Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeadIyArT

New USA BB split gimmick suggestion

6 comments in this topic

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
573 posts
11,325 battles

My suggestion for making these slow long reloading ships have some gimmick would be long ranged radar...

What before you all get pitchforks out and try to go full mob, hear me out.

Some time ago they tried to put a long ranged radar only able to spot bb and cv and it failed. But with these lumbering giants it might be a good idea here is why.  Make it for BB/CA/CL/CV and 15km  with Russian radar like time on it.

Why CL may you ask because they are the ones going to farm the crap out of these big slow Armour ships and it would reduce the chance of these ships setting up camp behind the base line and sniping.

Balancing around this would be at best the BB can only get one shot off but would give the team a good short time to shoot the ship from smoke.

[-K-]
Members
8,166 posts
13,463 battles

I think these slow battleships would benefit more from a speed boost option rather than radar.

Considering how far back these ships are likely going to play, radar wouldn't play much of a role.

Plus, do we really need that much more radar in the game?

• Meh 1

[WOLF5]
Members
897 posts
8,032 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

I think these slow battleships would benefit more from a speed boost option rather than radar.

I agree with this idea as to a speed booster (20% boost as that would still only get it to 27.6 knots...). It sure would help with initial positioning and also extracting the ship from focused fire (HE spam).

• Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
8,837 posts
7,308 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Considering how far back these ships are likely going to play, radar wouldn't play much of a role.

If it had a range of 25km it would.

(not a serious post)

• Funny 1

[-K-]
Members
8,166 posts
13,463 battles
1 hour ago, DJC_499 said:

I agree with this idea as to a speed booster (20% boost as that would still only get it to 27.6 knots...). It sure would help with initial positioning and also extracting the ship from focused fire (HE spam).

Plus, allow for an exit strategy when things get hot.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this