Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VS33_Screwbird

German Directives and "Rewards"

32 comments in this topic

[DOINK]
Members
5 posts
1,525 battles

So, you work your butt off to complete the missions and obtain the rewards, such as German containers. When you open those containers that you worked so hard for, what's in them? Well, maybe if you're lucky you get something good. Chances are though you're going to get a couple lame expendable camos or 5 economic signal flags or 15 combat signal flags that perform some function that you won't even use. Work hard, collect lame prizes. Not even really worth the grind. Come on Warships, can't you do better than this?

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[WMD]
Members
1,430 posts
9,217 battles

The stuff is free, and you get it for just playing the game. I fail to see what there is to complain about in that. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[OIL-1]
Members
934 posts
1 minute ago, VeatherVitch said:

The stuff is free, and you get it for just playing the game. I fail to see what there is to complain about in that. 

In other games, you get rewards like free continuous premium time just for playing. So by comparison, it's a valid complaint.

• Cool 1

[DOINK]
Members
5 posts
1,525 battles
12 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

Yeah, it's free. But like 1250 main hits with a French or Japanese BB for a reward of 10,000 credits? Wow. 

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,410 posts
6,246 battles

basically lower the mission requirements so the rewards make sense.

Members
81 posts
1,948 battles

I don't really have any quarrel with directives unless they're in a ship I'm not good enough with to complete. I'm pretty dreadful in a destroyer that isn't the Haida, and I've only just learned how to use carriers recently so those directives are difficult and usually not worth the reward for me.

[DOINK]
Members
5 posts
1,525 battles
30 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

basically lower the mission requirements so the rewards make sense.

Exactly!

[ABCD3]
Members
448 posts
10,533 battles

I think we did over 30 containers?   90% flags with a few camos.   Not one mission for a German CV.    

[-1]
Members
568 posts
9,049 battles
39 minutes ago, RickPatton said:

I think we did over 30 containers?   90% flags with a few camos.   Not one mission for a German CV.    

Same here. But I had pretty low expectations at the start. It's the same thing as Puerto Rico--you just look at this and say "nah, I'll just grab free flags". Sure I feel envy for people that unlocked free permacamos but what can you do.

[DOINK]
Members
5 posts
1,525 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I'm not sure I'd consider the KM CV Directives "working our butts off".

Easy to say if you are in possession of higher tier ships

Members
15 posts
254 battles

Yea I would say the drop rates for these containers seem to be pretty poor this time.

There are thresholds between it being too easy and it pissing people off and I think this one is leaning towards the latter.

Yes it's free and you don't want to just hand them out but I feel this one is at the point where you frustrate/anger people and lose their goodwill. I don't think that's good business.

Maybe they should have done a tiered drop rate where there's a higher chance to get the first one.

Then once you have the first one, the chance is lower for the second, and the last one is even lower if you acquired 2 of them beforehand. Maybe something like that.

Now all we ended up with are some people with 30(or however many there were) containers and no cv and a bad taste in their mouth. Not cool.

Edited by armakel
  • Cool 1

[WMD]
Members
1,430 posts
9,217 battles
6 hours ago, z9_ said:

In other games, you get rewards like free continuous premium time just for playing. So by comparison, it's a valid complaint.

Play those games then... free stuff is free stuff. WG allows people to play this game without paying a cent, they don't owe the players anything other than what you bought as specified in the product details. 

6 hours ago, VS33_Screwbird said:

Yeah, it's free. But like 1250 main hits with a French or Japanese BB for a reward of 10,000 credits? Wow. 

Do you need to do it to complete the overall mission? Are their missions more suited to the ships you have and play frequently? 

The reward is the fact you get free stuff for playing a free game. The amounts aren't important, because even one credit is more than what you would have had without the mission. 

• Meh 1

[TDRB]
Members
4,554 posts
12,779 battles
7 hours ago, VS33_Screwbird said:

So, you work your butt off to complete the missions and obtain the rewards, such as German containers. When you open those containers that you worked so hard for, what's in them? Well, maybe if you're lucky you get something good. Chances are though you're going to get a couple lame expendable camos or 5 economic signal flags or 15 combat signal flags that perform some function that you won't even use. Work hard, collect lame prizes. Not even really worth the grind. Come on Warships, can't you do better than this?

We differ on what considered working hard. I need a few hundred thousand credits to get the final container. I did get the Weser.

