Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Daniel_Allan_Clark

Summer Event Success(es)

9 comments in this topic

[TARK]
Members
5,651 posts
2,260 battles

Last night, I farmed enough damage using my Furious to get the 10th milestone in the dockyard event complete...

...thereby receiving the Graf Spee with 10 point captain.

This is the first reward ship from a limited time event I have ever been able to grind. When I started this free2play journey, I thought I would never be able to produce enough results fast enough (what with having a family, and a work life) to get anything out of events like this. Thanks must go to my Lexington...without which much of my success would not be possible...and also to my teams in ranked, who shot at the ships I spotted.

In addition, a few days ago...the machine gave me the Rhein mission, which was the German CV I wanted (I grind captains before moving up tiers).

Also, I received a super container (I thought those didn't exist anymore) which had 7 days of premium time.

It's been a pretty successful several weeks.

How about you? What successes and milestones have you been able to reach over this summer?

My next goal is to reach my first 19 point captain...my Lexington captain is well on his way towards that last point.

See y'all out there on the seas. If you are under my planes...be sure to call out where you need spotting and fighter cover!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[ARGSY]
Members
18,912 posts
13,143 battles
1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

How about you? What successes and milestones have you been able to reach over this summer?

Yamato, and the 19 point captain (I think my seventh now? They accumulate so quickly once you have the first) who will eventually go into her. I'm told T9 Ranked Sprint is coming, and I might take the Izumo out for a fling in that before moving him up. 

I finished this event completely and elected to spend the doubloons on the Odin. So far she's exactly what I expected her (from reviews and YT watching) to be and has been a useful and valuable addition to my port. 

For various personal reasons, I decided it was time to grind to the Shimakaze. With Yamato, Audacious and Minotaur already in my port (Moskva, alas, no longer counts), and Daring and Shimakaze likely to be added by the end of the year, that puts me in Research Bureau territory and I finally have to decide for real whether I want any part of that.

Just a hint - NEVER move that captain out of your Lexington. It's expensive to do, whether you use gold or Elite Commander XP; and if you love playing the ship enough to create a 19 pointer in her, that's the place he should stay.

[-K-]
Members
8,184 posts
13,478 battles
8 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Working through the arduous task of completing as many of the Unique Upgrades for free before the end of this calendar year.  I'd rather not use Research Points on something if I can get it for free. 

[TBB]
Members
400 posts
3,629 battles
7 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Working through the arduous task of completing as many of the Unique Upgrades for free before the end of this calendar year.  I'd rather not use Research Points on something if I can get it for free. 

How does one do it for free?

[TARK]
Members
5,651 posts
2,260 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Just a hint - NEVER move that captain out of your Lexington. It's expensive to do, whether you use gold or Elite Commander XP; and if you love playing the ship enough to create a 19 pointer in her, that's the place he should stay.

It's less that I love the ship so much...but more that I haven't yet completed the grind to Midway that is keeping the captain on the Lexington...

However, this is a point I have been pondering of late for both Lexington AND Bismarck...both of these ships can see tier 10 games and I am happy with how they work in those games. I see little reason to try to push up these lines while I have other lines to push (IJN, RN, KM CVs; Russian BBs, EU DDs, Russian CLs, etc. etc.) since whenever I want high tier games....I just load up the Lexington / Bismarck / North Carolina.

[-K-]
Members
8,184 posts
13,478 battles
1 hour ago, Merc_R_Us said:

How does one do it for free?

Just by grinding out the missions in-port that are available until the end of the year.

[TBB]
Members
400 posts
3,629 battles
20 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Just by grinding out the missions in-port that are available until the end of the year.

Sorry to persist Ace but where are you finding these missions in-port? I reset my first line (Midway) and got my research point pool going but I don't see anything about missions that you can do to unlock an upgrade for free.

[SUCIT]
Members
1,100 posts
17,875 battles
54 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Sorry to persist Ace but where are you finding these missions in-port? I reset my first line (Midway) and got my research point pool going but I don't see anything about missions that you can do to unlock an upgrade for free.

Before the announcement UUs were going to RB, once you researched a certain T10 (every tech tree T10 introduced before Haragumo) you also got a combat mission with 5 stages ( 100k XP, 8million credits, 15k Free Xp, 15 wins, 40k BASE XP) that at the end rewarded that ships legendary upgrade. The chance to earn these went away Early February I believe, and any missions you earned but haven’t finished can still be completed until the end of this year

• Thanks 1

[TBB]
Members
400 posts
3,629 battles
1 minute ago, tfcas119 said:

Before the announcement UUs were going to RB, once you researched a certain T10 (every tech tree T10 introduced before Haragumo) you also got a combat mission with 5 stages ( 100k XP, 8million credits, 15k Free Xp, 15 wins, 40k BASE XP) that at the end rewarded that ships legendary upgrade. The chance to earn these went away Early February I believe, and any missions you earned but haven’t finished can still be completed until the end of this year

Ah ok, thanks!

Sign in to follow this