Sign in to follow this  
Patton5150

My thoughts on the Agir (in co-op of course)

3 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,861 posts
42,941 battles

She's a damn good ship.  Well worth the 1M FXP.  I'm not going to say she is better than the Alaska.  But she definitely is just as good.  Alaska is better in some things.  Agir is better in others.  They are 2 different ships with 2 different playstyles.  Alaska is more comfortable at range while Agir likes to get close.  HE isn't stellar but the AP is good.  And the torps are a great advantage.  The only major flaw I've encountered is that the turrets are prone to getting incapacitated.  Almost every battle, I will get a hit that incapacitates a turret.  No turret destruction so far so that is a good thing.  Secondaries are also way better than those on any other super cruiser.  She doesn't have the troll armor that Puerto Rico does.  But what ship does?  As in other things, her armor scheme is better than Alaska's in certain situations while Alaska's is better in others.  So I would rate both of them as equal, with only PR being better than them among the super cruisers.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,678 posts

IMO, Agir is better for Co-op than Alaska, because it thrives in sub-15km ranges that dominate the mode.  

Whatever might be said about Agir's guns, I get a surprising and consistent number of citadels on battleships with them. 

The secondaries didn't get the range they might have, but they still reach 7km or more with the right build and signals, and 32mm pen makes them dangerous to any ship, putting them well ahead of almost all cruiser secondaries. 

And as far as there's any good AA in the game right now, that medium range aura is one of the ugliest -- with BFT it's 400dps / 4km / 90%.  

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
25,722 posts
22,633 battles

With Co-op being 90% brawling, Agir is much better for this game mode than Alaska.  Alaska is very forgiving with her Citadel, but Agir's high pen secondaries and most of all, TORPEDUZ, gives her considerable tools to do damage since every match is mostly a brawl.

Agir can close range on a High HP BB and with torpedoes, rip out significant chunks of damage.  Couple that with the secondary and main battery gunfire, she's in her element in PVE.

If only WG had High Tier Operations.

:Smile_sceptic:

Alaska is very well suited for Randoms.  Her Radar is also a critical tool in PVP whereas in PVE, Radar is pointless.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this