Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LtLehr

Ships of the Month

9 comments in this topic

[KULT]
Members
28 posts
1,784 battles

I'm curious to hear what ships everyone's playing these days. After an interesting month in July, I've seen my overall WR drop from 59% to 56% and some very good ships, on paper, sitting with absolute dumpster fire sub-30% win rates. Conversely there's a handful of ships I'm rocking too. So list your Ship of the Month, both of them. The best SotM and the worst SotM. For me?

Best Ship for July: Alabama

Surprising, for reasons I will reveal soon, but Alabama is just working for me. Little bit of extra money, some captain exp, and just swatting down citadels (especially today!). And I didn't even have to buy her full price, I just got super lucky on one of the events. Only 30 some games in, 60% WR, doing awesome. It's guns just feel right, it's got enough agility, and that torp defense works out nicely even though somehow I seem to be less of a torp magnet than usual in it. 

Worst Ship for July: North Carolina

I know, it's surprising considering my best ship pick. I can't make NC work at all, she's lazy. Derpy guns, HE farmed, CV farmed, DESTROYER farmed (that torp defense is just...). Even discounting getting NC long before Alabama, and thus learning the similar ships through NC. I can't make it work. With a 35% WR, over only 10 more games than Alabama, NC is just far and away my least favorite ship this month. 

Edited by LtLehr

[OVRPN]
[OVRPN]
Beta Testers
108 posts
17,031 battles

Playing some Rimworld and 7D2D, mostly. Thinking of picking up Grounded but undecided, at the moment. Overall, having a better month than I have had in quite some time.

• Confused 1

[KULT]
Members
28 posts
1,784 battles

Well, I meant ships, but hey other games are always interesting to hear about. I've been rolling with a friend in 7D2D as well, got a pretty sweet mountain base that's working out in horde nights. 

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,579 posts
33,843 battles

Playing Civ VI more these days and eagerly awaiting Aug 18 release of FS2020.

Playing WOWS daily but less battles per day than before (much less).

Members
199 posts
9,100 battles

Halland: Good guns, fast torps, and the ability to fight back vs a CV its a blast to play. In fact I had a lot of fun with the whole line t6+. Sitting on 3m FXP and I've been going back and forth on Smaland but at least for randoms I get the feeling I wouldn't like it as much as Halland so I'm holding off. 

Cossack: Super stealthy, fast reloading smokes, good guns, one set of 10km torps been a solid DD for ranked so far (though I'm stuck at rank 7). Always liked it more than lightning and I can just drop my Daring captain in. 

North Carolina: Stealthy, great guns, good AA, somewhat tanky bow in. I've been finding NC the better boat for ranked over my secondary spec Bismarck. Miss the hydro but hard to give up the low concealment and big guns. 

[RLGN]
Members
13,778 posts
23,997 battles

Mostly been spamming my 14 UU Tier 10s in Co-op. With a smattering of other ships because reasons, (Lyon for French MB hits because sixteen guns, for example.)

With 2-5% ‘other,’ I’ve basically completed Odin, the KM CV Directives, and some misc by spamming those ships in Co-op.

I suppose as far as specific ships go; GkF, Rooster, Hindy, and Zao.

[L_O_L]
Members
158 posts
6,584 battles

Alabama for me too! Love playing that ship.

[NX01]
Members
38 posts
7,497 battles

Cossack:  I have been playing this ship in ranked and really enjoying it.  It is super stealthy and has great alpha on the guns.  And I love the British DD short duration and quick reloading smokes.  Even yesterday when I had a rough day with teams and actually winning games, it was still enjoyable to play.

Members
266 posts
520 battles

Best ship: IJN Isokaze - stealth is amazing, AA monster with the right build, long-range torps, surprising amount of gun kills, lots of very fun games

Worst ship: Campbeltown - I keep dying to torpedoes, even in Co-Op. Sometimes I keep getting killed by the same player. :etc_swear:

Sign in to follow this