account reset question

8 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts

if you reset your account it says

you lose most things but keep

• Premium ships
  • Camouflages and signal flags that have an equivalent cost in doubloons

some ships bough with resources are considered premium or special ships. do these count?

and I assume permanent camo bough with doubloons qualify for the second one. but the fact you only keep premium camo for premium ships if there equipped to the ship (I assume because they don't have a cost?) makes me want to confirm the case.

this is in regards to account wipe / account resets.

Members
4,054 posts
10,060 battles

I agree with the aardvark that I don’t see a reason to reset your account and lose any/all of the progress you’ve made. That being said, premium ships should include the t10 special ships; in other words, you lose all of your tech tree ships (and any event specific ships will of course leave as normal), but all non tech tree ships would stay. As for the camos and flags, I would assume it means all of the ones that applies to - consumable camos with doubloon resupply fees (type 3, ocean soul, etc), all signals with doubloon resupply fees (so all the base economic ones), and all permacamos. Tech tree permacamos have a doubloon value, either by being sold directly for doubloons like the default t6+ permacamos, or by their association to a specific tier as a permacamo (like event and linkable permacamos that were never sold directly for doubloons). Premium permacamos would have the same tier based value, the only reason they don’t have a price displayed in game is because they come with the ship when you buy it and can’t be sold. 

So, if you reset your account, the things you would lose include:

All your tech tree ships, all your consumable camos that don’t cost doubloons to resupply, all your combat and dragon signals, potentially all your patches/flags except for certain reward ones, all commanders (premium commanders most likely excluded), and all resources. You’d also lose all your stats of course. 

The things you’d keep would include:

All premium/reward/resource ships, all permacamos, all economic signals and doubloon consumable camos, and potentially certain reward flags/patches/achievements. 

[-K-]
Members
8,162 posts
13,459 battles
4 hours ago, mystuviki said:

if you reset your account it says

you lose most things but keep

• Premium ships
  • Camouflages and signal flags that have an equivalent cost in doubloons

some ships bough with resources are considered premium or special ships. do these count?

and I assume permanent camo bough with doubloons qualify for the second one. but the fact you only keep premium camo for premium ships if there equipped to the ship (I assume because they don't have a cost?) makes me want to confirm the case.

this is in regards to account wipe / account resets.

What is your incentive to reset?

Is it just for stats?

• Thanks 1

Members
2 posts
6 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

What is your incentive to reset?

Is it just for stats?

yes and no see bellow

8 hours ago, ArtyAardvark said:

I am trying to imagine why this would be a good idea, but am not coming up with anything. Why reset an account and lose all your stuff?

I grew bored of the game and need something new to entertain me.

i played so many games that I could do well in 100 and only see 0.0x% of a change. I got enough free exp to get the few tech tree ships I care about. at worse I will quit like I was going to do anyway but I will be less likely to come back (a sort of a win there to seeing how the company stopped pretending like they care about anything but wales and money)

so I been seriously considering it.

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
87 posts

I can see why they would be interested in Wales,  lovely country. It is hard to make a difference once you have a lot of games, I saw some forum posts recommending they allow various sorts of stat resets for just that sort of reason. Well, as they say in Wales...pob lwc, gobeithio y bydd yn gweithio allan.

[LOU1]
Members
4,118 posts
11,714 battles

You can just start a new account - make it an FTP account for more challenge.  It is quite interesting to start again at Tier 1 with almost no resources.  You get to work through the account levels, deal with not having the funds to repair a ship until you play another one, and the joy of 3-point Commanders.  It is actually quite fun.

[G-Z-R]
Members
50 posts
7,974 battles
7 hours ago, mystuviki said:

yes and no see bellow

I grew bored of the game and need something new to entertain me.

i played so many games that I could do well in 100 and only see 0.0x% of a change. I got enough free exp to get the few tech tree ships I care about. at worse I will quit like I was going to do anyway but I will be less likely to come back (a sort of a win there to seeing how the company stopped pretending like they care about anything but wales and money)

so I been seriously considering it.

Just reset the lines and work back through them. Not the whole account. 

Sign in to follow this