Sign in to follow this  
Hapa_Fodder

ST 0.9.7, changes to test ships

26 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
8,872 posts
7,368 battles

Pommern:  Maybe it is needed for balance, but once you start having guns throw shells all over the place, I start to lose interest.

Kitakami:  No mod zero?  Was it's gunfire overpowered?

[-K-]
Members
8,189 posts
13,489 battles

Ouch, 1.5 sigma at T9 sounds pretty brutal.

That's like Wyoming at T4 accuracy.

• Cool 3

[SUCIT]
Members
1,106 posts
17,895 battles

Pommern: Shotgun loaded

Kitakami: that thing probably needed that, seeing how utter garbage it is once you look past the torp wall

Paolo Emilio: still no idea what you’re doing with this thing

• Cool 3

[KWF]
Members
4,190 posts
6,355 battles

Just take Paolo Emilio behind the barn and end it's misery, by that point it's painful to watch even for a pixel ship. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,950 posts
13,161 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Kitakami:  No mod zero?  Was it's gunfire overpowered?

Kuma guns at Tier 4 with ASM0 would be somewhat scary. Kuma guns in Tier 8-10 MM not so much, although a really good marksman could make life extremely difficult for any DD that got in range.

For now, what these changes do IMHO is to take Pommern off my desirable ship list and put Paolo Emilio on the waitlist for euthanasia.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[RKLES]
Members
12,468 posts
14,190 battles

Really think Kitakami needs 20km torpedoes with how weak it’s armor, guns, and AA are. Plus we have more 12km Radar and aircraft on patrol.

So just like how with DDs I have often had to resort to 20km torpedo armed Shimakaze at least on some days in order to even be effective at scoring hits if team support is weak and heavy targets staying far back. So it stands to reason Kitakami which has worse concealment and guns than Shimakaze will need the 20km torpedoes as well.

[NFFS]
Members
177 posts
6,636 battles

Dunno chief, about the change to Pommern.  Be interesting to see the justification for that one.  The reload time is noticeably longer than usual, while the raw damage numbers are higher than FDG..  The secondaries appear similar to FDG and with torps there is brawling potential.  We shall see.

[FE-MB]
Members
17 posts
4,472 battles

I think different.
But to shoot with all weapons you need to give your side ..... and make a difference !!!
I think it is preferable to have three triple towers, with low reload and high sigma.
It must be nice for the base, who are the buyers.
Well, let's see the first few games, the analysis and comments.
I think we will have a long way to go, before deciding to invest.

Maitei ...

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,931 posts
11,407 battles

Do I even want to know what the German Tier 6 premium is, or is it going to send me in to another fit of rage over what you've done with German CV's? 

Can only guess why the attack time is being lowered. 

[PVE]
Members
11,510 posts
22,441 battles

Oh look, WG nerfing another KM premium into the ground. :Smile_facepalm:

WHY? That is stupid. A T9 BB with 1.5 sigma. Yup, the ship is now not even remotely interesting.

FDG has a 1.8 sigma and couldn't shoot a barn if it was inside of the barn and you want to make the T9 Premium FDG have 1.5 sigma??? Don't care if it has 4 more guns either. 8 shells going everywhere but on target or 12 it is the same thing. 

Just sad but we all expected it I guess. :Smile_sceptic:

[WOLF8]
Members
7,157 posts
6,102 battles
57 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

WHY? That is stupid. A T9 BB with 1.5 sigma. Yup, the ship is now not even remotely interesting.

FDG has a 1.8 sigma and couldn't shoot a barn if it was inside of the barn and you want to make the T9 Premium FDG have 1.5 sigma??? Don't care if it has 4 more guns either. 8 shells going everywhere but on target or 12 it is the same thing. 

You know why, Admiral... lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

Fun and engaging, and working as intended... that's why, lel. :Smile_trollface:

/s :Smile_trollface:

[PVE]
Members
11,510 posts
22,441 battles
14 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

You know why, Admiral... lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

Fun and engaging, and working as intended... that's why, lel. :Smile_trollface:

/s :Smile_trollface:

:cap_like:

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
921 posts
8 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

Do I even want to know what the German Tier 6 premium is, or is it going to send me in to another fit of rage over what you've done with German CV's? 

Can only guess why the attack time is being lowered. 

loewald?

7 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

you say premium when it is a coal ship? 

i still  have hope into seeing as FXP. 

the biggest the sigma the better the ship?

sigma is the dispersion of bullets at the end?

[NGA]
Members
1,978 posts
10,902 battles

Considering how much of a pain in the [edited]German Dive Bombers are to use as-is, this only enforces my belief that the folks Wargaming has running the aircraft carrier department are all nekulturny.

[PVE]
Members
11,510 posts
22,441 battles
10 hours ago, Felipe_1982 said:

loewald?

you say premium when it is a coal ship? 

i still  have hope into seeing as FXP. 

the biggest the sigma the better the ship?

sigma is the dispersion of bullets at the end?

RB/Steel/Coal/FXP/Doubloons all = Premium. T10's are special Premiums (can swap Capt's in and out but no reward boost) but they are still Premiums. T9's are regular Premiums with reward boosts no matter the special currency used to obtain them.

It was already confirmed by WG to be Coal.

Yes

Sigma is the chance of the shells falling near the center of the dispersion ellipse vs scattered throughout it. The higher the sigma the tighter the pattern while the lower the sigma the more it looks like a shotgun. So Ludendorff/Pommern originally had a 1.8 sigma which is decent enough. Not great but decent. They are nerfing it to 1.5 which is HORRIBLE!

