Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

59 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,523
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,333 posts
5,233 battles

*cough* TEXAS IS BETTER *cough*

phplBmLDC

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/57

American battleship Oklahoma, Tier V

Hit points – 48,200. Plating - 19 mm.

Main battery - 2x3 356 mm. Firing range - 17.1 km.
Maximum HE shell damage – 4,900. Chance to cause fire – 27%. HE initial velocity - 792 m/s.
Maximum AP shell damage - 10,000. AP initial velocity - 792 m/s.
Reload time - 34.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 60.0 s. Maximum dispersion - 231 m. Sigma – 1.80.

Main battery - 2x2 356 mm. Firing range - 17.1 km.
Maximum HE shell damage – 4,900. Chance to cause fire – 27%. HE initial velocity - 792 m/s.
Maximum AP shell damage - 10,000. AP initial velocity - 792 m/s.
Reload time - 34.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 60.0 s. Maximum dispersion - 231 m. Sigma – 1.80.

Secondary Armament:
18x1 127.0 mm, range - 4.5 km.
Maximum HE shell damage – 1,800. Chance to cause fire – 6%. HE initial velocity - 960 m/s

AA defense: 8x1 127.0 mm, 8x1 12.7 mm.
AA defense short-range: continuous damage per second - 84, hit probability - 70 %, action zone 0.1-1.5 km;
AA defense long-range:  continuous damage per second - 95, hit probability - 75 %, action zone 0.1-4.8 km;

Number of explosions in a salvo - 3, damage within an explosion - 1,190, action zone 3.5 - 4.8 km.

Maximum speed - 19.7 kt. Turning circle radius - 610 m. Rudder shift time – 13.4 s. Surface detectability – 13.5 km. Air detectability – 10.2 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 11.7 km.


Available consumables:
Slot 1 - Damage Control Party 
Slot 2 - Repair Party
Slot 3 - Spotting Aircraft

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,939
[ARGSY]
Members
18,825 posts
13,119 battles
25 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

*cough* TEXAS IS BETTER *cough*

Debatable. I'd take ten guns in ABXY over ABQXY configuration any day. 

Also, the devblog text seems to have copied over as a horrific white-on-white. Any chance of doing something about that? Put it in a quotes box or something?

I know a LOT of people dislike the American standards and see them as a cross to be borne, and that's fine, but I actually quite liked my time in Tiers 5 to 7. If this is the participation prize for when the American BB line split happens, SIGN ME UP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,977
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,212 posts
15,343 battles

Oklahoma is said to have pretty good secondary guns so.... We need to see the final stats before anyone can say DOA

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,523
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,333 posts
5,233 battles
2 minutes ago, paradat said:

Oklahoma is said to have pretty good secondary guns so.... We need to see the final stats before anyone can say DOA

*in before 100 people roll in and say BB SO SLOW YOU WANT GET INTO SECONDARY RANGZ*

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,885 posts
5,525 battles
4 minutes ago, paradat said:

Oklahoma is said to have pretty good secondary guns so.... We need to see the final stats before anyone can say DOA

Well, the range is already nothing special, and 'accurate secondaries for Tier' is a bit like 'good secondaries for a destroyer,' like how they sold Orkan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,977
[WOLFG]
Members
8,835 posts
7,308 battles
9 minutes ago, z9_ said:

Maybe not DOA, but certainly boring.

I agree.  Besides the history, there is nothing there that makes me want to go out and buy one.  Especially if I already have a Texas.

Edited by DrHolmes52
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,523
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,333 posts
5,233 battles

See I was hoping they wouldn't do this. 

The Pearl Refits are what people want....WG'ing screws this up time and time and time again. 

Shoulda just had a pimped out Nevada at Tier 6 with all the toys...and been done with it. 

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[WHEE]
Members
61 posts
1,942 battles
6 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

See I was hoping they wouldn't do this. 

The Pearl Refits are what people want....WG'ing screws this up time and time and time again. 

Shoulda just had a pimped out Nevada at Tier 6 with all the toys...and been done with it. 

I’m honestly wondering if they’re not saving up for a third US BB split wayyy down the line. 
 

They did Oklahoma and California, but not the class namesakes yet. They still have the Nevada, Tennessee, and South Dakota out there, class leaders that WG has avoided creating thus far. 
 

But I agree. It’s crazy they haven’t done any refits other than Cali yet. Nevada 44 or WeeVee 44 would be much more desireable than the upcoming split, but it seems they like their “what if” brainchildren more and more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[WHEE]
Members
61 posts
1,942 battles
29 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Well, the range is already nothing special, and 'accurate secondaries for Tier' is a bit like 'good secondaries for a destroyer,' like how they sold Orkan.

Yeah I don’t really know what they’re going for here. 
 

You can’t build into ManSecs that well as it’s Tier V and would only get the bull crap 15% buff, but they may have something if they have inherent accuracy AND buff the range and reload. 
 

The AND is critical. They’ve made changes this direction when they were developing Mass, so it could happen, but they seem more and more hesitant to do secondary builds for US BBs since Georgia and Ohio hit the streets (ex: Cali, Florida, US BB split)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,829
Members
5,219 posts
12 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

How can a ship just announced like 2 hours ago already be DOA? I hope this won't turn into another whine fest like California did. :Smile_facepalm:

Surely you know better by now, @AdmiralThunder.  Despite all the noise about 'OP ships', if a ship *isn't* somewhat OP out of the box, here they come yelling that it's crap and no one will ever buy it.

