Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WulframWarrior

Camouflage used during game even if Not killed

14 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
26 posts
8,034 battles

I always wanted to know this so im asking....

I had one Camouflage left so I used it on my ship.   Survived the entire match BUT after the game ended.... Oh now i am out of that particular Camo !

Why is a CAMO item used even if you are not killed?

The seawater washes the paint off your hull after every match ???   :Smile_amazed:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,200 posts
5,953 battles

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

[OIL-1]
Members
952 posts
7 minutes ago, WulframWarrior said:

The seawater washes the paint off your hull after every match ???

That's the realism part of the game.
If you go on a cruise ship, you can see that every time they pull into a port they're painting the outside of the ship.
It wears out that fast.

[BROOK]
Members
1,841 posts
7 minutes ago, WulframWarrior said:

I had one Camouflage left so I used it on my ship.   Survived the entire match BUT after the game ended.... Oh now i am out of that particular Camo !

The seawater washes the paint off your hull after every match ???   :Smile_amazed:

It's highly unlikely that it survived without any nicks and scratches, to say the least.  WG has strict rules against having your ships look like ragamuffins so they strip strip them off and discard them at the end of every game.  Try to imagine what your poor ship would look like if it survived 5 games in a row.

:Smile_sad:

[-KAK-]
Members
564 posts
10,193 battles
10 minutes ago, WulframWarrior said:

I mean, let's be honest here - Why is it that after a single battle, this little signal flag you put up is useless?

Reality is, they're consumables - You get to boost your performance once, in exchange for the camo/signal. 

[PHD]
Members
1,317 posts
5,784 battles

Repainting the ship is part of the post game service. Gray, with no benifits, is free, low cost chalky flat paint.  For the other camos there is a cost  but they have extra benifits, lower detection, harder to hit and higher payouts for credits XP  and so forth.

Above Tier five you can buy a permanent camo or Premiums ships have a special paint. The paint they use is a better quality and does not wash off, rust or fade as fast as the standard cheap gray paint they normally use.

[PHD]
Members
1,317 posts
5,784 battles
5 minutes ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

I mean, let's be honest here - Why is it that after a single battle, this little signal flag you put up is usless?

Because the ships are going faster than scale and the wind tears them apart. The French ships are especially bad, I'm talking about you, Le Terrible.

High wind is hard on flags. At one port in the US Virgin Islands they would rate the average winds for the year in the number of USA flags they replaced, as in "it was a 12 flag season."

[BROOK]
Members
1,841 posts
1 minute ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

Because the ships are going faster than scale and the wind tears them apart.

StatsBloke covered this in a recent video. Everything in WOWS is actually going 2.87x faster than real life. This includes ships, shells, and torps.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,517 posts
11,002 battles

y'know, with nearly 8K games, id think the knowledge of camos are always consumed after a battle would be known, i guess some people just never noticed, fair enough though

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,732 posts
2 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

y'know, with nearly 8K games, id think the knowledge of camos are always consumed after a battle would be known, i guess some people just never noticed, fair enough though

He didn't say that he didn't know it happens.  He is asking why it happens.

[PHD]
Members
1,317 posts
5,784 battles
1 minute ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

StatsBloke covered this in a recent video. Everything in WOWS is actually going 2.87x faster than real life. This includes ships, shells, and torps.

They actually going faster than that. Somewhere in the forum, some time ago, it was discussed. The StatsBloke's video was well thought out but he forgot that the ships are larger scale than the maps and StatsBloke was using the wrong ships lenghts as they are not to scale. Or so I remember in the thread. The torps are going faster. I forget about the scale shell velocities. They may be different. I am not a math person but look up the shell velocity and time to reach the target at a known range.

[PHD]
Members
1,317 posts
5,784 battles
6 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

Perhaps  the troll is strong in this one!

• Meh 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,448 posts
14,168 battles
1 hour ago, WulframWarrior said:

Salt is a corrosive element so real ships need to be repainted periodically to stay looking nice as for their metal to stay protected.Water can cause damage too. The UV Radiation from the sun dies not help either. Storms really don’t help as I knew a sea captain who had his ship hit by lightning and said it caused a lot of the paint to be peeling off and needed repainting. Also some maps have snow / ice which is another thing that can be tough on paint too.

And you can imagine what a battle does to a ship’s paint from all the hits it takes and , fire damage. So aside from an economic thing WG added, it does have a real life basis for doing it.

[O2]
Members
187 posts

It's stored in the same warehouse as the see-through-islands radar machines, the unlimited carrier planes, the deep-water torpedoes that goes under islands, and of course the special shells with tracers than only works when Mr. Yamamoto is on the bridge.

Sign in to follow this