You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Spetzna909

French Premium BB's

6 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
1,053 battles

I have played on and off since beta, but have been absent for quite a while. Recently got back and have fallen in love with the French BB line. Sadly though, I seemed to have missed the opportunity to pick up 3 of the premium French BB's that were once available. Jean Bart, Chapagne, and Bourgogne. Has there been any news on when these might be available again? I would hate to have missed the chance to grab those 3. I already have the Dunkerque, and the Gasconge just doesn't seem to be with the price.

Would love to know if they had been any announcement about there return. 

Thanks

[WOLFG]
Members
8,874 posts
7,368 battles

Bourgogne is steel and still available.  Champagne was just released and will likely return to the shop in the future.  Jean Bart, no one knows.  Maybe Christmas containers.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 3

[RKLES]
Members
12,478 posts
14,198 battles
13 minutes ago, Spetzna909 said:

I have played on and off since beta, but have been absent for quite a while. Recently got back and have fallen in love with the French BB line. Sadly though, I seemed to have missed the opportunity to pick up 3 of the premium French BB's that were once available. Jean Bart, Chapagne, and Bourgogne. Has there been any news on when these might be available again? I would hate to have missed the chance to grab those 3. I already have the Dunkerque, and the Gasconge just doesn't seem to be with the price.

Would love to know if they had been any announcement about there return. 

Thanks

I should give you a heads up that from what I have seen Dunkerque, Jean Bart, and the Bourgogne are the only French Premium BBs definitely worth getting and they undeniably can do well. The rest of the French Premium BBs proceed with caution in my opinion as they seem to have more drawbacks than good qualities, but as I said that is my opinion.

Also if you really want your French BBs to have more power trying using the special French captain that has enhanced Adrenaline Rush and Expert Marksman as both of these skills are useful on BBs, but even more do with the fact they get enhanced even farther by the captain that I often forget how to spell the name of. To put it in perspective I used that enhanced captain with 19 points on my Jean Bart and did around 200k in damage, sank 6 ships, and won the battle with very nice stack of achievements.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,098 posts
4,636 battles
28 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Bourgogne is steel and still available.  Champagne was just released and will likely return to the shop in the future.  Jean Bart, no one knows.  Maybe Christmas containers.

Very much this^^^

Champagne isnt anything crazy special, but she is fun. Tried her for ranked but fell back to Gascogne. However Bourgogne and Jean (if you can get your hands on her) are really fun ships. Their main battery reload booster consumable is worth the price of admission alone. 

In case you arent aware since you came back, steel is a currency made for competetive game modes. You can get lots of it in ranked and clan battles, and there also is some in the daily missions. 24000 or so (with the armory coupon) will get you a Bourgogne and she is oh so worth it. Imo she is the most fun BB in the game

• Thanks 1

[KOTSB]
Members
627 posts
9,404 battles

Bourgogne is for steel only so you'll have to grind ranked and clan battles to get her, totally worth it IMO. Jean Bart might be available in Christmas containers during the holidays but don't know any other possible means to get her in the near future. Champagne is a new ship and will likely be back in the premium shop in the near future. I really like the Gascogne myself, even more than the richileu.

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
373 posts
14,210 battles
6 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I should give you a heads up that from what I have seen Dunkerque, Jean Bart, and the Bourgogne are the only French Premium BBs definitely worth getting and they undeniably can do well. The rest of the French Premium BBs proceed with caution in my opinion as they seem to have more drawbacks than good qualities, but as I said that is my opinion.

Also if you really want your French BBs to have more power trying using the special French captain that has enhanced Adrenaline Rush and Expert Marksman as both of these skills are useful on BBs, but even more do with the fact they get enhanced even farther by the captain that I often forget how to spell the name of. To put it in perspective I used that enhanced captain with 19 points on my Jean Bart and did around 200k in damage, sank 6 ships, and won the battle with very nice stack of achievements.

Same here I bought a new captain from the armory for my Republic and use my bourgogne to train him