Sign in to follow this  
AdmiralThunder

Admitting I was wrong - so far anyway (PVE Thread)

34 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
11,470 posts
22,341 battles

To @Hapa_Fodder

As I said I would do if I saw changes being made to provide more inclusion for Co-op players in things I am posting an apology to you for doubting you. The dockyard event and the KM CV event were both 100% Co-op doable. Most combat missions have been Co-op doable. And while Twitch still needs work it is getting better as well.

So it does seem, at least here recently, that things are improving. So here is my apology as promised for the doubt. Please continue to lobby for improvements and inclusion for Co-op (how about some Co-op achievements next?).

:cap_like:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 20
  • Thanks 2

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,835 posts
13,291 battles

Though I sincerely appreciate the gesture, this wasn't needed :Smile_smile:

As I told y'all a long time ago (okay only like a year ago, but with all the poo going on, it seems like FOREVER ago) I do listen to feedback and try to impart a change, though it takes time.... which I wish I could fix, but ya.....

Appreciate all you do here for the community!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 8

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,604 posts
13,733 battles

Don't worry, they'll change it back right after they read this!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
3,953 posts
16,816 battles

The Strong Willed campaign is extremely difficult COOP only.  I am in stage 5 and task 5 is the only task for non-EU ships in COOP.  I don't own tier 8 EU ships......  I should be able to, one star at a time, get through the 10 stars I need but, geesh, that is a PITA......  

@Hapa_Fodder to mirror my clan co-Fearless Leader, thanks for the support.  I'll add something to your OER as a senior rater if you want: I have the Rank....   

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,835 posts
13,291 battles
6 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

The Strong Willed campaign is extremely difficult COOP only.  I am in stage 5 and task 5 is the only task for non-EU ships in COOP.  I don't own tier 8 EU ships......  I should be able to, one star at a time, get through the 10 stars I need but, geesh, that is a PITA......  

@Hapa_Fodder to mirror my clan co-Fearless Leader, thanks for the support.  I'll add something to your OER as a senior rater if you want: I have the Rank....   

Unfortunately, any campaigns or missions we had in place before we started working on these improvements are already in place. The best we can do is focus on the future at this point.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,603 posts

The "trick" to completing Strong WIlled in Co-op was to have Friesland... seriously.  I played that ship so much... 

Speaking of campaigns, it would be great if we could get the old campaigns tweaked to finish in PVE.   

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
8,845 posts
7,321 battles
9 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

The biggest difference in Strong Willed is the time limit.  The tasks capability is about the same coop-wise as was Halsey (I don't think two coop tasks was even an option for Halsey).

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,029 posts
8,822 battles
20 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

The "trick" to completing Strong WIlled in Co-op was to have Friesland... seriously.  I played that ship so much... 

Speaking of campaigns, it would be great if we could get the old campaigns tweaked to finish in PVE.   

Honestly all I did was doing my daily chains for steel using Smolensk and I'm just 2 stars away from unlocking the final task of the last stage in the campaign. Sure using ship like Friesland may have quicken the process, but Smolensk more than compensates the stars needed due to how much rewards I can grind out each day in co op only.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,603 posts
3 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Honestly all I did was doing my daily chains for steel using Smolensk and I'm just 2 stars away from unlocking the final task of the last stage in the campaign. Sure using ship like Friesland may have quicken the process, but Smolensk more than compensates the stars needed due to how much rewards I can grind out each day in co op only.

I completed the general mission in Co-op just once, and the EU-specific mission repeatedly, in that stage. 

[PVE]
Members
11,470 posts
22,341 battles
30 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Stage 5 was difficult due to the EU ship requirement for sure but so were Stage 1 and Stage 3 that also had EU ships as part of the requirement for 1 of the 2 Co-op doable tasks. But it was an EU ship event so it is what it is I guess. At least we could do it in Co-op. Even though I had qualifying EU ships for each Stage I did more of the other task we could do than the one with the EU ships as I do not care for the new EU DD's.

As for Stage 5 specifically I did 1X the 150K XP EU ship task and did 8X the 100K Capt XP task (which isn't bad to do if you can run flags).

18 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I hate Friesland. I had all the early access EU DD's to use so that helped me out. If I had to play Friesland to do it I would have :cap_fainting:

As much as I would like to do/complete the Science of Victory and Honorable Service Campaigns I know WG will never change the requirements so they can be done all in Co-op. Hopefully moving forward Hapa will help make sure we are not left out of any new ones (I believe they said in todays stream a new Campaign is coming so?). I can live with not doing these 2 even if my OCD kicks in because something isn't finished. 

The Yamamoto Campaign could also be done in Co-op. There are current tasks that could be reasonable for Co-op at every stage. But again, I don't see WG changing  it. I wish however they would put Yamamoto in the Armory for Coal like they have some of the other Legendary Capt's like Kuznetsov. Even if his special skills won't ever activate in Co-op he is the only one of those special Capt's I don't have.

17 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

The biggest difference in Strong Willed is the time limit.  The tasks capability is about the same coop-wise as was Halsey (I don't think two coop tasks was even an option for Halsey).

• I did Halsey in 392 Games and it took 17 total days playing to do it. 
  • I did Swirski in 303 Games and it took 13 total days playing to do it.

