You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
devildog0416

how to combat nonsupporting behavior of bad CV players:

10 comments in this topic

[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
23 posts
9,490 battles

Let me start out with I love playing CVs myself. So this is not a hate piece and bashing all CV players. I also love playing BBs and DDs. I have researched one ship of each of the four ship types. because of this I have learned, sometimes the hard way, how important it is for all ship types to support each other. Tonight I was playing a BB. I was being chased by two  DDs. Their torps far our reached their detection range. Our CV could not be bothered to even drop a single fighter squadron to help me spot them or to help me from the enemy CV. I get it. A CV can not cover the whole map at one time, but a little cooperation would go a long way to sooth the hate. So here is what I did. Being that my nonsupporting team mate was parked behind an island in the corner of the map, (I know! imagine that!!!!) I sailed my BB right next to them.  I was protected from the enemy CV because of the combined AA. The best part was the CV got involved with detecting the two DDs chasing me. I didn't have to resort to name calling or saying that they are worthless or anything else. I just shared my in game dangers with them. I put their ship in the same danger as mine was in.  I am not a great player if you look at my stats. I play to have fun and to help my team win even if it cost me my ship. I will contest that cap in a DD while I take 100k+ potential damage. I will brawl my BB to protect my CL & CAs. I spot as much as possible with my CVs. WoWS is not about 1 player one each side, but team work. More players would do good to remember that.

PS: I have also been that CV player that let an enemy DD sink a BB because the player was being verbally abusive about CVs then sunk the ship that sank them. 

• Haha 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,021 posts
7,790 battles

In the end, it depends on how far away the request is for me. Is it worth helping just one player once or two players once? I'd say the latter, 9/10 times, and that is the difference it can make to target a far off enemy.

[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
23 posts
9,490 battles
3 hours ago, MinkeWhale said:

Why were you alone in a bb? 

The DD I was with, YOLO the cap and sunk 5 seconds with in being spotted. The CL/CA Ran. ( no judgement, it happens to all of us)

[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
23 posts
9,490 battles
9 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

In the end, it depends on how far away the request is for me. Is it worth helping just one player once or two players once? I'd say the latter, 9/10 times, and that is the difference it can make to target a far off enemy.

Typically I agree, You can not fly all the way across the map to help one player. I was less than 25km when I took a large number of torps from the enemy. The rest of the team was already complaining that he wasn't spotting, or even contributing to the battle. ( I am sure that didn't encourage them to help anyone) I am not 100% sure what they were doing or thinking. They appeared to be targeting a lone BB in the back of the map that wasn't a danger to anyone.

[POP]
Members
927 posts
8,419 battles

In most cases if the CV is positioned correctly he will be near the pushing flank.  His priority is that side of the map, flying to the other side of the map is a waste of time and resources with the exception of a few circumstances.  Furthermore, depending on the CV some fighter consumables are less effective than others.  Due to the 1 for 1 mechanic the operate by and the fact that they ignore tier a Kaga with a full squadron can literally fly through a Saipan's fighter consumable and still have enough planes left for a drop.  Add to that the fact that the enemy CV can use per say a rocket squad to bait the fighter consumable away so he can come back with the DP or TP that he wants to attack with.  If the enemy CV is where she should be with that pushing flank he can do this rahter quickly while you wasted 3 min getting a fighter consumable that literally did nothing.

Long story short, his fighters are his fighters not yours.  It's up to him to use his planes and time how he chooses in a way he decides is most beneficial to the entire team.

Edited by HallaSnackbar

Members
595 posts
5,440 battles

This is going to sound rude, but I swear it is not intended to be...  But when I read the OP, it sounds like he took his ship out of the fight and then endangered the friendly CV by leading 2 enemy DDs and the enemy CV's planes directly to it... All because the friendly CV wouldn't play the way he wanted it to?  Or did I misunderstand something...

[BB22]
Members
541 posts
6,617 battles
1 hour ago, devildog0416 said:

The DD I was with, YOLO the cap and sunk 5 seconds with in being spotted. The CL/CA Ran. ( no judgement, it happens to all of us)

So much better to follow/stay with the cruiser FWIW. Did you win?

[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
23 posts
9,490 battles
4 hours ago, MinkeWhale said:

So much better to follow/stay with the cruiser FWIW. Did you win?

I turned to run as soon as the DD went down, the cruiser was able to out distance me. We did not win. I don't blame the loss on any one player. I made my own bad decisions ( like supporting a single DD/CL combo because the cap was closer even though  the bulk of the team spond on the other side of the map). It is just the result of players not willing to help each other.

[WOLFB]
Members
67 posts
2,172 battles
On 7/30/2020 at 11:51 AM, Uncle_Lou said:

This is going to sound rude, but I swear it is not intended to be...  But when I read the OP, it sounds like he took his ship out of the fight and then endangered the friendly CV by leading 2 enemy DDs and the enemy CV's planes directly to it... All because the friendly CV wouldn't play the way he wanted it to?  Or did I misunderstand something...

It would come down to perspective. It wasn't the most team friendly move, but at the same time, it's not like the BB sunk him, or left after the DDs found the CV. 

Ultimately, it's just multi-player games and why I play so much Single Player games when not playing WoWs.