You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

PSA: Wargaming Anniversary Weekend Missions and Bonuses.

36 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
18,912 posts
13,143 battles

And it's pretty good too.

image.thumb.png.580624abc16ba89d7cc6019f5f3428c9.png

Those Type 59s give 200% bonus ship XP. Grabbing 22 of them is not to be sneezed at. Also, if you have any new ships in port with their upgrade slots empty, this is the time to fill them. I have Rhein, Weser and Yamato to equip.

Makes me wonder whether I should grind hell for leather for Yugumo this weekend, so I can fit her out cheap as well. Unfortunately we don't seem to have any clan battles rental ships in port at the moment, on which to mount the upgrades for "safekeeping" and auto-dismount to inventory later.

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 3

[OIL-1]
Members
954 posts

Ahh.. Forgot about the WG anniversary. Only remembered the WoWS anniversary. Thanks for the heads up.

[PVE]
Members
3,968 posts
16,850 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Those Type 59s give 200% bonus ship XP. Grabbing 22 of them is not to be sneezed at. Also, if you have any new ships in port with their upgrade slots empty, this is the time to fill them. I have Rhein, Weser and Yamato to equip.

Makes me wonder whether I should grind hell for leather for Yugumo this weekend, so I can fit her out cheap as well. Unfortunately we don't seem to have any clan battles rental ships in port at the moment, on which to mount the upgrades for "safekeeping" and auto-dismount to inventory later.

Thanks for the reminder.  I'll be shooting Saturday so Friday is a grind day.  Again, thanks.

[WOLFG]
Members
8,869 posts
7,337 battles

I've got the Bismark, Baltimore, and Nagato sitting in port without upgrades.  I'm not short on silver, but I'm going to buy them sometime.

[BNKR]
Members
580 posts
3,726 battles

Huh. Might be time to powergrind to the Wooostah or Gearing maybe...? 

[ARGSY]
Members
18,912 posts
13,143 battles
5 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

No "flakes" this time around, it seems. 

This is the WARGAMING anniversary.

The WORLD OF WARSHIPS anniversary is a different thing.

• Cool 1

[TBB]
Members
400 posts
3,629 battles

Actually I'm a little disappointed. It's not that much a difference from the independence day event:

1820595159_IndependenceDayRewards.thumb.png.cf5488c8834c2c8698c873d9feac76ff.png968657963_wargaminganniversaryrewards.thumb.png.2fb81b3983ce6cd5ab476a65a05e7a57.png

Who is paying doubloons to convert for 35 free xp? I'd consider it if it were for 75 Free XP; 35 just isn't worth it in my opinion.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,912 posts
13,143 battles
2 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Actually I'm a little disappointed. It's not that much a difference from the independence day event:

It's the bundle of Type 59's that make this weekend a good one to slaughter bots. :cap_rambo: :Smile_izmena: :fish_viking:

• Funny 1

[PDCB]
Members
408 posts
7,890 battles

30 Destroyed ribbons can be easily achieved in Operations. With some luck, you can sink 6, 7 or 8 ships.

[FORM]
Members
1,438 posts
10,338 battles
33 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

And it's pretty good too. Those Type 59s give 200% bonus ship XP. Grabbing 22 of them is not to be sneezed at... Unfortunately we don't seem to have any clan battles rental ships in port at the moment, on which to mount the upgrades for "safekeeping" and auto-dismount to inventory later.

Tnx for the heads up. Pretty good stuff for sure, I do wish there were a capt's spec reduced cost. I guess I will hold out and hope for a free one when the put in the new CV/DD spotting... been a long while now. :-/

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
676 posts
8,592 battles

I didn’t know you could buy type 59 camo with Credits. Or is that just to replace them in your inventory when used?

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,678 posts
Just now, ditka_Fatdog said:

I didn’t know you could buy type 59 camo with Credits. Or is that just to replace them in your inventory when used?

The text for the discount is slightly unclear, in trying to get that entire discount into one sentence. 

Non-economic camos cost credits.  Economic camos cost doubloons.  

