You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Felipe_1982

0.9.8 Dockyard : Anchorage! + new premium!

92 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
11,510 posts
22,441 battles

That would be awesome if they are going to do that. It would either go along with the US BB split or give them a little more time to work on the new BB's. Either way = :cap_like:

• Boring 1

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
921 posts

image.thumb.png.5949701002c4492d66ff8df6a4fc04aa.png

They cant promisse, but they will investigate if AL skin will be mounted on it!

Belfast: removed cause it was too strong

Kutuzov: removed cause it was too strong

Smolensk: removed cause it was too popular

Jean Bart: removed cause it was too much popular, in the future if that change, it can come back.

Edited by Felipe_1982
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
2,891 posts
15,673 battles
7 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

Smolensk: removed cause it was too strong

On stream they specifically addressed this and said that Smolensk was removed because it was too popular,

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
921 posts
Just now, ClassicLib said:

On stream they specifically addressed this and said that Smolensk was removed because it was too popular,

Changed!

[PDCB]
Members
408 posts
7,908 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

Or is it just a camo?

probably a new consumable camo

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
921 posts
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

What is that Epochal?

Looks like an Iowa?

Or is it just a camo?

I wanst able to get all info. I was trying my best to get images. I think i lost some Anchorage skins.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
791 posts
9,647 battles
1 minute ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

Great more money scrubbing from Wargaming. 

The whole point of a business is to make a profit, and in this case Oklahoma is a boat people have been wanting, sort of. Actually they have been asking for her sister, Nevada in 1944 configuration. Belfast is the best they can do given they really can't rerelease the OP mess the original is. Overall, this seems quite fair to me.

• Cool 5

Members
599 posts
1 minute ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

The whole point of a business is to make a profit, and in this case Oklahoma is a boat people have been wanting, sort of. Actually they have been asking for her sister, Nevada in 1944 configuration. Belfast is the best they can do given they really can't rerelease the OP mess the original is. Overall, this seems quite fair to me.

I'm referring to the dockyard part. The premium ships I'm fine with it's Wargaming repeating this dockyard bull that I hate.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
921 posts
10 minutes ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

Great more money scrubbing from Wargaming. 

Wasnt odin dockyard good? At least for players with several ships...

• Cool 3

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
791 posts
9,647 battles
1 minute ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

I'm referring to the dockyard part. The premium ships I'm fine with it's Wargaming repeating this dockyard bull that I hate.

Who cares? It's not the same rip off the first dockyard was. It's basically earn a premium for playing and a major discount for another premium. It's the same as with Cossack, only more details and graphics. One of these days, they may even do a tier 8 ship that I actually want.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,950 posts
13,161 battles
1 minute ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

It's basically earn a premium for playing and a major discount for another premium.

The mid stage prize this time around is announced as 100,000 free XP rather than a premium ship. I would have preferred them to offer a ship, even the Texas which has been given away so many times already, but I think plenty of people would look at that FXP and be interested.

6 minutes ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

it's Wargaming repeating this dockyard bull that I hate.

Would you like to tell us, calmly and rationally, exactly what it is that offends you about Dockyard so much? Is it that the ship isn't completely free? Expect an insane grind in exchange for that.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,722 posts
8 minutes ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

How is a free Graf Spee (or compensation) with 10 pt captain, port slot, camo... and a $14 tier 8 premium with port slot, 10 pt captain, camo, a big bag of Coal resource... a bunch of containers and signals and camos... just for playing the game across a 2 month period...  "money scrubbing"?  

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 2

[WOLFG]
Members
8,872 posts
7,368 battles
9 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

How is a free Graf Spee (or compensation) with 10 pt captain, port slot, camo... and a $14 tier 8 premium with port slot, 10 pt captain, camo, a big bag of Coal resource... a bunch of containers and signals and camos... just for playing the game across a 2 month period...  "money scrubbing"?  

I don't know if I will be interested in another dockyard event, or even will like the Anchorage when it reaches final, but I thought the Odin event was clear as to what we would need to do and what we had to pay.  I can't ask for more than that.

• Cool 1

[-KAK-]
Members
564 posts
10,200 battles

I'm happy to see that Anchorage will be in the dockyard. I liked the look of her when she was announced. Glad to see I'll be able to get my hands on her.

That said, I'm a little concerned that they're whipping out another Dockyard event just one month after the previous one ended. I'm curious just how successful they were with Odin - How many people payed the 3500 Dubs (Or more) to get ahold of the ship. The Dockyard's not necessarily a bad thing, but if they keep running it I have a bad feeling it might just become WG's way to milk dubs out of the playerbase - Small enough that people don't immediately reject it, but often enough that it'll add up over time...

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,722 posts
4 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I don't know if I will be interested in another dockyard event, or even will like the Anchorage when it reaches final, but I thought the Odin event was clear as to what we would need to do and what we had to pay.  I can't ask for more than that.

Yeah... the original PR dockyard was a debacle, for all the previously detailed reasons.  

Dockyard 2.0 addressed, as far as I could tell, every issue that we had with the original Dockyard.  I'm utterly lost as to why some players are enraged by Dockyard 2.0, unless they're just carrying over Puerto Rico Rage and refuse to look at the details and changes, and will always be enraged by any Dockyard event no matter what. 

• Cool 4

[WOLF8]
Members
7,157 posts
6,102 battles

I already have Texas at Tier V for the USN Premium BB. I don't think I'll bother with Oklahoma... not that there's anything wrong with Oklahoma, lol.

1 hour ago, Felipe_1982 said:

image.thumb.png.5949701002c4492d66ff8df6a4fc04aa.png

They cant promisse, but they will investigate if AL skin will be mounted on it!

WeeGee better goddang allow the goddang AL collab camo to be mounted on goddang Belfast '43. :Smile-angry:

It's an utter joke that they're selling a camo for an unavailable ship. :Smile_sceptic:

• Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,522 posts
11,013 battles
51 minutes ago, MaxVladimus said:

probably a new consumable camo

no its a perma camo, linkable one at that, like the New Years camo and Halloween camoes were

[XBRTC]
Members
219 posts
9,072 battles
42 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

I wish they'd done Oklahoma as built at tier 5, with a bunch of secondaries and terrible/no AA similar to the Arkansas Beta. The only good thing I see from this is it makes Tier VI USS Nevada post-refit look increasingly likely.

[-KAK-]
Members
564 posts
10,200 battles
22 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I already have Texas at Tier V for the USN Premium BB. I don't think I'll bother with Oklahoma... not that there's anything wrong with Oklahoma, lol.

WeeGee better goddang allow the goddang AL collab camo to be mounted on goddang Belfast '43. :Smile-angry:

It's an utter joke that they're selling a camo for an unavailable ship. :Smile_sceptic:

From a technical standpoint, I don't see why they couldn't. You're removing the plates that covered the torp launchers, but that's about it. It's an easy fix, if it requires one at all.

I have a feeling that any hiccups will be legal ones - The original contract may have specified something along the lines of camo X to be used on ship Y (Something along the lines of WG can only sell these camos for certain ships, they can't just use the IP to generate sellable camos for every ship)

[BUF]
Members
30 posts
3,818 battles
27 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I might be wrong (obviously) but it looks like they are actually bringing back the Belfast.  The first ship picture is titled Epochal" which is indicated as a camo by the icon in the title.  Notice that the Oklahoma and the Belfast have ship icons.

I think that Belfast (or a nerfed vesion) is comming back.

Regards

WhiteCoatClubber