You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Meta_Man

Le Terrible ranked Kills and Caps series #1

13 comments in this topic

[META_]
Members
714 posts
15,163 battles

Hello captains , I am gonna rank out in my beautiful French destroyers and am gonna post a game a day on the road to rank 1, this is gonna also start my kills and caps series. I am waiting for this skill wall that I am supposed to run into as I am told French DDs are for novices and can not compete. Like I said I will post a video a day till I am rank 1 in these so called novice lolibotes , please subscribe to Meta_Man2002 my youtube channel if you find the videos helpful. I also started this META_ clan a few weeks ago and have a few buildings up and am looking for all skill levels .enjoy 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[TBW]
Members
9,988 posts
16,784 battles

I think the French DDs are good ships, I find that they are lacking in Co op though. Keep up the Ranked grind you seem to have mastered the skills needed for the French Destroyers. I personally am fond of the British DDs. I haven't tried any ranked battles yet, I might try a few but I am not really fond of the star system, it makes for poor team play most of the time. I don't think you can successfully rank an individual in a team battle, at least not the way WG is attempting to do it. Promoting non team play in a team oriented game seems self defeating, yet with it's stars and missions WG does it all of the time, which sours the PVP game play for me. I tend to stick to PVE these days.

What rank are you at now? You might report your progress in your daily posts. GLHF and

image.png.900eece9fa40bc36b3e9384d291a60e8.png

[META_]
Members
714 posts
15,163 battles
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I think the French DDs are good ships, I find that they are lacking in Co op though. Keep up the Ranked grind you seem to have mastered the skills needed for the French Destroyers. I personally am fond of the British DDs. I haven't tried any ranked battles yet, I might try a few but I am not really fond of the star system, it makes for poor team play most of the time. I don't think you can successfully rank an individual in a team battle, at least not the way WG is attempting to do it. Promoting non team play in a team oriented game seems self defeating, yet with it's stars and missions WG does it all of the time, which sours the PVP game play for me. I tend to stick to PVE these days.

What rank are you at now? You might report your progress in your daily posts. GLHF and

image.png.900eece9fa40bc36b3e9384d291a60e8.png

Good comments, I am only at rank 9 and said I will post a video a day as I move up.... I do play all nations and love my cossack but she needs a totally different style than the French... Not enough speed... But she has stealth and hydro.She is great just in a different style. About the wins/losses... As I name this series (kills and caps) if you get kills and caps you will win more than you lose..... At the basic level of my strategy that is it in a nut shell... Other nations can do thinks differently and I play them all but the basic strategy for all is kills and caps or cap bully... Problem with just being a caps bully and nothing else is if the game turns into a kill game not points game you lose... With French you can play the cap game or kill game.. Just my 2 cents. Hope you enjoy the videos and please subscribe if you like them. 

[TBW]
Members
9,988 posts
16,784 battles
3 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

please subscribe if you like them

Yup did that a few days ago when you started posting your videos.

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
714 posts
15,163 battles
6 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Yup did that a few days ago when you started posting your videos.

Thanks, much appreciated and let me know any subjects or ships you'd like to see 😁

[KWF]
Members
4,191 posts
6,355 battles

French DDs and open water gunboats aren't bad in Ranked, as ships to have on the weak flank, where they can delay opponents or flank. 

That said, it's never guaranteed you will have more than one DD, so you may be often forced to play at a handicap with stealthier DDs.

More importantly, the issues start on Rank 5 where it's almost guaranteed this season you will encounter a CV. 

Still, wish you the best, hope you can Rank out.

[META_]
Members
714 posts
15,163 battles
39 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

French DDs and open water gunboats aren't bad in Ranked, as ships to have on the weak flank, where they can delay opponents or flank. 

That said, it's never guaranteed you will have more than one DD, so you may be often forced to play at a handicap with stealthier DDs.

More importantly, the issues start on Rank 5 where it's almost guaranteed this season you will encounter a CV. 

I hear what you're saying but I've ranked out in my le terrible, Vauquelin before... Is it tougher at tier 5 and below yes.. But that's for any player.... But I still win.... I play all nation dds and they all have different challenges... That's why I am showing this season is to show she can win all the way out.... I'll be playing le terrible /le fantastique all the way to rank 1.. Not showing stats to say they are great... Just showing besides the 3 games in the Kidd, cossack, Cleveland they will be the French the rest the way... 

Screenshot_20200730-094440.png

Screenshot_20200730-094450.png

Edited by Meta_Man
  • Cool 1

[GDI]
Members
1 post
5,762 battles

Nobody Follow this guy, nobody watch this guy.  This guy is toxic.  Would rather have the team cater to him than to win.  Intentionally loses a game because our enterprise didn't put a fighter right over him.  And the game he intentionally lost didn't even punish the CV that he wanted cause the CV saved their star.  Basically made the game unenjoyable for the other 5 players on his team when our CV didn't cater to his needs.

• Meh 1

[META_]
Members
714 posts
15,163 battles
On 7/30/2020 at 12:24 PM, warheart1992 said:

I agree but disagree, example #1 the 1 dd per team scenario.... If I choose to cap I can always cap another cap not the reds cap.....I wouldn't go into a concealment battle unless I have backup and reds have no backup. Also I always have the speed advantage so later in the game when no one is near a cap even across the map I can take it.. Other dds can see the opportunity but not exploit it because of my speed Noone is safe by islands and no cap is safe to be left alone..... Think outside the box with this line... Don't assume you have to play by everyone elses game plan 

Edited by Meta_Man

[ARCO]
Members
813 posts
1,276 battles

In some cases "are not the arrows but the Indian".

I am almost sure you excel in any kind of DDs, but your lessons are always welcome.

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
714 posts
15,163 battles
1 hour ago, Patosentado said:

In some cases "are not the arrows but the Indian".

I am almost sure you excel in any kind of DDs, but your lessons are always welcome.

Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it... I try to share what I've learned and I know I see things a little different than most... I'm not bad just different, lol... I want us all to have fun at the end of the day. 

[ARCO]
Members
813 posts
1,276 battles

Terrible has been one of my favourite ships even before the buff.

2 ranked battles, on with CV and the one without.

In the one with CV only the enemy had an operational one. Ours was useless

wheuAx.jpg

HPw0NI.jpg

mm0slk.jpg
y8r2Fh.jpg

YOfI9Z.jpg

fMC4TS.jpg

[META_]
Members
714 posts
15,163 battles
19 hours ago, Patosentado said:

Terrible has been one of my favourite ships even before the buff.

2 ranked battles, on with CV and the one without.

In the one with CV only the enemy had an operational one. Ours was useless

wheuAx.jpg

HPw0NI.jpg

mm0slk.jpg
y8r2Fh.jpg

YOfI9Z.jpg

fMC4TS.jpg

Good job.... When CV's are in the match play more passive and conservative till you know the CV ✈ are on which side of the map.. I'll stay inside friendly aa bubble till I am safe.... If you pay attention in my videos there is a common theme of getting 2-4caps and 1-3 kills on average....... Not bragging just showing that le terrible is supposed to be a bad capping ship, I show in my videos  and you see in your games that it caps fine. People get in group think because a cpl good players say it is bad at something it must be true.... But they are not always right as you see even in your game stats

• Cool 1