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,861 posts
42,941 battles

I'm going to sell alot of upgrades once my game session today is over since I plan on buying different replacement upgrades when the sale hits.

[BTLST]
Members
580 posts
8,713 battles

I wish to add my THANKS and APPRECIATION to WoWs for this generous sale celebrating their anniversary!    These sales are helpful to all, and extremely so to our newer players who are always struggling for funds to advance in our game!    THANKS!

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,732 posts
44 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Who is paying doubloons to convert for 35 free xp? I'd consider it if it were for 75 Free XP; 35 just isn't worth it in my opinion.

It's not something I normally do, but I did for my MO.  I knew I wasn't going to have enough FXP before they pulled it from sale, so I got my wallet out.  Was worth, for me.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,912 posts
13,143 battles
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

It's not something I normally do, but I did for my MO.  I knew I wasn't going to have enough FXP before they pulled it from sale, so I got my wallet out.  Was worth, for me.

For something like that, hell yeah. When she got pulled from the game, I'm not sure I even had enough elite ship XP to convert!!!

When they announced that they were going to pull the Musashi, it was a different matter. I immediately worked out what it would cost me to convert, based on the amount I then had, and it came to little more than the price of a Tier 8 premium. I reckoned that was worth it, and that I would grind like blazes to try and bring the price down as much as I could and pay for what was left the night before she went away. I actually made it with time to spare and she ended up being free.

[WOLFO]
Members
445 posts
3,680 battles

I feel like 35xp conversion is still a bit of a low bid. 30 Destroyed ribbons is a small ask for 22 paints, tho'. I hope to see a significant conversion rate in the future. 45-65xp closer to ideal imho.

I was also thinking of Type-21's. That's the one's I preferred, for the CR mod, XP mods are not as valuable to me. %CR mods are OP, we need more.

Edited by iamSamoth

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,678 posts

At 25/doubloon, it takes 40000 doubloons to convert what's needed for an Alaska or Agir -- about $150 I think.  At 35/doubloon, it takes about 28572 -- about $115 I think. 

Neither of those is a reasonable price. 

I think it was during the PR debacle, there was a thread with a bunch of us posting how much real money it would take to convert all of our Elite Ship XP to "Free" XP, and mutually laughing at the ludicrous amounts of money WG was asking people to spend on the conversion.  

[BNKR]
Members
580 posts
3,726 battles
3 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

At 25/doubloon, it takes 40000 doubloons to convert what's needed for an Alaska or Agir -- about $150 I think.  At 35/doubloon, it takes about 28572 -- about $115 I think. 

Neither of those is a reasonable price. 

I think it was during the PR debacle, there was a thread with a bunch of us posting how much real money it would take to convert all of our Elite Ship XP to "Free" XP, and mutually laughing at the ludicrous amounts of money WG was asking people to spend on the conversion.  

I'm at 800k and am trying to save for the Alaska. Almost tempted to drop the 5700 dubs, but am notoriously cheap, so...depends on how much I drink tomorrow night. :cap_yes: :cap_haloween:

[ARGSY]
Members
18,912 posts
13,143 battles
4 minutes ago, MajorEnglush said:

I'm at 800k and am trying to save for the Alaska. Almost tempted to drop the 5700 dubs, but am notoriously cheap, so...depends on how much I drink tomorrow night. :cap_yes: :cap_haloween:

Keep pushing on. The day to spend the dubs will be if they announce her impending removal.

• Cool 1

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
919 posts
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I will farm too!

There are a lot of premium ships needing upgrades!

[BNKR]
Members
580 posts
3,726 battles
21 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Keep pushing on. The day to spend the dubs will be if they announce her impending removal.

I do have literally like 700 Papa Papa flags... :Smile_teethhappy:

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,732 posts
9 minutes ago, MajorEnglush said:

I do have literally like 700 Papa Papa flags... :Smile_teethhappy:

Use those things sir.  The flags themselves are useless and don't do anything for you themselves by, just sitting there being a graphic with a number under it.  You have to use them, in order for them to be valuable.