YouSatInGum

Hapa: Looking for update on Narai

90 comments in this topic

[NKOTD]
Members
919 posts
8,430 battles

It's been over 3 weeks since it "broke."

I know it's on the PTS, but still no real word on its return.

@Hapa_Fodder tried to get your attention on your other thread

but guessing you have missed it thus far.

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,030 posts
13,912 battles
54 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Cannot let folks farm Narai for directive missions, fix in progress

FIXED

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3
  • Boring 2

[O_O]
Members
606 posts

9.8 or 9.9

8 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Econ still too generous, fix in progress.

People would literally spam Narai all day.  At some point you have to look at it from WG's pov and realize allowing people to do this hurts their bottom line.

Edited by Rustyhole
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 6

Members
648 posts
4 minutes ago, Rustyhole said:

People would literally spam Narai all day.  At some point you have to look at it from WG's pov and realize allowing people to do this hurts their bottom line

Oh get stuffed with the white knighting.  Please stop hitting yourself in the head with WG [edited].

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1

Members
2,880 posts
5,525 battles
1 hour ago, Rustyhole said:

9.8 or 9.9

People would literally spam Narai all day.  At some point you have to look at it from WG's pov and realize allowing people to do this hurts their bottom line.

How? We had fun spamming Narai all day. We bought premium ships specifically to do that. All we gained from it was in-game currency and XP that can't buy us anything we couldn't get for free anyway.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn
  • Cool 5

[BNKR]
Members
577 posts
3,725 battles
15 minutes ago, Rustyhole said:

9.8 or 9.9

How, exactly, does it hurt their bottom line?

Be specific and show your work.

• Cool 2

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,394 posts
6,232 battles

WG didn't want a easy way to do directives so they decided to "fix" it.

i'm not gonna white knight their decisions.

[A-D-F]
6,721 posts
1 hour ago, MajorEnglush said:

How, exactly, does it hurt their bottom line?

Be specific and show your work.

Narai, with a good group of players, is one of the best XP/FXP/Commander XP sources in the game, for the camo/flags spent.  You can figure it out from there.

[TDRB]
Members
4,551 posts
12,778 battles
1 hour ago, Rustyhole said:

9.8 or 9.9

I don't believe "spamming Narai" has any effect on WG's bottom line. Some PVP players have a foolish idea "spamming Narai" causes a flood of rewards & prizes for doing nothing so they whine.

• Cool 3

[BNKR]
Members
577 posts
3,725 battles
34 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Narai, with a good group of players, is one of the best XP/FXP/Commander XP sources in the game, for the camo/flags spent.  You can figure it out from there.

None of which causes WG to lose a penny.

People can't buy actual ship or captain XP, it is only for a single tier, and it isn't like WG is making stupid bank on free xp conversions and cash-for-silver purchases. 

So, lol no. Narai isn't costing WG a goddamned thing. 

• Cool 5

Members
2,880 posts
5,525 battles
42 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

So what? Something is always going to provide the best return on investment. Playing five-man Narai with full econ signals and camos doesn't get you anything you can't get for free anyway. The first premium ships I bought were literally bought to play Narai. The only reason I used to buy loot crates was because I figured "Well, I can always use the signals and camos in Narai even if I don't win the lottery." I was literally paying WG to play Narai.

• Cool 2

[SVF]
Members
1,574 posts
1,871 battles
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

I don't believe "spamming Narai" has any effect on WG's bottom line. Some PVP players have a foolish idea "spamming Narai" causes a flood of rewards & prizes for doing nothing so they whine.

As a matter of fact, Ops entice players to spend Doubloons to convert all that accrued ship XP into FXP (in addition to buying premiums specifically for Ops like others have said).  It certainly did for me way back when I was angling for Missouri.

Edited by landcollector
  • Cool 1

[A-D-F]
6,721 posts
2 minutes ago, MajorEnglush said:

None of which causes WG to lose a penny.

People can't buy actual ship or captain XP, it is only for a single tier, and it isn't like WG is making stupid bank on free xp conversions and cash-for-silver purchases. 

