Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chief_SeaDog

Captain Special Talents

4 comments in this topic

[SOCOM]
Members
607 posts
19,849 battles

Looking at all the Captains with Enhanced talents, the Russians get 3, most get 2, Now some of the captains are geared towards multiple area including CV. But the American are cookie cutter cruiser/BB. How About a Nimitz geared toward American CV play. Or add a CV skill to  all the specialty Captains to make them fit more into the area you are trying to push and make them more versatile. If you want CV play give COs that are made for the CV.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,430 posts
18,535 battles
3 hours ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

If you want CV play give COs that are made for the CV.

What type of special skills are needed when you fly against ships which can't shoot back?

[SOCOM]
Members
607 posts
19,849 battles

just talent that cover the Aircraft abilities expert marksman and expert loader does nothing for a CV. And that is all American Captains ever get, the russian get three of course and some of the other nations have talents that can be adapted to DD.and such. My point is if they want CV give COs talents that can be used on cv, right now I have no captains geared for CV play except cunningham and i think the german co. who cost 175000 coal. I can get a ship almost with that,

16 hours ago, Umikami said:

What type of special skills are needed when you fly against ships which can't shoot back?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,430 posts
18,535 battles
6 hours ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

just talent that cover the Aircraft abilities expert marksman and expert loader does nothing for a CV. And that is all American Captains ever get, the russian get three of course and some of the other nations have talents that can be adapted to DD.and such. My point is if they want CV give COs talents that can be used on cv, right now I have no captains geared for CV play except cunningham and i think the german co. who cost 175000 coal. I can get a ship almost with that,

What is needed is a revamping of the current system which is based on the premise that losing a CV is losing the match. That should be replaced with the premise that taking out the red teams most powerful ship is top priority. Towards that end, CV fire and flood mechanics should be reworked towards making CVs just as vulnerable as a ship filled with fuel and explosive ordinance should be; CVs should be able to be detonated; and fighters should be removed completely as they have no place in a game where ships fight ships, thus making CVs vulnerable to CV sniping, which should be happening every match. Make those balance adjustments and then we can talk about giving Captains special CV skills, because right now the ships themselves have enough special CV skills to unbalance the game.

Sign in to follow this