Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Kaga Review No One Asked For...

9 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

Yea it's old - over a year - but (some adult language) it makes me laugh a whole lot. Good primer before going to battle in Kaga.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,187 posts
28,076 battles

Fun ship I suppose, if the only games I ever seemed to get weren’t ones where I’m bottom tiered.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,885 posts
2,412 battles

So is Kaga still good or did get nerfed already multiple times after this video  :Smile_hiding:

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

image.thumb.png.608dd14db275d329950467a6ec4d5e3c.pngStill good

A four carrier match... I got a Kansas, Weser in a cv to cv gun fight, and a P.E.Fred... took 2nd slot overall. 

After the match - I was at +2 Karma, my highest karma rating in months. :cap_like:

Probably my highest rating in a couple of years. :cap_haloween:

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
166 posts
3,589 battles

Whats weird to me is how little difference there was in credits between this and a game I just had. I was facing mostly T9/T10s and of course, they brought ALL the AA. 

My 40k damage, vs your 111k damage. I was only running  Zulu flag (+20% credits), which added 79k to this, before service costs. 

Any thoughts?  You certainly had a much better game than I did. 

Kaga-Untitled.png

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

Well, looking at things, I'd say the additional torp, bomb and fighter actions on my round helped, as well as the fires. The confrontation of ship-to-ship battle with my secondaries probably helped out as well. I don't believe I was running much of any additional flags. I normally only run flags when I have a definite goal to generate additional commander xp. 

Members
258 posts

Just some info no one probably cares about but Kaga showed up in Late May or early June 2017 as a premium at tier 8 at $37.95. I have had her ever since. And is a fun carrier to play. Just seems I am always seeing tier 9 and 10 enemies. Just my 2 cents worth...have fun with her.

Edited by JustAnOldDude

[CLUMP]
Members
1,885 posts
2,412 battles
On 9/16/2020 at 11:26 AM, JustAnOldDude said:

Just some info no one probably cares about but Kaga showed up in Late May or early June 2017 as a premium at tier 8 at $37.95. I have had her ever since. And is a fun carrier to play. Just seems I am always seeing tier 9 and 10 enemies. Just my 2 cents worth...have fun with her.

I think the Kaga should get preferable MM should only see tier 9 and below considering it has tier 6 planes :Smile_hiding:

Edited by LastRemnant

Members
21 posts
3,824 battles
On 9/16/2020 at 11:26 AM, JustAnOldDude said:

It was around June/July 2017 as a Tier 7 premium. RTS Kaga was tier 7 with tier 6 planes aboard.

Action CV Kaga is now tier 8 with tier 7/8 planes. She no longer carries her historical 1941 Pearl Harbor complement of A6M2s, B5Ns, and D3Y1s. Only Ryujo still carries these aircraft.

Sign in to follow this