Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
leeuniverse

Why are many Commander Skills "blocked"...?

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
55 posts
618 battles

Now, I, of course, get that certain ones have no application for the particular ship.

My problem however is that for example there is the "Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament" skill, and that Skill isn't available for some of my ships, it seems I think Cruisers.
Like, I wanted this on the AGIR, and it's blocked out.  Why would it be blocked when Cruisers have Secondary's?

Help...  Thanks

[PVE]
Members
11,454 posts
22,321 battles
1 minute ago, leeuniverse said:

Now, I, of course, get that certain ones have no application for the particular ship.

My problem however is that for example there is the "Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament" skill, and that Skill isn't available for some of my ships, it seems I think Cruisers.
Like, I wanted this on the AGIR, and it's blocked out.  Why would it be blocked when Cruisers have Secondary's?

Help...  Thanks

Just because it has been "blocked out" doesn't mean it can't be selected and used. WG did this to tell people it is not considered an optimal skill for the ship but you can still pick it. I run MS on my Agir Capt (from my GK).

Members
5,219 posts

Yeah, as AdmiralThunder said, they're not 'blocked', they're just not 'optimal' for the ship, or at least WG has marked it so for new players.  If you are smart enough to understand they're not actually blocked, just not recommended, then you should be smart enough to understand that you can make your choices yourself.

Beta Testers
55 posts
618 battles
3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Just because it has been "blocked out" doesn't mean it can't be selected and used. WG did this to tell people it is not considered an optimal skill for the ship but you can still pick it. I run MS on my Agir Capt (from my GK).

Wait what...  Really?

That's strange.  Given what I'm seeing with the Secondary accuracy, apparently after being nerfed, it's unfathomably terrible, and that skill should help alot?

Beta Testers
55 posts
618 battles
2 minutes ago, Kirov_Six said:

Yeah, as AdmiralThunder said, they're not 'blocked', they're just not 'optimal' for the ship, or at least WG has marked it so for new players.  If you are smart enough to understand they're not actually blocked, just not recommended, then you should be smart enough to understand that you can make your choices yourself.

LOL, I thought it was actually blocked...  They have a friggen BLOCK SIGN on them.  LOL

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,018 posts
8,801 battles
5 minutes ago, leeuniverse said:

LOL, I thought it was actually blocked...  They have a friggen BLOCK SIGN on them.  LOL

The skills goes by a generic recommendation by ship class instead of individual ship characteristics.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,345 posts
13,746 battles
2 minutes ago, leeuniverse said:

Wait what...  Really?

That's strange.  Given what I'm seeing with the Secondary accuracy, apparently after being nerfed, it's unfathomably terrible, and that skill should help alot?

The blocks are fairly generic.  Manual secondaries is blocked on all cruisers and DDs and CVs.  Torp skills are blocked on all boats that dont have torps.  IFHE is blocked on all battleships (despite it having previously been viable).

Secondaries in general are an after thought and not usually optimal in builds for efficiency (they are more of a fun thing).  This won't change because WG won't want something that is AI controlled to be overly powerful.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,566 posts
17,903 battles
37 minutes ago, leeuniverse said:

So, you didn't actually try clicking it anyways for yourself?

Beta Testers
55 posts
618 battles
24 minutes ago, Lert said:

So, you didn't actually try clicking it anyways for yourself?

I did notice on one commander one was selected when I moved him, but the way they have it, it gives the impression that it's a "non-working" selection/option.

So, ya, I didn't specifically try to select one.  Ugh, wargaming.  I've waisted a bunch of gold try to redo crews cause of this crap.  I think they did this on purpose to further screw us, make us noobs spend more money.
I mean think about it, it's TOTALLY BLOCKED OUT...  You wouldn't think it's a "working" feature behind the block.  Yet again, I HATE Wargaming.  Screw me in Tanks, keep screwing me in Ships.

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,862 posts
8,829 battles
1 hour ago, leeuniverse said:

Yeah, Lesta's UX guys aren't the best. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this