You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VonSchoenvorts

How? Just how is it possible?

69 comments in this topic

Members
20 posts
6,532 battles

Okay I will admit I am far from the best player of this game, but I'm certainly not the worst either. But sometimes I get a run of losses that makes me wonder how it's possible to get so many teams in a row that just blow or face so many teams that are vastly better! I don't like to lose, but when I get 5 or more losses in a row it gets down right infuriating! Then if I mention anything about it in the comments I ALWAYS get the smartass saying "Maybe it's you" (watch someone will say that here). Sometimes maybe it is, but I would say more times than not it's not. I can almost see a loss before it happens, you get these teams that don't communicate at all and everybody is doing there own thing and sometimes you'd swear they're trying to commit suicide. Or a lot of times you get teams that all hide behind an island for the entire match while the enemy secures all the caps and then even if the team finally does rally and start to sink the majority of the enemy fleet they win by points anyway. I know this is just a rant, and I don't have a solution, but if anyone has some helpful suggestions or if you want to share the most losses you've had in a row, I'd be interested; I believe my record number of losses in a row was somewhere around 12, but that was a long time ago. Have a nice day.

• Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[KWF]
Members
4,186 posts
6,350 battles

Maybe it is you the issue, in the sense that it isn't good pushing after having loss streaks. Try a Scenario or play a couple of Co op battles to cool down, then give it a shot again in the ship you are most comfortable with.

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1
  • Meh 1

Members
44 posts
464 battles
4 minutes ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

I ALWAYS get the smartass saying "Maybe it's you" (watch someone will say that here). Sometimes maybe it is, 

Its not "Sometimes "  its all the time .   Thats the issue everyone on your team thinks the same way you do . im not the best and certainly not the worst....... 

• Meh 3

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,433 posts
6,255 battles

i ask myself how they managed to wear their own clothes without choking themselves.

but in the end,it's my fault because my loss streak can increase only because i press that play button.

• Haha 2

[ZUOSI]
Beta Testers
1,258 posts
1,764 battles
12 minutes ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

Okay I will admit I am far from the best player of this game, but I'm certainly not the worst either. But sometimes I get a run of losses that makes me wonder how it's possible to get so many teams in a row that just blow or face so many teams that are vastly better! I don't like to lose, but when I get 5 or more losses in a row it gets down right infuriating! Then if I mention anything about it in the comments I ALWAYS get the smartass saying "Maybe it's you" (watch someone will say that here). Sometimes maybe it is, but I would say more times than not it's not. I can almost see a loss before it happens, you get these teams that don't communicate at all and everybody is doing there own thing and sometimes you'd swear they're trying to commit suicide. Or a lot of times you get teams that all hide behind an island for the entire match while the enemy secures all the caps and then even if the team finally does rally and start to sink the majority of the enemy fleet they win by points anyway. I know this is just a rant, and I don't have a solution, but if anyone has some helpful suggestions or if you want to share the most losses you've had in a row, I'd be interested; I believe my record number of losses in a row was somewhere around 12, but that was a long time ago. Have a nice day.

There will always be bad games. However eventually you get enough losses that you start being your own worst enemy. Instead of playing intelligently and you start taking unnecessary risks. That's when you need to take a break or play a ship you find easy to play and win on.

• Thanks 1

[OIL-1]
Members
954 posts

25 losses in a row with the tank game. Maybe 15 on this game.

If you care about winning on 'this game', try using different ships/tiers until you find one that WG will 'allow' you to win on.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[META_]
Members
704 posts
15,133 battles
9 minutes ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

Hey captain, I'm a pretty strong solo destroyer player and I have had 5-8 losses in a row mostly being top 3 on xp board.. So it happens... I try to do what I need for the win and get my xp(not farming) and if I end up top 5 in xp I know I did my part... Xp board doesn't tell the whole story but you get what I'm saying.. Try to contribute and if it doesn't work out you did your part. I'm not gonna resort to bashing myself or others.... My YouTube channel is Meta_man2002 check it out if you get a chance.. Stay positive my friend 😁

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
22 minutes ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

so.... then the question becomes... having recognised that things are about to go downhill to a loss, what can you personally do to try and swing it back.

• Cool 1

Members
6,347 posts
19,990 battles
32 minutes ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

What if I told you that 40% of the players in every random game were bots? Different names, and the :...: is removed from their name....

Try an experiment in your next random match, offer doubloons to anyone that responds, 24 players... you won't ever get more than 8 individual responses.

[OIL-1]
Members
954 posts
1 minute ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

Try an experiment in your next random match, offer doubloons to anyone that responds, 24 players... you won't ever get more than 8 individual responses.

That's because I know you ain't payin', so I ain't sayin'. 

[PMWC1]
Members
143 posts
4,113 battles

This is why I run matchmaking monitor.  That way I know if RNG is not on my side.

Also 5 in a row isn’t terrible.  I lost 30 in a row and was ready to uninstall (29 of those 30 I was placed on the worse team by matchmaking).  It’s taken me around 300 games to recover that win percentage.

