Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

WOWS EU English community stream currently running will be discussing new US and UK premiums. BELFAST RETURNS as Belfast '43, with changes to her smoke and radar.

53 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

10,930
[ARGSY]
Members
18,811 posts
13,107 battles

They also said they would be talking about HMS Belfast. A massive tease? Or the most long awaited comeback in history?

 

https://www.twitch.tv/worldofwarships

 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,930
[ARGSY]
Members
18,811 posts
13,107 battles

0.9.8 Anniversary - Anchorage is a dockyard ship. Phase 12 out of 20 will give 100K free XP. Two updates long. Hamburg-style.

Bonus stages that you paid to complete will give research points instead of steel and unlock the RB to anyone who gets them.

Snowflakes are back.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,359
[-K-]
Members
8,162 posts
13,459 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Snowflakes are back.

Rewarding coal or steel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,930
[ARGSY]
Members
18,811 posts
13,107 battles
Just now, Ace_04 said:

Rewarding coal or steel?

Not known yet. Details coming through as I type.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,490
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,656 posts
13,997 battles

I want the Houston to go with my Perth. They missed out on a package that history nuts like myself would have leaped on.

Just now, Ace_04 said:

Rewarding coal or steel?

Steel for the high tiers and coal for everything else I would think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,750
[PVE]
Members
11,453 posts
22,304 battles
21 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

0.9.8 Anniversary - Anchorage is a dockyard ship. Phase 12 out of 20 will give 100K free XP. Two updates long. Hamburg-style.

Bonus stages that you paid to complete will give research points instead of steel and unlock the RB to anyone who gets them.

Snowflakes are back.

Won't buy it out for RB points. Would have for Steel.

So what exactly is the issue people have with my statement above? I simply said I won;t buy it out for RB pts but would have for Steel. I don't have a use for RB pts but do Steel.

People in this game make you lol. :Smile_smile:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 4
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,930
[ARGSY]
Members
18,811 posts
13,107 battles

New premium - US Tier 5 battleship Oklahoma; Nevada class. Devblog out in one hour.

AND...

BELFAST IS BACK BABY.

She will be called Belfast '43, at Tier 8. More AA, torpedoes, HE, short-burst smoke generator (like destroyers?) and RADAR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,750
[PVE]
Members
11,453 posts
22,304 battles
27 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They also said they would be talking about HMS Belfast. A massive tease? Or the most long awaited comeback in history?

 

https://www.twitch.tv/worldofwarships

 

There is a pic there right now but it is Belfast 43 not just Belfast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,744
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,551 posts

Why did they tease me by putting the stream on YouTube only once? 

E: nevermind, it's just that no one ever links to it

 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,930
[ARGSY]
Members
18,811 posts
13,107 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

There is a pic there right now but it is Belfast 43 not just Belfast

Yeah, basically there will be two Belfasts in game. Those who have the original will keep her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
185
[RED]
[RED]
Members
310 posts
12,796 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

BELFAST IS BACK BABY.

Belfast 43 is not “back”. This is cashing in on a name.

Gonna be a lot of disappointment when people start buying it and get a T8 Edinburgh with worse smoke that sees T10 ships.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,575
[KWF]
Members
4,168 posts
6,337 battles

What kinda annoys me is that 90% of the choice to go with Belfast is that they can copy paste most stuff and capitalize on the name. 

Pretty sure many will get the ship only to discover the hard truths of tier X....

Meanwhile other ships like Sheffield that are also Town class get nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,930
[ARGSY]
Members
18,811 posts
13,107 battles
3 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

Gonna be a lot of disappointment when people start buying it and get a T8 Edinburgh with worse smoke that sees T10 ships.

They'll be getting an Edinburgh with HE ammunition, short-burst smoke and radar, if the current concept makes it to live. Quite frankly, the ships the current Belfast can meet at Tier 9 are not much less lethal. 

"Worse" is in the eye of the beholder. I'm going to do what any sensible person would do, which is wait for the CC reviews to come out the day before she's offered for sale, maybe even wait a week after that, and buy her if I like what I see.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,649
[SBS]
Members
5,376 posts
2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Pretty sure many will get the ship only to discover the hard truths of tier X....

