I seem to deal with it much better than most, so I actually progressed a few ranks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
84
[90THF]
Beta Testers
133 posts
10,036 battles

The increased number of pink players, from leaving the game (logouts), alone says that there is something going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
267
[PHD]
Members
1,311 posts
5,730 battles

I had the worst lag I have ever experienced last night (8 PM EDT) playing PvE on Neighbors map another player had the same issue.  I  only played the one match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
612
[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,527 posts
18,798 battles

What does the WGCheck report shows for the network connection? I would start there first to check on your connections.The file is in C:\Games\World_of_Warships_NA\WGCheck directory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,829
Members
5,219 posts
7 hours ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

I logged onto World of Tanks and did not experience any of the issues I am having with World of Ships.   Also of note, I even changed to the SA server which the MS ping is worst than NA server. No issues!

WoT server is not in the same place, geographically, as the WoWS server.  Apples and oranges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,829
Members
5,219 posts
7 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I have been having this issue in the Midwest. It's not game-breaking, but I get ping spikes from 75-1500 for just a second or so at a time in every other game or so, but it tends to happen a lot in rapid succession. Fortunately they don't last long enough to totally ruin the game. Many people in chat in the last two days have said the same.

See, I'm in the Midwest, and I'm having no issues at all.  Depends on your ISP.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,621
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,448 posts
10,877 battles

I’m on the east coast I had some lag and freezing issues they don’t last long and there few and far between . Starting happing a few days ago . Again it’s really nothing but I did notice it . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[90THC]
Members
13 posts
10,721 battles

Started last week, not all the time, but Saturday and Sunday the ping spikes made it basically unplayable. It's been okay this wee, except for Wednesday. Other clan members have reported the same issues.  They clearly occurred  during gun firing and multiple boats visible. I had done some tests, using VPN, and an alternate ISP as well, it is clearly a WG problem

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,811
[TDRB]
Members
4,553 posts
12,779 battles
1 hour ago, clammboy said:

I’m on the east coast I had some lag and freezing issues they don’t last long and there few and far between . Starting happing a few days ago . Again it’s really nothing but I did notice it . 

Last night it was enough to effect the game for me.

I do have a good ISP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,977
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,212 posts
15,343 battles
11 hours ago, kgh52 said:

The game is having lag problems. My ship is jumping across the screen instead of a smooth flow. Yes, my ping rate is spiking everytime my ship hesitates. I restarted the game twice but no change.

Is anyone else having issues?

I had that for a short time last nite. Thought it was an update on my machine but I did not run it down.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×