You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OttoVonPrien

Dockyard done right this time

11 comments in this topic

[KMS]
Beta Testers
277 posts
15,853 battles

sPeople know I  complain a lot, when something hits me as not right. and I had a lot to say about the PR Doc.

So it's only right I praise when I like something WG does, I joke about Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde working at WG.

mission were much more reasonable this time, Even though I had the GSpee the 2 ships was a nice touch for people with less time to play.

I really liked the steel option for missions after completing Dock,

Being a sucker-collector-whale Did the math and $bought up the doc so I would get enough steel to get the Stalingrad when the Dec coupon comes out

and thanks to                  my clans maxed out port  275 steel pay out for each phase

Perhaps not perfect but much better done and I say thank you

thaks also for the reasonable Ger directive this last upgrade, just finished it last night

also have to note the AZ container bundles are the same price in both Armory and Prem. shop,   A  BIG IMPROVEMNT IN  CUSTOMER RELATIONS. 

SO KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND keep Mr Hyde locked up or sweeping the parking lot,         LOL

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[--K--]
Members
5,341 posts

So were you able to get the new dock yard to load? 
What's it like in there? 

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,410 posts
6,246 battles

now i need to tolerate all those new players sailing odin at long range.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,663 posts
13,998 battles

Yeah, more reasonable requirements and those requirements were well stated in advance.

[STW-N]
Members
3,918 posts
9,032 battles

In terms of overall feasibility and realistic expectations, indeed this is a great improvement.

In terms of technical integrity though, that was not so (or at least for Mac users like myself). This round the dockyard was basically inaccessible to me in port, forcing me to use a url link to access the dockyard and collect rewards. The final cutscene was just a black screen to me on account of it glitching out. It's rather strange considering I had no issues with the Puerto Rico dockyard.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,849 posts
13,129 battles
13 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Yeah, more reasonable requirements and those requirements were well stated in advance.

Yep. I was pleasantly surprised when the pre-published list of directives turned out to be completely accurate with no meaningful changes.

I actually liked the structure of the PR event. I thought that was perfect. The actual things they asked us to do were a excellent combination of tasks that should have been a fun and challenging grind, and unlike others, I had no problem figuring out the construction aspect (I did not spend doubloons on construction once the full cost was revealed, and I accepted from the start that I would not get the ship).

Where they absolutely :etc_swear:'d it up was the AMOUNT of each thing they asked us to do in the time-frame they gave us to do it.

That being said, I would happily have attempted even that horrific grind if only they had done what they did this time and fed it to us over two patches, or even three (like Cossack). By the time I really got heavily into PR Directive 4, I was pumped. It was the grind motivator to end all grind motivators. I was ready to go on and finish it, even without the ship. There just wasn't enough time.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,663 posts
13,998 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yep. I was pleasantly surprised when the pre-published list of directives turned out to be completely accurate with no meaningful changes.

I actually liked the structure of the PR event. I thought that was perfect. The actual things they asked us to do were a excellent combination of tasks that should have been a fun and challenging grind, and unlike others, I had no problem figuring out the construction aspect (I did not spend doubloons on construction once the full cost was revealed, and I accepted from the start that I would not get the ship).

Where they absolutely :etc_swear:'d it up was the AMOUNT of each thing they asked us to do in the time-frame they gave us to do it.

That being said, I would happily have attempted even that horrific grind if only they had done what they did this time and fed it to us over two patches, or even three (like Cossack). By the time I really got heavily into PR Directive 4, I was pumped. It was the grind motivator to end all grind motivators. I was ready to go on and finish it, even without the ship. There just wasn't enough time.

I didn't even try on the PR. I spent the 8K doubloons at the start to guarantee getting the Odin because the cost was stated up front, 8k at the very beginning or 3.5k at the end.

3 hours ago, HeadSplit120 said:

I enjoyed the Odin Dockyard.

I wasn't around for the PR event but it sounds like I should be happy I wasn't available for it.

It was a public relations disaster and they did admit that they dropped the ball.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,849 posts
13,129 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I didn't even try on the PR. I spent the 8K doubloons at the start to guarantee getting the Odin because the cost was stated up front, 8k at the very beginning or 3.5k at the end.

I went for the 3.5K at the end. I know that paying more got people various amounts of steel, but that's not a drawcard for me.

My initial approach to the PR was to buy the Gorizia, use her to unlock the set of side missions she was the lead-in for, finish those, win her doubloons back, then stop (end of Directive 3). This I did, and then I let myself relax.

I picked it back up again because time suddenly became available and because several grinds I was working on plus Ranked Sprint carried me nearly to the end of Directive 4. Finishing D4 (particularly that 950K XP grind) would give me one more New Year camo, so I went for it.

I should have kept my eye on the ball instead of relaxing, because there's every chance it would have got me through Directive 4 sufficiently early that I would have made it to the checkpoint which brought the PR's price down to 15,000 doubloons. That was my fault, and I made a similar blunder back in the Benham grind. Near the end of that, I realised how achievable it had actually been. Cue the Emperor saying "Young fool! Only now, at the end, do you understand!" (The next mistake I made was not to simply swallow my pride and whale the cost. For someone who plays as much DD in co-op as I do, it would have been worth it.)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,663 posts
13,998 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I went for the 3.5K at the end. I know that paying more got people various amounts of steel, but that's not a drawcard for me.

My initial approach to the PR was to buy the Gorizia, use her to unlock the set of side missions she was the lead-in for, finish those, win her doubloons back, then stop (end of Directive 3). This I did, and then I let myself relax.

I picked it back up again because time suddenly became available and because several grinds I was working on plus Ranked Sprint carried me nearly to the end of Directive 4. Finishing D4 (particularly that 950K XP grind) would give me one more New Year camo, so I went for it.

I should have kept my eye on the ball instead of relaxing, because there's every chance it would have got me through Directive 4 sufficiently early that I would have made it to the checkpoint which brought the PR's price down to 15,000 doubloons. That was my fault, and I made a similar blunder back in the Benham grind. Near the end of that, I realised how achievable it had actually been. Cue the Emperor saying "Young fool! Only now, at the end, do you understand!" (The next mistake I made was not to simply swallow my pride and whale the cost. For someone who plays as much DD in co-op as I do, it would have been worth it.)

I wasn't interested in the steel and was more interested in not having to grind much.

Edited by BrushWolf

[KMS]
Beta Testers
277 posts
15,853 battles
20 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

So were you able to get the new dock yard to load? 
What's it like in there? 

Sometime Dockyard would load quick, sometimes slow and sometimes not at all for me on this older laptop

on a more powerful one it loads fast. 

Seems like first load was the worst seemed like 10 min on junktop. 

try just letting it run while you are afk