timinindiana

Server issue Ping

43 comments in this topic

[AOI]
Members
246 posts
13,009 battles

Been getting very high ping spikes while playing on NA server past few days. Can not play as my ping is spiking to 500 at times. My normal average ping on wow is 25 to 35. It has to be a WG issue as I am not getting ping spikes anywhere else..See pics below the ones that show world of warships our WG server tests. The other pics our random pings for other sites.As you can see from two pics of WG server it was jumping from a low 152 to 338 with a high of 500..

Thanks

Tim

Firefox_Screenshot_2020-07-30T18-26-51.983Z.png

Firefox_Screenshot_2020-07-30T18-29-53.479Z.png

Firefox_Screenshot_2020-07-30T18-32-56.263Z.png

Firefox_Screenshot_2020-07-30T18-34-50.368Z.png

Firefox_Screenshot_2020-07-30T18-35-29.508Z.png

Edited by timinindiana
  • Cool 1

Members
4,251 posts
9,269 battles

I'm in New Hampshire.
The games I've been in during the past hour have been affected by ping/lag spikes.  

Normally I can enjoy a game with ping times in the 35 to 45 millisecond range.

Tonight's games (for me) have been spiking upwards of 70 to 200+ milliseconds.

• Cool 1

Members
1 post
342 battles

I'm in Michigan and I've had the same problem all day with ping and lag spikes. 

Not sure why it's happening on the NA server but I checked with our internet provider and everything is running as it should through them on my end. 

[BOTES]
Members
38 posts
1,238 battles

I'm in PA state and currently having the same issue.

The problem is isolated with WG servers. I've tried ping testing and playing other games and it's fine. Only on WG servers.

[G-Z-R]
Members
51 posts
8,013 battles

Its been nearly unplayable today. Ive had to quit and come back several times today. Very disappointing to say the very least. Its def a Wargaming server issue. 

• Cool 1

[HE_AP]
Members
2 posts
1,973 battles

Same. Normally steady at 35 ms, today horrible spike with lots of lag. Others in the matches I tried reported the same thing in chat, definitely a server issue.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
12 posts
5,641 battles

Well I am glad that others are also having an issue and its not just me.
Just to add my 2 cents in I only have this lag issue, or at least I only notice it, when I am playing after about 19:00 East US. Ping is usually at a low 30-60ms but when the issue starts happening average ping shoots up to about 100ms with frequent spikes to 300+ms

• Cool 1

[BOBS_]
Beta Testers
7 posts
1,245 battles

I normally have no problem with ping or the wargaming.net website, but tonight i've been spiking from my normal 30-40 ping up to 150. The pattern I seem to see is something along the lines of this (35,70,40,115,74,150,30) and then it repeats. The game is jumpy and hard to know where to time shots and play well. The wargaming.net site was especially slow, went in to do a name change on my account and took 5 minutes just to load the account management homepage. 

Edit: For server support folks, I have restarted PC, cable modem and other equipment in home to verify issue is not on my end. Cheers to figuring out the issue and hope you all solve it soon! 

• Cool 1

[USMC_]
Members
4 posts
4,710 battles

Same here.  Clan battles last night was unplayable for 2 of us.   Jumped on today and cant even play Coop due to the lag spikes

Members
11 posts
923 battles

I'm pinging with command prompt from Comcast NJ to 92.223.56.14

I'm getting 25% and 50% loss on over a 1/3 of the pings.

"List of reports" even shows detailed statistics are unavailable even though I've been logged on all day.

Good Luck fixing.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[OVRPN]
Members
1 post
6,436 battles

Same issue from VA here .... 5000ms latency to WG NA Servers East/West, 20-25ms latency to anywhere else...

So...yeah, something borked on their end, not mine

[NGA]
Beta Testers
2 posts
10,866 battles

Something is broken on their end all last night and today I've had my ping range from 30-400 and checked everything on my end.

[CYNIC]
Members
410 posts
19,760 battles

i'm in indiana as well and experiencing the same thing.  Apparently there are three links in the chain that are down or not working terribly well

[SYJ]
Members
371 posts
13,622 battles

Experiencing a same issue here on the East Cost, the ping is normally ~35 ms but it spikes randomly 150 ms ~ 500 ms.

Had similar issue yesterday.

If I had to make an educated guess to what the problem is:
 network switch in a data center is intermittently failing / can't handle the traffic,
or an ISP having an issue in the last "hop" in the connection to the data center...

P.S.
In all seriousness can someone in WGNA check to see how the "server hamsters" are doing

Edited by Sammy_Small
P.S. ,grammar