Yes, the rewards could be better but WG doesn't see the need so I take what I get for free.

3 hours ago, VS33_Screwbird said:

Easy to say if you are in possession of higher tier ships

I ran coops with mid-tiered ships to complete most directives. I did use my 4 T8 German ships to get tokens. I'd say I have better results with the mid-tiered ships.

[BB22]
Members
542 posts
6,632 battles

Yeah I got them all, but don't like playing cv that much. 

All it's doing is tempting me to spend 10500 doubloons (with coupon) on gz, to get the permacamo for gk or hindenburg... but I don't really want the gz.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,850 posts
13,133 battles
15 hours ago, VS33_Screwbird said:

It's not the mission reward that's important (though these could have been better); it's the directive as a whole that you are trying to finish. FOCUS ON THE END GOAL, NOT THE INTERMEDIATE STEPS.

[OIL-1]
Members
934 posts
9 hours ago, VeatherVitch said:

Play those games then...

I do. and I enjoy them.
As for this game, I have 35 WG containers in stock, a campaign I won't finish the final task,
and several collections on pause, because I don't have the time to use the premium time properly.
I still haven't collected the Dockyard rewards because of the 4 forced premium days in it.
It's simply unnecessary management, that I don't have to deal with in other games I play.

[WMD]
Members
1,430 posts
9,217 battles
1 hour ago, z9_ said:

I do. and I enjoy them.
As for this game, I have 35 WG containers in stock, a campaign I won't finish the final task,
and several collections on pause, because I don't have the time to use the premium time properly.
I still haven't collected the Dockyard rewards because of the 4 forced premium days in it.
It's simply unnecessary management, that I don't have to deal with in other games I play.

Alternatively you could just play when you can, and get the event rewards without premium time running.... Or, an even better solution is to buy the premium time you crave, then you never have to worry about whether you have premium running or not. 

[OIL-1]
Members
934 posts
14 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

an even better solution is to buy the premium time you crave

Why would I buy something I don't need?
All of my time is consumed by running missions which do not require premium.
Only have 3 ships left to level. Could do it fast because I have so many boosts, but I'm enjoying the ships.
Current plan is to use the 4 day Dockyard premium to level the Lexington in ranked, but I can't get started.
Just picked up the Weser mission on German Container #43, and while it's good for 60 days,
it has to be completed asap so that I can collect the 75 tokens which will give me another 8 good camos.
I'm still collecting this stuff because once I finish the game, I may decide to level up all the ships I don't want,
just to add them to the collection, and use in snowflake events, as well as any future lines that may catch my interest.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,858 posts
42,904 battles

If you are one of the people that believe players should not complain about the 'free' stuff they grind for in this game, then feel free to leave your RL name and address.  I'm pretty sure someone will be happy to leave a free pile of dog poo on your doorstep.  They might even  light it for free.  And if you ask nicely, they might even give you a free kick in the nuts.

• Boring 1

[WMD]
Members
1,430 posts
9,217 battles
5 hours ago, Patton5150 said:

If you are one of the people that believe players should not complain about the 'free' stuff they grind for in this game, then feel free to leave your RL name and address.  I'm pretty sure someone will be happy to leave a free pile of dog poo on your doorstep.  They might even  light it for free.  And if you ask nicely, they might even give you a free kick in the nuts.

Except WG never gives you anything bad, people just whine because they didn't get enough of what they wanted, much like a spoiled rotten children who whines because their grandmother only gave them $5 for their birthday... 

[WMD]
Members
1,430 posts
9,217 battles
5 hours ago, z9_ said:

Why would I buy something I don't need?
All of my time is consumed by running missions which do not require premium.
Only have 3 ships left to level. Could do it fast because I have so many boosts, but I'm enjoying the ships.
Current plan is to use the 4 day Dockyard premium to level the Lexington in ranked, but I can't get started.
Just picked up the Weser mission on German Container #43, and while it's good for 60 days,
it has to be completed asap so that I can collect the 75 tokens which will give me another 8 good camos.
I'm still collecting this stuff because once I finish the game, I may decide to level up all the ships I don't want,
just to add them to the collection, and use in snowflake events, as well as any future lines that may catch my interest.

You complained that because you couldn't use premium time the way you wanted you wouldn't finish a campaign, or complete the collections you are working on... 

So which is it, do you not need premium time, or can you not complete your objectives because of premium time restrictions? 

Sign in to follow this