That's the same experience of every T8 premium that most people are already familiar with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
625
[OIL-1]
Members
907 posts
25 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Bonus stages that you paid to complete will give research points instead of steel and unlock the RB to anyone who gets them.

Am I good or what? Predicted it yesterday.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,359
[-K-]
Members
8,162 posts
13,459 battles
13 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

Belfast 43 is not “back”. This is cashing in on a name.

Gonna be a lot of disappointment when people start buying it and get a T8 Edinburgh with worse smoke that sees T10 ships.

Not much different from the theorized West Virginia and West Virginia '44 variants.

Maybe this is going to be the route WG goes once they've exhausted all of the original historical nameplates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,930
[ARGSY]
Members
18,811 posts
13,107 battles
4 minutes ago, z9_ said:

Am I good or what? Predicted it yesterday.

You predicted it in a spirit of hateful cynicism, not much better than a stopped 24-hour clock.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,359
[-K-]
Members
8,162 posts
13,459 battles
17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yeah, basically there will be two Belfasts in game. Those who have the original will keep her. 

The question is.....does this open the door for other "forbidden" ships like Kutuzov to return as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
523
[SVF]
Members
1,574 posts
1,871 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

New premium - US Tier 5 battleship Oklahoma; Nevada class. Devblog out in one hour. 

 

*looks at announcement*
*looks at calendar*

 

So, WG, WV44 anytime this decade?  Maybe?  Possibly? *is trying to restrain bitterness/annoyance*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,930
[ARGSY]
Members
18,811 posts
13,107 battles
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

The question is.....does this open the door for other "forbidden" ships like Kutuzov to return as well?

The hosts were evasive and nonspecific when asked about a Tier 6 Giulio. The research is mostly done, and if they called her Novorossiysk (the name the Russians gave her when they claimed her as war booty), they could openly balance her for T6 properly and nobody would care that she wasn't the same ship in playstyle terms any more. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
625
[OIL-1]
Members
907 posts
21 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You predicted it in a spirit of hateful cynicism,

What you call hateful cynicism, is what I call humor.
Life must be a bowl of cherries where you live, if you thought that was a harsh post.
And anyway, it doesn't matter. I was still right. BOOM!

Edit: Almost forgot. You didn't catch the reference to 'players were having fun'? Doesn't ring a bell?

 

Edited by z9_
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
185
[RED]
[RED]
Members
310 posts
12,796 battles
38 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They'll be getting an Edinburgh with HE ammunition, short-burst smoke and radar, if the current concept makes it to live. Quite frankly, the ships the current Belfast can meet at Tier 9 are not much less lethal. 

HE ammo is not what made Belfast so powerful. The ability to deny vision (smoke) and ability to spot at range for yourself (Radar) simultaneously at tiers that do not have counter radar is what made her so OP. At T8 you are going to be seeing a lot more counter radar and this will greatly reduce Belfast 43 effectiveness.
The tier increase more so than a smoke duration nerf will be a bigger change to her utility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,930
[ARGSY]
Members
18,811 posts
13,107 battles
Just now, custer_14 said:

HE ammo is not what made Belfast so powerful. The ability to deny vision (smoke) and ability to spot at range for yourself (Radar) simultaneously at tiers that do not have counter radar is what made her so OP. At T8 you are going to be seeing a lot more counter radar and this will greatly reduce Belfast 43 effectiveness.
The tier increase more so than a smoke duration nerf will be a bigger change to her utility. 

Given that the original's removal from sale was due to being grossly overpowered, I can only imagine that the uptiering and the changes (at least in this initial presentation of the concept) are designed to produce a ship which will absolutely not suffer that problem and have to be removed again.

I mentioned the HE ammo specifically to differentiate her from the tech-tree Edinburgh, and to indicate that your brief characterization of her as Edinburgh with worse smoke was an oversimplification  at best and arguably a misrepresentation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×