You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
soonerfan62

Amagi Hack?

20 comments in this topic

Members
16 posts
5,138 battles

Today i fired 3 AP salvos from the Monarch at 1km  broadside into Amagi.  Not ONE SINGLE POINT OF DAMAGE!   If RNG is responsible then it needs some VERY SERIOUS OVERHAULING!   Otherwise i can only believe the player had some kind of  hack.  This would be 27 total shells into the Amagi  and no damage period.   Totally unrealistic and honestly makes me want to quit the game.  Bug just between the Monarch and Amagi?   I am really trying to wrap my mind around what is going on.

• Haha 1
  • Meh 3

Members
5,133 posts
9,554 battles

If the Amagi has the hack then so do others on the server since that is where all of the hit decisions are made. 

Replay so we can see the hit ribbons and see if they really were 0 pts of damage.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,393 posts
6,232 battles

isn't amagi know for her "troll armor" ? sometimes that kind of thing happens.

[UNNAT]
Members
1,112 posts
5,878 battles

A couple possiblities. 1, they were not as broadside as you thing they are, it can be easy to mistake the exact angle the shells come in at when you are close. 2, the torp belt at your shells for zero damage pens.

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,807 posts
14,740 battles

post a replay please

It will be in your WoW folder/replays

It turn on automatically and kept last 30 battles you have done.

:Smile_popcorn:

[REKTD]
Members
195 posts
8,796 battles

I’ve noticed since the update lag is an issue when ships get really close, so shots may have missed entirely due to what you thought reticle was on may have been different than the server.

Otherwise Amagi must have been at the right angle for AP to bounce. 
there are a lot of annoying things people do, from sync-drop spies to trolls...but hacking has simply not been something I’ve seen.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,517 posts
4,934 battles
Just now, Tekina_ said:

2, the torp belt at your shells for zero damage pens.

That doesn't happen.  The torp belt does nearly nothing to AP shells.  Those are the hits that used to be displayed as penetrations for 0 damage.  WG changed it to show torpedo belt penetration.  The reason it happens is because the shell penetrates the torpedo belt and then either bounces off of the main belt or lacks the penetration needed to get through the main belt and shatters.  The torpedo belt has nearly nothing to do with it save the the game saw it as a penetration for 0 rather than the actual bounce or shatter it was.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,811 posts
13,107 battles
8 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Can't hack Amagi, it's all analog.

:Smile_veryhappy:

So analogue it's not even electronic!

[--V--]
Members
1,293 posts
13,046 battles

Been playing this game a LONG time.  Close range AP mechanics pretty much sucks for all BBs.   No matter what the spreadsheets say about penetration values,,, I've had entire broadsides hit into the Citadel area of a BB at under 5 km with zero damage countless times.  That's why I switch to HE when I get in that situation.  No RNG, WG AP mechanic @#%.   Its not optimal, but at least you get damage and sometimes fires.

[WOLF6]
Members
428 posts
3,382 battles
15 hours ago, soonerfan62 said:

Today i fired 3 AP salvos from the Monarch at 1km  broadside into Amagi.  Not ONE SINGLE POINT OF DAMAGE!   If RNG is responsible then it needs some VERY SERIOUS OVERHAULING!   Otherwise i can only believe the player had some kind of  hack.  This would be 27 total shells into the Amagi  and no damage period.   Totally unrealistic and honestly makes me want to quit the game.  Bug just between the Monarch and Amagi?   I am really trying to wrap my mind around what is going on.

Monarch, like all tech tree UK BBs, has short fused AP.  It also has a very low Krupp value for its tier.  This results in rather lackluster AP performance at almost any range.  Compare this chart of Monarch AP vs Amagi AP:

Spoiler

Selection_036.thumb.png.882bed26e7e4b79bf5da95fdc70916ea.png

As you can see, Monarch blue line for pen is significantly worse than Amagi.  Add to this the low Krupp and short Fuse, and Monarch's AP will struggle against BB belts at all ranges.  You are better off aiming for the upper belt on BBs; save the citadel shots for cruisers.

4 hours ago, SeaborneSumo said:

Been playing this game a LONG time.  Close range AP mechanics pretty much sucks for all BBs.   No matter what the spreadsheets say about penetration values,,, I've had entire broadsides hit into the Citadel area of a BB at under 5 km with zero damage countless times.  That's why I switch to HE when I get in that situation.  No RNG, WG AP mechanic @#%.   Its not optimal, but at least you get damage and sometimes fires.

Switching to HE is situational.  Plenty of BBs can be crit'd in a close range "drive-by" with multiple cits.  Have you watched any Yuro highlight videos for BBs?  There is a technique to the aiming.

[WOLFG]
Members
27,383 posts
7,350 battles
15 hours ago, Tekina_ said:

A couple possiblities. 1, they were not as broadside as you thing they are, it can be easy to mistake the exact angle the shells come in at when you are close.

This is big. At 1km, it is impossible for all shells in a salvo to hit broadside.

Depending on how his citadel (where you're going to be aiming at that range) lines up with your turrets, at that range, it's entirely possible that all your shells are hitting at close to a 45° angle.

[WOLFG]
Members
27,383 posts
7,350 battles
12 minutes ago, ZoomieG said:

Plenty of BBs can be crit'd in a close range "drive-by" with multiple cits.  Have you watched any Yuro highlight videos for BBs?  There is a technique to the aiming.

Biggest thing for me is to remember not to go into binoc mode at that range.

When I can see the whole picture, it's easier to judge. I typically will single fire each turret as it traverses to a 90° angle from my aimpoint. So the front turrets will fire in quick succession, followed by a pause while the rear turrets are lining up.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,549 posts
9 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

This is big. At 1km, it is impossible for all shells in a salvo to hit broadside.

Depending on how his citadel (where you're going to be aiming at that range) lines up with your turrets, at that range, it's entirely possible that all your shells are hitting at close to a 45° angle.

4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Biggest thing for me is to remember not to go into binoc mode at that range.

When I can see the whole picture, it's easier to judge. I typically will single fire each turret as it traverses to a 90° angle from my aimpoint. So the front turrets will fire in quick succession, followed by a pause while the rear turrets are lining up.

True, the guns all point at a single spot, and at close enough range, that involves the turret angle and the line of fire being well off perpendicular to the target's hull. 

[CHBK]
Members
598 posts
2,880 battles
17 hours ago, soonerfan62 said:

You can penetrate and get 0 dmg, you probably damaged a module.  While its odd it was 3 volleys, it is "possible".

Edited by Taco_De_Moist