• Cool 1

Members
20 posts
6,532 battles

Dareiosyes I have recognized some of the problems but sometimes there is nothing you can do to stop destiny. For instance when I see somebody on a suicide mission or if I try and steer the team to somewhat of a strategy, I usually get ignored and it plays out like I thought it would. I'm not always right, and I know sometimes you just come across better players and sometimes luck just works against you too. Like I said I don't really have a good solution. 

[AOI]
Members
246 posts
13,058 battles

Random games as a lone wolf is not the place to be if u want a great winning percentage..Just lost 70% of my games today in Warspite..I played some great games just could not win..That is the life of a lone wolf playing random games all day..Pic below shows u a good example..

shot-20.07.29_11.45.49-0323.jpg

Edited by timinindiana
  • Cool 2

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
371 posts
14,191 battles
56 minutes ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

Definitely a you question. Plus if you are running sole, not the way to run warships, join a clan and find buddies.

Edited by lordholland4293
spelling

[PMWC1]
Members
143 posts
4,113 battles
18 minutes ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

DM31, wow! 30 in a row! I would have broke my computer. Glad to hear you've rebounded.

Thanks!  Shchors will forever be ruined in my mind since I was grinding it at the time.  25% win rate when I moved to Chapeyev.

Second time through for RB points I played Shchors at 60% so it’s definitely random over a small sample size of battles.

• Cool 1

[CHBK]
Members
619 posts
2,904 battles

I mean randoms rarely use "teamwork", its a bunch of individuals out to maximize their individual stats.  It's why divisions can be very influential because they actually work together.  It's largely RNG.

i.e. my win rate in a 3 person div is 66%.  Solo 53%, 2 person div 55%.   It aint an accident that my WR is so much higher in a div of 3.  We pick complimentary ships, roll together support eachother and that can have a big impact on the game.

Edited by Taco_De_Moist
  • Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
12,500 posts
34,729 battles
1 hour ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

n, but if anyone has some helpful suggestions or if you want to share the most losses you've had in a row, I'd be interested; I believe my record number of losses in a row was somewhere around 12, but that was a long time ago. Have a nice day.

First, when you get a couple of losses in a row, just quit. I always leave after the second loss. Just go play coop or operations. Don't try to make Randoms work on those days when the MM hates you. 

You really really need to division with good players, because that will enable you to carry some matches.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,552 posts
10,372 battles

But sometimes I get a run of losses that makes me wonder how it's possible to get so many teams in a row that just blow or face so many teams that are vastly better! I don't like to lose, but when I get 5 or more losses in a row it gets down right infuriating! ........I believe my record number of losses in a row was somewhere around 12, but that was a long time ago. Have a nice day.

I've gotten over 20 losses in a row before, all while being near or at the top of the leaderboard.  It is hair pulling.  Sometimes it just doesn't matter how good you play, the WG team selection is just against you.

1 hour ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

What if I told you that 40% of the players in every random game were bots? Different names, and the :...: is removed from their name....

I rarely respond to things like this, so I would have been considered a bot.

38 minutes ago, DM31 said:

Thanks!  Shchors will forever be ruined in my mind since I was grinding it at the time.  25% win rate when I moved to Chapeyev.

Second time through for RB points I played Shchors at 60% so it’s definitely random over a small sample size of battles.

I have some ships like that.  I couldn't buy a win in them on some days.  Some are really good ships, but I don't have a good win rate in them.  I keep thinking about going back and playing them to bring the win percentage up to 50%, just as a challenge.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,309 posts
14,528 battles
1 hour ago, Dareios said:

so.... then the question becomes... having recognised that things are about to go downhill to a loss, what can you personally do to try and swing it back.

Farm damage. When a team completely starts melting like a snowball in a furnace it depends on what your in. Usually if there are BB’s to farm, try to get as much damage as you can before the game ends.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,309 posts
14,528 battles

if you want to share the most losses you've had in a row, I'd be interested; 

I went one Sunday without a win. Three sessions of five. Two sessions of five was solo, last session was in a division. After 0-10 by mid day. I came back and told a friend about it. He said it was all in my head. He joined for a 0-5 session which brought that Sunday to a conclusion of 0-15 with two breaks to try and escape the then current MM. that was upper, then mid, then lower tier. There was not a single win to be had that day.

[SEA-7]
Members
134 posts
4,123 battles
2 hours ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

I think I got dozen losses in a row maybe two weeks ago, lol. It's infuriating. You have to turn it off and walk away. I did not. I played worse and worse as the losses piled on and some I played okay on and my teams were pretty bad, but there were also games that I completely wiffed on. I really had a horrible couple of weeks (I lost a point and a half off my record lol), I even made a similar post about it. It sucks. The best thing you can do is keep playing solid games for yourself. If you are playing solid, not making stupid mistakes; then yeah, it's a team issue. The minute it starts effecting your play, you need to recognize it and walk for the day. I am trying to be better at that myself, it's only a game. If its not fun, walk away. GL.