So, lol no. Narai isn't costing WG a goddamned thing. 

Incorrect.  Dragon flags and expensive camos can be burned in coop or randoms, and get less FXP from them, by a long shot, than can be gotten in an OP like Narai.  People purchase FXP ships from the shop, all the time instead of for FXP, because they don't have enough/are impatient.

We also have no clue in the world how many people convert FXP and/or how much.  Narai has entire discord groups that spam the OP every night, for very a good reason.

[BNKR]
Members
577 posts
3,725 battles
2 minutes ago, landcollector said:

As a matter of fact, Ops entice players to spend Doubloons to convert all that accrued ship XP into FXP (in addition to buying premiums specifically for Ops like others have said).  It certainly did for me way back when I was angling for Missouri.

Anecdote does not equal data. 

[A-D-F]
6,721 posts
5 minutes ago, MajorEnglush said:

I personally know several players that don't grind lines, but unlock all their ships/lines via FXP, from operations only.  Narai being the most effective.

[SVF]
Members
1,574 posts
1,871 battles
1 hour ago, MajorEnglush said:

Wild assertions from certain WG white knights that Ops is an active detriment to WG's bottom line also means nothing.  So, what's your point? I've yet to see any sort of convincing argument supporting that stance.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,549 posts
2 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

^ This. 

There's a strain of PVE-hate out there, and it can't stomach the idea of anything PVE even coming close to PVP in terms of payout for time spent, with a few going so far as to claim that progression from PVE is "cheating".  

Combine that with the memes about how Ops supposedly interfere with WG's "business model" (and never mind all the contradictory claims as to what that "business model" actually is, usually retrofitted to support the current poster's bugbears), and we get lots of nonsense when it comes to what's going on with Ops. 

• Cool 5

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,560 posts
2,350 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

Turns out, Clan Battles, with a good group of players, is even better.  I guess we need to nerf CB economy.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[A-D-F]
6,721 posts
9 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

Turns out, Clan Battles, with a good group of players, is even better.  I guess we need to nerf CB economy.

CB can be good for sure.  The nice thing about Operations is that with a good group, they are reliably consistent.  For the most part you can spend your more valuable camos and flags and know you are going to get the best out of them, instead of a possible loss. 

Below are the 4 Raptor Rescue games that I played today so far.  They are with pugs and random people, certainly not at all a representative of what you can get with a known group of great players, the numbers can go through the roof with a fine tuned team but, 23,280 FXP, in 4 games, isn't something I am going to complain about. 

These numbers are low compared to many flag stacked games but the key point, is the reliability.

shot-20.07.31_10.16.59-0491.jpg

shot-20.07.31_10.17.11-0744.jpg

shot-20.07.31_10.17.23-0704.jpg

shot-20.07.31_10.18.39-0849.jpg

• Cool 2

[A-D-F]
Members
2,066 posts
7,456 battles
2 hours ago, Rustyhole said:

There.  I fixed it for you.

21 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

So what? Something is always going to provide the best return on investment. Playing five-man Narai with full econ signals and camos doesn't get you anything you can't get for free anyway. The first premium ships I bought were literally bought to play Narai. The only reason I used to buy loot crates was because I figured "Well, I can always use the signals and camos in Narai even if I don't win the lottery." I was literally paying WG to play Narai.

Hood.  Nelson.  Atlanta.  Lazo.  Boise.  All purchased by me, specifically for Narai.  Excellent point.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,394 posts
6,232 battles

that tier7 bb florida will be great for narai though.

Edited by Cruxdei

Members
2,880 posts
5,525 battles
2 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

There.  I fixed it for you.

Hood.  Nelson.  Atlanta.  Lazo.  Boise.  All purchased by me, specifically for Narai.  Excellent point.

Scharnhorst for me, and then most of the premiums I bought for the best part of a year were Tier VI or VII for operations.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,549 posts

I bought the Scharnhorst B during the Black Friday sale so I'd have a pair of Scharns to rotate through Narai.  

No Narai would have probably meant that I was fine with just one Scharnhorst in my fleet. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

Sign in to follow this