 

Edited by Kirov_Six
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,754
[PVE]
Members
11,454 posts
22,314 battles
1 minute ago, Kirov_Six said:

Surely you know better by now, @AdmiralThunder.  Despite all the noise about 'OP ships', if a ship *isn't* somewhat OP out of the box, here they come yelling that it's crap and no one will ever buy it. Same crapdifferent day, really.  

Same crap, different ship.

:cap_like:

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
523
[SVF]
Members
1,574 posts
1,871 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

How can a ship just announced like 2 hours ago already be DOA? I hope this won't turn into another whine fest like California did. :Smile_facepalm:

Okay then, explain why you think it's any good.  WG's made some very questionable decisions imo with regards to Oklahoma's stats.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,885 posts
5,525 battles
11 minutes ago, celticboy27 said:

Yeah I don’t really know what they’re going for here. 
 

You can’t build into ManSecs that well as it’s Tier V and would only get the bull crap 15% buff, but they may have something if they have inherent accuracy AND buff the range and reload. 
 

The AND is critical. They’ve made changes this direction when they were developing Mass, so it could happen, but they seem more and more hesitant to do secondary builds for US BBs since Georgia and Ohio hit the streets (ex: Cali, Florida, US BB split)

I agree. I don't see much point to focusing on a secondary build at Tier V for a standard-type battleship unless the accuracy is meaningfully useful without the MFCSA skill and the range is at least 7 km.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,718
[RLGN]
Members
13,730 posts
23,956 battles
58 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Debatable. I'd take ten guns in ABXY over ABQXY configuration any day. 

(snip)

I know a LOT of people dislike the American standards and see them as a cross to be borne, and that's fine, but I actually quite liked my time in Tiers 5 to 7. If this is the participation prize for when the American BB line split happens, SIGN ME UP.

live in Oklahoma.

I once wrote a short ‘report’ on Oklahoma I posted on my toolbox at work, for anyone who cared to read it.

WG won’t be able to take my money fast enough if it actually gets released.

If it’s some prize for the US BB split directives? You can be damn sure I’ll be laser focused on making sure I finish those.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,161
[-BUI-]
Members
1,717 posts
5,126 battles

Meh, 10 guns is 10 guns, and 10k AP shell damage is nothing to sneeze at either.

Have like no desire to play T5 anything, so probably a pass at this point, but it could be fun.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
439
[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,480 posts
11,374 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

*cough* TEXAS IS BETTER *cough*

phplBmLDC

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/57

American battleship Oklahoma, Tier V

Hit points – 48,200. Plating - 19 mm.

Main battery - 2x3 356 mm. Firing range - 17.1 km.
Maximum HE shell damage – 4,900. Chance to cause fire – 27%. HE initial velocity - 792 m/s.
Maximum AP shell damage - 10,000. AP initial velocity - 792 m/s.
Reload time - 34.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 60.0 s. Maximum dispersion - 231 m. Sigma – 1.80.

Main battery - 2x2 356 mm. Firing range - 17.1 km.
Maximum HE shell damage – 4,900. Chance to cause fire – 27%. HE initial velocity - 792 m/s.
Maximum AP shell damage - 10,000. AP initial velocity - 792 m/s.
Reload time - 34.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 60.0 s. Maximum dispersion - 231 m. Sigma – 1.80.

Secondary Armament:
18x1 127.0 mm, range - 4.5 km.
Maximum HE shell damage – 1,800. Chance to cause fire – 6%. HE initial velocity - 960 m/s

AA defense: 8x1 127.0 mm, 8x1 12.7 mm.
AA defense short-range: continuous damage per second - 84, hit probability - 70 %, action zone 0.1-1.5 km;
AA defense long-range:  continuous damage per second - 95, hit probability - 75 %, action zone 0.1-4.8 km;

Number of explosions in a salvo - 3, damage within an explosion - 1,190, action zone 3.5 - 4.8 km.

Maximum speed - 19.7 kt. Turning circle radius - 610 m. Rudder shift time – 13.4 s. Surface detectability – 13.5 km. Air detectability – 10.2 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 11.7 km.


Available consumables:
Slot 1 - Damage Control Party 
Slot 2 - Repair Party
Slot 3 - Spotting Aircraft

OP is just venting since a Pizza  nerf :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
606
[--V--]
Members
1,293 posts
13,050 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I know a LOT of people dislike the American standards and see them as a cross to be borne, and that's fine, but I actually quite liked my time in Tiers 5 to 7. If this is the participation prize for when the American BB line split happens, SIGN ME UP.

I didn't mind the grind up the US BB Line.  WGs insistence in keeping them at historical speeds still confuses me given all the paper ships and 'non' historical speed/stats they've given other ships.   But, it is what it is.

The only thing which bothers me now about playing Tier 4-6 BBs are CVs.  Even my Texas, which was sold as a strong AA platform isn't any better than New York since all the post CV rework garbage.

But, I knew some men on Oklahoma when she sank,,, so I'll get her just for that alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×