Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Thanos_Snap_

Make permanent camouflages for Tech Tree ships have reduced rust

14 comments in this topic

[HAIFU]
[HAIFU]
Members
230 posts
6,903 battles

I understand that some people like rust, well I don't.
I understand that WG likes to use the no-rust look for some of their premium ships as a selling point.
However, 5000 doubloons a pop for tier 10 ships is not cheap and I have a lot of tier 10 permanent camouflages. 
I feel that spending that much deserves a more premium look.
I find it extremely annoying that most of my hard-earned tier 10 ships look like THIS

Spoiler

1951455716_grozovoirust.thumb.png.b0dcd5178ff0bbb3b5e762bd7bfdae49.png

in a camo worth 5000 doubloons.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,439 posts
18,541 battles
41 minutes ago, Thanos_Snap_ said:

well I don't.

I'm also on this bus; I think rust looks like crap on ships. I'd like to see a solid white camo like the Great White Fleet had, shining and resplendent and rust free, for all the ships in the game. I mean, how hard can it be; it's all white! Make all the ships look as clean as Albany does in her white camo. My Opinion.

• Cool 2

[HAIFU]
[HAIFU]
Members
230 posts
6,903 battles
13 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I'm also on this bus; I think rust looks like crap on ships. I'd like to see a solid white camo like the Great White Fleet had, shining and resplendent and rust free, for all the ships in the game. I mean, how hard can it be; it's all white! Make all the ships look as clean as Albany does in her white camo. My Opinion.

There is a camo that exists called for meritorious service but its quite rare, I always keep some in port for glamour shots

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,494 posts
20,247 battles
1 hour ago, Thanos_Snap_ said:

I understand that some people like rust, well I don't.
I understand that WG likes to use the no-rust look for some of their premium ships as a selling point.
However, 5000 doubloons a pop for tier 10 ships is not cheap and I have a lot of tier 10 permanent camouflages. 
I feel that spending that much deserves a more premium look.
I find it extremely annoying that most of my hard-earned tier 10 ships look like THIS

Hide contents

1951455716_grozovoirust.thumb.png.b0dcd5178ff0bbb3b5e762bd7bfdae49.png

in a camo worth 5000 doubloons.

That's a ship, sailing into port, after victorious battles at sea.

It's also one of the more realistic things about ships in the game.

[TBW]
Members
9,957 posts
16,768 battles

Why does this matter at all being a boatswains mate there is always rust to contend with and the best you can do is cover it up and then you didn't really do your job. Paint over rust is the way to eliminate it. I always felt that every thing we  were doing was wrong. but that's the Navy. The right way, the wrong way, and the Navy way. I can't tell you how many times I heard that while I was in.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Funny 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,439 posts
18,541 battles
1 hour ago, Thanos_Snap_ said:

There is a camo that exists called for meritorious service but its quite rare

Yeah, I've seen it, and you're right; it's very clean looking and really sharp, and, like you said, very, very rare. Wish I could get some more because it makes ships look outstanding.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,439 posts
18,541 battles
1 hour ago, Khafni said:

Quiet! I don't want realistic! I want PURTY! (Jeez, would I be playing this game if I wanted realistic! LOL!!)

{Haven't seen your posts much recently, glad to see you're surviving Corona Virus. Hang in there brother!}

• Cool 1

[MR-1]
Members
886 posts
17,143 battles

meritorious service camo is that the white one they give out every year after you have done each year  . i cant remember 

[HAIFU]
[HAIFU]
Members
230 posts
6,903 battles

To those who are coming here to cite some navy anecdote about how rust is realistic, THAT IS NOT THE POINT.
WG clearly sells premium ships with clean looking appearances because it is more appealing to customers.
High tier permanent camouflage is a purchase, and quite an expensive one at that depending on how many you have/want.
Point is, since people are spending money for a clean look for premiums. Spending money on tech tree permacamos deserves the look as well.

[OVRPN]
[OVRPN]
Beta Testers
108 posts
17,031 battles
23 hours ago, Khafni said:

That's a ship, sailing into port, after victorious battles at sea.

True but who wants historically accurate camo for their not historically accurate ship?

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
35 posts
4,063 battles

The realistic argument kinda falls flat when there are all sorts of egregious geometry changing camos, ranging from stuff like Sharks/Eagles Worcester to Halloween camos (Octopus Mogami, I'm looking at you and your ilk), the gaudy water world camos (that I actually have turned off, because I can't stand looking at them) and even the well-thought out but ultimately completely fantasy Space camos. If you don't like any of those camos, you can easily toggle them off and never have to look at them.

Hate anime? You can toggle off the HSF camos and never have to suffer looking at the Cat Harekaze again. I think it''d be amusing (or rather, nice) if WG added a content toggle to Rust. Don't want rust on your permacamos? Just toggle it off, problem solved. Considering how rust is part of the default ship texture and not the camo, it should be beyond trivial for WG to implement it too.

• Cool 3

[HAIFU]
[HAIFU]
Members
230 posts
6,903 battles
On 7/31/2020 at 10:45 PM, ComradeTsushima said:

The realistic argument kinda falls flat when there are all sorts of egregious geometry changing camos, ranging from stuff like Sharks/Eagles Worcester to Halloween camos (Octopus Mogami, I'm looking at you and your ilk), the gaudy water world camos (that I actually have turned off, because I can't stand looking at them) and even the well-thought out but ultimately completely fantasy Space camos. If you don't like any of those camos, you can easily toggle them off and never have to look at them.

Hate anime? You can toggle off the HSF camos and never have to suffer looking at the Cat Harekaze again. I think it''d be amusing (or rather, nice) if WG added a content toggle to Rust. Don't want rust on your permacamos? Just toggle it off, problem solved. Considering how rust is part of the default ship texture and not the camo, it should be beyond trivial for WG to implement it too.

THIS A MILLION TIMES THIS
@Hapa_Fodder
Could we have this considered for a future update?
Thanks a million

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,073 posts

If you had ever been in the Navy, you'd know rust is a fact of life on ships. The metals in the armor they used never ever reacted well to sea water.

If you pained a ship today, tomorrow, the rust would be back.

Sure, WoWs could hide it... but historically... rust is a fact of life. The old joke applies here... there is so much rust on that ship that its the rivets holding it together...

Sign in to follow this