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
921 posts
3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

RB/Steel/Coal/FXP/Doubloons all = Premium. T10's are special Premiums (can swap Capt's in and out but no reward boost) but they are still Premiums. T9's are regular Premiums with reward boosts no matter the special currency used to obtain them.

It was already confirmed by WG to be Coal.

Yes

Sigma is the chance of the shells falling near the center of the dispersion ellipse vs scattered throughout it. The higher the sigma the tighter the pattern while the lower the sigma the more it looks like a shotgun. So Ludendorff/Pommern originally had a 1.8 sigma which is decent enough. Not great but decent. They are nerfing it to 1.5 which is HORRIBLE!

thanks admiral!!!! That is a huge nerf...

I feel Paolo Emilio could be the second doubloon dd... as friesland is a special dd, paolo could fit as the second.

wg already had set t9 ships to armory?

thanks in advance.

[F1RE]
Members
8 posts
14,545 battles

First of all I don't mind new ships in game but when the other ship that have been in the game from start left out some things wrong. I have the T-10 Gearing and it used to be one of the best DDs in the game, now it isn't worth a darn. I just got done getting the personal mission to get the Hull upgrade and find it is totally worthless. I mean longer torpedo reload (as if the reload isn't already bad enough) and gun reload is is slower. so how does the Hull upgrade mean all that? The ship at this point is nothing more than a paper weight in the water. And let me add the stupid dmg the rocket planes do OMG not only would I lose half hit points on the first pass but be killed off on the second pass and at times killed on the first pass. I understand the ship has some pos. aspects but when your dead or close to death it doesn't seem fun any more. One guy said the problem is , is that all DDs after Gearing that got put into the game were given better stats and the Gearing was never touched so in the end the Gearing became useless. I agree. So I ask WG developers when do you plan on adjusting older ships in the game not just the Gearing but all the older ship that have been in the game as long. oh and reduce dmg the rocket planes do...

[PVE]
Members
11,510 posts
22,441 battles
28 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

thanks admiral!!!! That is a huge nerf...

I feel Paolo Emilio could be the second doubloon dd... as friesland is a special dd, paolo could fit as the second.

wg already had set t9 ships to armory?

thanks in advance.

No they said the new T9 KM BB will be Coal.

[K-9]
Beta Testers
2,071 posts
On 7/31/2020 at 8:00 AM, Hapa_Fodder said:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/58

Please leave feedback below.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Kitakami:

This ship needs 20km torpedoes. The torps are already made slow as heck and they have the 20km torp visibility anyway ..and at tier 10 a cruiser having to crawl to 15km range to chuck torps is suicidal in an environment where CVs and DDs and soon subs can just spot it before it even gets to launch range. Just look at how often T8 IJN cruisers or the old T10 Zao's 8km torps were used...practically never just because its horrendously risky to use them. 

Kitakami is obviously a ship where the torpedoes ARE the main armament. You cannot force this ship to have to get so close just to use its weapons. It'd be like forcing every single cruiser in the game to show perfect broadsided to every BB if they want to shoot their main guns. 

Finally, could WG state what resource will the Kitakami be used to acquire it? Coal? Steel? Shipyard? Doubloons? What?

[K-9]
Beta Testers
2,071 posts
On 7/31/2020 at 8:43 AM, Ace_04 said:

Ouch, 1.5 sigma at T9 sounds pretty brutal.

That's like Wyoming at T4 accuracy.

Probably because it is a T10 hull +AA+Secondaries mounting T8 guns and torpedoes. 

... its an equivalent nerf to Musashi's on main guns but for a brawling/close range BB. Being T9 gives it access to more T8 battles and just like it'd be overwhelming to have Yamato vs a T8 team it'd be overwhelming to have a T10 german hull with torps having T10 like accurate T8 guns. 

Pommern is essentially a T10 hull turned Tirpitz. That's all it is really. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
42 posts
4,095 battles
1 hour ago, Skyfaller said:

Probably because it is a T10 hull +AA+Secondaries mounting T8 guns and torpedoes. 

... its an equivalent nerf to Musashi's on main guns but for a brawling/close range BB. Being T9 gives it access to more T8 battles and just like it'd be overwhelming to have Yamato vs a T8 team it'd be overwhelming to have a T10 german hull with torps having T10 like accurate T8 guns. 

Pommern is essentially a T10 hull turned Tirpitz. That's all it is really. 

It's the FdG's T9 hull with thinner belt armor. From what I've gleamed from the RU forums (they are far more upset about the nerf than we are) the ship is apparently much more fragile than FdG. It also has even worse firing angles (although not by that much) which means you're unlikely to get all the guns off without taking some serious hits, and on top of that it has a significantly longer reload than FdG for smaller caliber guns (despite the higher gun count, the AP DPM between the two is pretty close.)  A lot of people talk about the 6km torps like they're gamebreaking or something but in the current long range HE spam meta how often do you actually close within 6km? FdG and GK are generally built for survival right now because trying to close to and brawl in secondary range is often suicidal and suboptimal, and now you're trying to say a T9 BB that is less tanky than FdG is going to be a monster because it has mediocre 6km torps?

Musashi is also probably the worst example you could have picked because Musashi has the absolute best caliber of BB guns in the game. Nothing else comes close to how insane 460s and their 32mm overmatch potential is. Meanwhile Pommern has 380s which are a genuinely terrible caliber at T9 considering they struggle to even overmatch the vast majority of cruisers in your MM spread. Alsace has a similar layout to Pommern with 12 380s but they have better velocity, significantly better penetration and Alsace is a far faster and more maneuverable ship allowing it to take flanking positions that Pommern simply can't. Alsace also received a sigma nerf to the current 1.6 it has now, so the idea that Pommern's inferior guns really need 1.5 is unfortunate to say the least.

Sign in to follow this