So they are very similar in time and games needed with a bit more effort needed for Halsey. I would expect a bit more effort to be needed to get Halsey though as he came with 15pts vs just 10pts for Swirski. Halsey did have 2 tasks p/ stage that were Co-op doable. It was credits and Capt XP each time though; only the amounts changed. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,603 posts
10 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

As much as I would like to do/complete the Science of Victory and Honorable Service Campaigns I know WG will never change the requirements so they can be done all in Co-op. Hopefully moving forward Hapa will help make sure we are not left out of any new ones (I believe they said in todays stream a new Campaign is coming so?). I can live with not doing these 2 even if my OCD kicks in because something isn't finished. 

The Yamamoto Campaign could also be done in Co-op. There are current tasks that could be reasonable for Co-op at every stage. But again, I don't see WG changing  it. I wish however they would put Yamamoto in the Armory for Coal like they have some of the other Legendary Capt's like Kuznetsov. Even if his special skills won't ever activate in Co-op he is the only one of those special Capt's I don't have.

There are missions in Science of Victory and Honorable Service that could be opened to Co-op without making the entire thing a speedrun. 

Aren't the dual flags and alternate camos for IJN ships also locked in one of those campaigns, or have they just never been done?   (I have not looked at the final items in a long time, just the mission details in the stages). 

[WOLFG]
Members
8,845 posts
7,321 battles
6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

• I did Halsey in 392 Games and it took 17 total days playing to do it. 
  • I did Swirski in 303 Games and it took 13 total days playing to do it.

So they are very similar in time and games needed with a bit more effort needed for Halsey. I would expect a bit more effort to be needed to get Halsey though as he came with 15pts vs just 10pts for Swirski. Halsey did have 2 tasks p/ stage that were Co-op doable. It was credits and Capt XP each time though; only the amounts changed. 

I couldn't remember, but you are right, there is a second one.

And if you recall, it took me slightly longer (not using flags).

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,029 posts
8,822 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Aren't the dual flags and alternate camos for IJN ships also locked in one of those campaigns, or have they just never been done?   (I have not looked at the final items in a long time, just the mission details in the stages). 

They would be from the Yamamoto collection which should be readily available once you open up a single Yamamoto crate to start the collection and from there just play the game to get your daily containers.

[PVE]
Members
11,470 posts
22,341 battles
3 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

There are missions in Science of Victory and Honorable Service that could be opened to Co-op without making the entire thing a speedrun. 

No, that was locked behind the collection for Yamamoto not the Campaign. I completed the collection and have the dual flag/2 camo option available.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,603 posts
2 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

They would be from the Yamamoto collection which should be readily available once you open up a single Yamamoto crate to start the collection and from there just play the game to get your daily containers.

1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

No, that was locked behind the collection for Yamamoto not the Campaign. I completed the collection and have the dual flag/2 camo option available.

I'll double-check that collection tonight, but I don't recall getting items for it from other crates and it should have been active at some point along the way.  

[RVNHQ]
Members
177 posts

I would absolutely love Yamamoto's campaign in Co-op. It wouldn't even be that hard as much like Halsey every stage has CXP and credit tasks.

Yamamoto is the only commander I can't get outside Co-op. So far I have

Lutgens

Halsey

Cunningham

Kuznetsov

Sasonetti

I am on track to get the EU commander and I should have enough coal for Philippe by December.

Edited by Beleaf_

[PVE]
Members
11,470 posts
22,341 battles
3 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I'll double-check that collection tonight, but I don't recall getting items for it from other crates and it should have been active at some point along the way.  

5 parts to it w/ 8 pieces per section requiring 40 total.

1. gives 2 color schemes to camo for IJN DD
  2. gives 2 color schemes to camo for IJN Cruisers
  3. gives 2 color schemes to camo for IJN BB
  4. gives 2 color schemes to camo for IJN CV
  5. allows 2nd flag on all IJN ships

Completing the entire collection rewards a special Yamamoto flag.

[GLF]
Beta Testers
717 posts
4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I am posting an apology to you

Takes a big person to admit they were wrong...takes even a bigger person to do so publicly

Something we don't see very often

+1

• Cool 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,603 posts
22 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

5 parts to it w/ 8 pieces per section requiring 40 total.

1. gives 2 color schemes to camo for IJN DD
  2. gives 2 color schemes to camo for IJN Cruisers
  3. gives 2 color schemes to camo for IJN BB
  4. gives 2 color schemes to camo for IJN CV
  5. allows 2nd flag on all IJN ships

Completing the entire collection rewards a special Yamamoto flag.

I've seen it, I just don't recall ever getting items for it from general crates.  

[PVE]
Members
11,470 posts
22,341 battles
26 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I've seen it, I just don't recall ever getting items for it from general crates.  

Did you ever get a Yamamoto crate to get it started?

[RLGN]
Members
13,736 posts
23,957 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

This.

I’m pushing 200 CO-OP games in Friesland since I got it. Combined with everything else I’ve played, I’m working on my fifth task Five Star. I haven’t finished the T9+ EU ship task yet, (task 2?)

WG pushing hard to play the line DDs, but I refuse to do so.

If WG hadn’t made the task T9+, they’d have made a sale from me, Orkan. I also don’t intend to buy Smaland, because doing so would wipe out my fxp.

As it is, I’ve been learning a lot about ‘guns only’ by playing Friesland, (which I actually quite like.)

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,603 posts
23 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Did you ever get a Yamamoto crate to get it started?

I have some items in the collection, it's just sitting there unfinished. 

Like I said, I'm going to check on it tonight when I get home. 

[ARC]
Members
775 posts
9,823 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I have some items in the collection, it's just sitting there unfinished. 

Like I said, I'm going to check on it tonight when I get home. 

Check if you have the collection selected as priority. Don't know the exact name, as I have finished all the collections except the KotS one (not bragging xD).

Sign in to follow this